Ryan Jack Red

scottyc06

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Haven't been on this evening but directly after the defeat this afternoon they'd all turned on McInnes and a large chunk of their team, along with a few turning on eachother :lol: 

Pretty much what has been happening on here for the past month.

1 minute ago, harlands plater said:

FFS if they want to see a tackle made with malicious intent to injure an opponent , they should have to look at Neil Simpson, it's night and day. And to think all that scumbag got was a yellow.

They glorify that and him. 

It sums them up that one of their most regularly sung songs is about them injuring one of our players. Useless, no mark, shitey, tinpot, sheep shagging bastards.

Just now, Supersonic said:

From the split second the game kicked off Collum looked like he was on a fucking mission today. It was mental to watch.

It's one thing for us and another thing altogether for every other cunt in the league.

I'm with you mate there 

.Many bears feel the same

The usual stuff like taig like behaviour gets spouted when dare think things like this 

It's just happening way too often but Colum doesn't hide it now 

He has the cover of given us a penalty years ago for nothing .Broadfoot

Sincd then .Not many big calls for us but many against us and costly big match ones 

He is beggar loving bastard  

9 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

All the trash talking seems to have psyched him up for it. Either that or he knew McInnes was coming in and felt like he had to put on a performance given the way those 2 fell out when he left the sheep (appreciate McInnes has since said he has no issues with anyone but think it might still have been something in Jack's mind)

Given McInnes (if he joins) is pretty much doing the same thing as jack I doubt he’d have a problem

Jack bossed both games.

We quite rightly shout like fuck when the team gets bullied, as has been happening.

I'd rather he showed a bit of dig and fight as he has been doing.

A few years ago that tackle would've been ok. It's debatable now, it was follow through that he couldn't help, but nowadays would be deemed reckless. 

15 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Jack bossed both games.

We quite rightly shout like fuck when the team gets bullied, as has been happening.

I'd rather he showed a bit of dig and fight as he has been doing.

A few years ago that tackle would've been ok. It's debatable now, it was follow through that he couldn't help, but nowadays would be deemed reckless. 

See this is the key thing.

We are seen as a soft touch and that won’t change with any talking off the park. Sure red cards don’t help us in the short term but in the long term it may reinstate our position as a team that don’t take shit from anyone.

5 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

Not so sure it will.

It has to be an obvious mistake to get overturned and it will be argued it was an out of control follow through.

No intent and barely a yellow a few years back but seen plenty of reds like that these days

What about Browns overturned decision last season at Ross County? Ye know, the one his manager said he had "no complaints" about?

Overturned and allowed to play the double header with us.

I look at this from 3 different ways.

1. Ryan Jack makes the pass and May comes in late, May takes a sore one.

2. Ryan Jack makes the pass and May doesn’t make contact with Jack. Game goes on.

3. Ryan Jack makes the pass and May takes Jack out, Jack takes a sore one.

All three above scenarios have the same principle, Jack makes the pass. Doesn’t challenge, he makes the pass. All three scenarios have the same challenge from May, as that’s what he does, challenge, as Jack has gotten to the ball first, not won the challenge, he has gotten to the ball first. 

Any three of the last scenarios could have happened and it was unfortunate for both players because Jack has been wrongly sent off and May has received an injury. An appalling decision.

10 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Listen I agree it’s one of those ones that comes round few and far between. Could have easily broken his ankle where his foot ended up but like I said originally there’s certainly no intent. I think he could get done for being reckless though maybe because of the follow through. Like the Mane one against Man City. 

Mate that was absolutely fuck all like Mane against Man City lol. That comparison is worse than the red card Jack got today ?

Been watching it over and over for a wee while now, why does it take Gollum a few seconds to blow his whistle firstly for a foul then to dish out the red card? 

It's as though he's realised which Rangers player is involved which would explain why it takes for Jack to turn his back towards him then the whistle is blown. 

Maybe I'm just paranoid and Willie Collum is an honest down to earth referee and wouldn't feel as though he had to make up for having a howler in his previous game at Fir Park.

Paranoid Protestants nawrat...

As far as I can see there's nothing inherently dangerous or reckless about the way Jack plays the ball, the outcome is unfortunate and that's why he's gone. Decent chance of an appeal I'd of thought given that it was a 50/50 ball, he's not gone in studs or or off the ground and it's pure bad luck/Mays actions that meant they ended they way did.

I don't really think Jack can do much about it. He kicked a ball that was there to be won, and well, the laws of physics mean he can't do much about the follow through, unfortunately thats just the way a foot goes when you sidefoot a ball  - he did not much wrong. Its just bad luck how it plays out, his momentum and the timing of May being there take him into the player. I'm certain theres no malice, forcefulness or recklessness intended at all there.

The slow motion makes it look horrendous, and tbh I can see why Collum has given it.

37 minutes ago, whatnobeer said:

As far as I can see there's nothing inherently dangerous or reckless about the way Jack plays the ball, the outcome is unfortunate and that's why he's gone. Decent chance of an appeal I'd of thought given that it was a 50/50 ball, he's not gone in studs or or off the ground and it's pure bad luck/Mays actions that meant they ended they way did.

The problem here is May imo, he turns a 50/50 into a 100/0 by shitting himself and planting his foot. Jack kicks the ball and only his momentum carries him into May, there's no extra movement from Jack . The other issue is slow motion which presents the effect in glorious Technicolor  and ignores the cause. Last point on the subject for me is that if Holt had done the exact same tackle he'd not even have been booked. 

14 minutes ago, Badger said:

I don't really think Jack can do much about it. He kicked a ball that was there to be won, and well, the laws of physics mean he can't do much about the follow through, unfortunately thats just the way a foot goes when you sidefoot a ball  - he did not much wrong. Its just bad luck how it plays out, his momentum and the timing of May being there take him into the player. I'm certain theres no malice, forcefulness or recklessness intended at all there.

The slow motion makes it look horrendous, and tbh I can see why Collum has given it.

As a kid you're first lesson in football is never pull out of a tackle or you'll get hurt , not one comment has been made about May pulling out of the tackle and when he plants his foot contact is inevitable. 

8 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

As a kid you're first lesson in football is never pull out of a tackle or you'll get hurt , not one comment has been made about May pulling out of the tackle and when he plants his foot contact is inevitable. 

It's just one of those things. A fraction of a second sees a completely different outcome. It's one of those decisions that are good to debate because it isn't black and white.

I agree May backing out made it worse. Backing out of a 50/50 at such a late moment leads to injuries, but both guys are just doing what instinct tells them.

I think there's a chance that might be appealled successfully - it wouldn't be entirely frivolous to try. I can completely see why Collum gave it, if he thinks there is any intent there - it is a straight red card. Replays show there was likely no intent.

4 hours ago, Shuggy said:

Saw it on Sportscene, had to go. The guy is mental.

The guy is mental? 

How many reds had he received before joining Rangers? 

How many reds has he had that weren’t reds? 

Yesterdays was not even close to being “mental” it was fucking tame and I fail to see how it can even be a foul. I get it that it look a sore one for May but it was Mays own fault.

Accidental collisions happen, it’s a contact sport. It’s inevitable that if two players run towards a ball from different directions occasionally they will bump into each other. 

It should be appealed and it should be rescinded. Which would be 3 red cards so far for the season that have been rescinded. Has that ever happened in the history of football? 

Questions have to be asked

Archived