Ryan Jack Red

scottyc06

When I see it again in slow motion, it is a red card by the letter of the law. But there was certainly no intent by Jack. I don't know if that gives a reason for appealing this but I hope so because Jack has been coming on to a game of late. 

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MasterD said:

He studded a guy in the ankle, regardless of intent or anything else it’s a red card.

If someone done that to our player people would be greeting for a red card.

It’s unfortunate because he was playing well and didn’t mean it but it’s rare you see a player get away with anything like that nowadays.

Pish

3 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

But according to St. Brenda he is an honest, respectful and full of integrity prick. Don't think he put in prick but it was an obvious error.

Since his Liverpool days, Brenda has mostly talked shite. 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Unfortunately I think it was a red.  If for example the twat Broon had made that challenge on one of ours - we would have been baying for his blood.

I like Jack, he was having a good game bossing it  in many ways, but it won't be rescinded this time.

I understand why Gollum went for red at the time in real time and speed but thats not a red and it WILL be rescinded 

If thats a red then EVERY tackle where you connect with a player should be a red, studs or no studs if the idea is protecting player safety then shinnie has to go for his late tackle on tav, and that's one of the many on both sides that should be red cards

The thing that makes the jack red seem worse is that may made no attempt to play the ball, if he went to kick it same as jack it would have been a full blooded 50/50 that no one even looks twice on, instead may plants his foot and makes no attempt at anything, imagine if jack feigned kicking the ball, how fucking stupid may would have looked as the ball bounces off him instead of him controlling it

Yellow card imo purely because he exerted slightly more force than required, even then thats still harsh

Put your hand over the left side of this gif and see if anything looks bad

giphy.gif

its a normal pass it’s not even a challenge FFS.

the ref was behind May I think and it looks bad from that angle and the contact was nasty so can understand the red but it will be rescinded

29 minutes ago, Inigo said:

All evidence points to a challenge rather than a pass.

Even though he actually passed it and never had to challenge because May shat himself, that's nonsense mate.

Never a red, he had no time to move his foot.

7 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

That will get rescinded. He didnt lunge in, it wasnt excessive, he did get the ball but his follow through and the fact that May shit it meant he got a sore one.

Definintely not serious foul play 

Dean.............brace yourself..................I agree mate.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

It was a 50/50 that jack won, if follow throughs are classed as dangerous then football needs stopped altogether 

I'm not arguing with that. Doesn't change the rules. If you hit someone with force on the ankle with your studs with enough force you can injure them you're going to be sent off.

I've already said 10 years ago it would have been waived play on.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Even though he actually passed it and never had to challenge because May shat himself, that's nonsense mate.

Never a red, he had no time to move his foot.

You're telling me he passed it straight at Stevie May? Sounds more like nonsense to me, mate.

He wouldn't have to move his foot if he hadn't made a stupid challenge. 

Archived