Ryan Jack Red

scottyc06

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all know what the referees agenda is, glad this one didn’t change the outcome of the game. 

Until we have a board that give a fuck then Rangers will just have to win games the way they did yesterday. This boards dereliction of duty when it comes to ensuring Rangers are playing in the same parameters as the rest is far too apparent. 

20 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Like I said in the match thread, it’s a tough one. Where his foot goes is a natural follow through after the tackle and theres definitely no intent. However it’s not always about intent it’s about ‘excessive force’ and endangering the player. Like the Pogba one last night, it’s one of those ones that looks terrible in slow mo.

Stokes on Papac in the first minute at the beggerdome a few years back got a yellow , Scott Brown probably would not have got a card never mind yellow our man went full in as you do May pulled out and got hurt as you do. .

It was a yellow as if that was a red so was Christies in the first half when we broke and he just took I think it was Tav clean out as we were breaking , the intent was there , then he does a couple of stupid fouls soon after and  shouts and bawls at the ref yet nothing?   Aberdeen kicked us everywhere yet only got one booking in 90mins says it all to me. .

Well played Ryan Jack and welcome finally to a big club

6 hours ago, whatnobeer said:

As far as I can see there's nothing inherently dangerous or reckless about the way Jack plays the ball,

Exactly, and what you see with this guy is what Kevin Thompson was for us a few years ago. He's an able guy and not a powderpuff like the long-haired gypo that poofed out of the tackle. I've a lot of time for Jack and he's the type that hopefully will give lego and his ilk a hard time on the 30th ... before his debatable Red.

Looks like I’m in the minority here but although it’s a 50/50 there to be won his studs regardless of the argument are up over that strikers ankle. Abit reckless tbf and I don’t think we’ll win an appeal on that.  If that challenge happened on our player then we’d expect a red to be shown to the opposition.  However I don’t think there’s any intent on jacks behalf as you can see he’s focused on where the ball is going next and not one look at at the other player

Not sure if it has been posted, but the picture of the impact  on the bbc website lis deliberately framed to look malicious.

There is no attempt whatsoever to explain the circumstances and the fact that Jack had passed the ball. Just another big bad Ranger.

I am not even suse why the picture is shown, the story is about Murty being proud of his spell as caretaker.

10 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Looks like I’m in the minority here but although it’s a 50/50 there to be won his studs regardless of the argument are up over that strikers ankle. Abit reckless tbf and I don’t think we’ll win an appeal on that.  If that challenge happened on our player then we’d expect a red to be shown to the opposition.  However I don’t think there’s any intent on jacks behalf as you can see he’s focused on where the ball is going next and not one look at at the other player

It's not a 50/50. It's Jack 2 seconds ahead of may who shits himself. 

48 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

It was no where near a 50/50 it wasn't even a tackle it was a side footed pass. If players are going to plant their foot infront of a pass or shot their going to get injured that's how it goes and it's their own fault.

Was sent off cos of McLeans reaction running straight to the ref.

As others have said he passed the ball and his leg had nowhere to go.

The still photos that will get brandished about make it look worse.

It was a yellow because he did connect with May. Certainly not a red as there was no intent.

5 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Was sent off cos of McLeans reaction running straight to the ref.

As others have said he passed the ball and his leg had nowhere to go.

The still photos that will get brandished about make it look worse.

It was a yellow because he did connect with May. Certainly not a red as there was no intent.

I don't think it was even a yellow; there was no intent. It was a bad connection that Jack made with their player, and I hope he recovers speedily from it, but there is no intent on Jack's part whatsoever.

Dunno if anyone else on here played footy,few I imagine,but when I was playing if a challenge like that was intentional then the other guy wasn't getting back up, we've finally got a midfielder with a bit of backbone so he'll be a target for officials as we're already seeing

If we appeal and this gets rescinded again then surely we have to contact the relevant authorities as it would appear Jack has now been tarnished with a very clear and unfair reputation. To possibly have 3, 75% of your red cards rescinded is completely unheard of. It's nothing short of disgraceful and he should receive, at the very least a personal and public apology.

I don't think Jack is a dirty player. Possibly a tad naive and silly at times but he just seems as honest as the day is long. He is clearly being treated differently to everyone else. 

The club should also make our view public even to make the officials think twice about booking Jack in the future. If there is any doubt a ref should never send anyone off.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

If we appeal and this gets rescinded again then surely we have to contact the relevant authorities as it would appear Jack has now been tarnished with a very clear and unfair reputation. To possibly have 3, 75% of your red cards rescinded is completely unheard of. It's nothing short of disgraceful and he should receive, at the very least a personal and public apology.

I don't think Jack is a dirty player. Possibly a tad naive and silly at times but he just seems as honest as the day is long. He is clearly being treated differently to everyone else. 

The club should also make our view public even to make the officials think twice about booking Jack in the future. If there is any doubt a ref should never send anyone off.

This ^ 100%

Archived