Ryan Jack Red

scottyc06

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bannedfromff said:

Jack isn't meant to put his leg there at all. If making that pass at full speed means he clatters studs first into May he must, as May did, pull back. Honestly, if this was Brown or some other tim thug everyone would be going nuts. It is indefensible, an accident but a red. Let this one go. It's not doing us any favours when we have a genuine case.

It's a tackle first and foremost, not a pass.  If you want to win the ball you go in hard and fast.  Jack gets to the ball first and his foot lands as it would in any tackle.  Unfortunately for May, who was late in to the tackle and who turned partially away, he gets stood on.  Jack doesn't stamp in, it's a straight forward tackle.  There is no after tackle lunge.  It wasn't a studs up tackle.  This isn't Brown, he has nothing to do with this.   If you think it will make any difference to any other case you are deluding yourself.    What I want is for RFC to issue a carefully worded statement.

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

You must be joking, are you honestly trying to equate Jack's challenge to that? I regard myself as one of your greatest fans on here, but come on man, that is far fetched, even for you.

No mate. I've never compared Jack's challenge to that. They were different challenges.

The point is it shows that the direction the foot is in is not always going to tell you everything. If you look at that in isolation it can give you the wrong picture.

Just now, Inigo said:

No mate. I've never compared Jack's challenge to that. They were different challenges.

The point is it shows that the direction the foot is in is not always going to tell you everything. If you look at that in isolation it can give you the wrong picture.

Gazza didn't get the ball, and didn't look as if he intended to either. Jack, from that angle, attempts to play the pass.

7 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Jack's foot is clearly making a pass; the angle above clarifies better than any other film I've seen on here. That he would play a pass with the inside of his foot, so fundamental to any footballer, and attempt to foul an opponent at the same time is laughable.

I think it was just a determined tackle to win the ball to be honest, not sure if it was also intended as a pass but that isn't the point.  It was never a red card.  The Dons player was late to the tackle and that is why he got hurt.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Gazza didn't get the ball, and didn't look as if he intended to either. Jack, from that angle, attempts to play the pass.

Gazza didn't get the ball... that's why I'm not comparing the challenges. The point was re the shape of the foot people talk about.

You look at all angles, I find it naive at worst, blue tinted at best to think he was just trying a pass.

11 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I think it was just a determined tackle to win the ball to be honest, not sure if it was also intended as a pass but that isn't the point.  It was never a red card.  The Dons player was late to the tackle and that is why he got hurt.

The only reason I say that is because Jack plays the ball with the inside of his foot, which is a rather brave way to go for a 50/50. In attempting to play football he is fortunate not to have been injured; if anything, it is a rather skillful way to play that kind of ball. That he collided with his opponent is a regret. but that clip shows more the lack of intent if anything.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It was ever since your story about being on holiday. I couldn't help myself! It took about three weeks to read right enough, but still.

Lol.Which one? Germany?

35 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

From the film above, I'm even more confused by your point. On the one hand you make a good point, and it's something I didn't appreciate before; from that it appears Jack does intend to pass the ball to McCrorie. What I'm confused about is where you believe a foul is made, in that context.

The pass was intended for Cardoso. (It clips May and hits McCrorie on the heels which makes it look like a bad pass. The line of the pass without the deflection and power of the pass would have taken it between May and Rooney to Cardoso.)

It was a commendable attempt by Jack to look like he accidentally crippled May when he 100% deliberately set out to cripple May. The pretend shock on Jack’s face when the red was issued should seal the deal for any doubters. Almost as bad as McInnes “celebrating” their goal.

27 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

It's a tackle first and foremost, not a pass.  If you want to win the ball you go in hard and fast.  Jack gets to the ball first and his foot lands as it would in any tackle.  Unfortunately for May, who was late in to the tackle and who turned partially away, he gets stood on.  Jack doesn't stamp in, it's a straight forward tackle.  There is no after tackle lunge.  It wasn't a studs up tackle.  This isn't Brown, he has nothing to do with this.   If you think it will make any difference to any other case you are deluding yourself.    What I want is for RFC to issue a carefully worded statement.

Agree

By going in at a side on angle with his foot there is def no malice in the tackle.hes went to kick the ball hard but in a safe way

If he deliberatly tried to stamp on him you would go in with your foot straight or turned opposite way.

Obvious to anyone that has played the game but not the sfa

The SFA panel locked themselves into a room until they made a decision. Black smoke was sent up while they didnt know five times... until a majority verdict ruled in favour of Jack losing the appeal and white smoke was seen from the Hampden chapel.

He was onto a hiding to nothing as soon as the card was issued. There was no chance of the SFA rescinding a 3rd card on the trot because that would leave the referees looking like fools who can't make a right decision. This season, up to now, we've seen dodgy penalties, wrongfully issued red cards, red cards not given when they should have, goals not given that should have stood etc. Scottish refs are so inept it amazes me that UEFA and Fifa rate them but the SFA still have to back them.

Archived