Jump to content
scottyc06

Ryan Jack Red

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Ah, right, so you are saying he doesn't intend a pass. But from that angle, his foot looks to be making a pass. Anyone who has played football would recognise that Jack is making a pass with how he plays his foot there.

You ever seen the Gazza challenge?

This is what I mean about naive. That foot shape does not always mean you're trying an innocent wee pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Inigo said:

You ever seen the Gazza challenge?

This is what I mean about naive. That foot shape does not always mean you're trying an innocent wee pass.

The Gazza challenge against Forest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jack verdict has been public for 4 hours but the RFC web site has nothing up.  I hope the club come out with a reasonable statement aimed at the SFA and referees such as Collum, Beaton etc.    I won't hold my breath on that with that useless gutless Robertson at the helm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Turnberry18 said:

The Gazza challenge against Forest?

Yeah. Foot shape was unconventional to say the least.

Anyway, wider point is that I've seen plenty of players go in like that, and it wasn't with the simple intent of playing a pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Sorry I’ve not read whole thread. How many games ban did he get?

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 for cumulative disciplinary issues, is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

That doesn't change a thing.  May is late in to the tackle, turns sideways and comes off second best.    Jack is not looking down at the point of contact with May.   What I would ask is where Jack is meant to put his leg after winning the ball?    It's a sore one but there is absolutely no evidence of deliberate foul play.   Only Jack could tell you if he meant it.    

Jack isn't meant to put his leg there at all. If making that pass at full speed means he clatters studs first into May he must, as May did, pull back. Honestly, if this was Brown or some other tim thug everyone would be going nuts. It is indefensible, an accident but a red. Let this one go. It's not doing us any favours when we have a genuine case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah. Foot shape was unconventional to say the least.

Anyway, wider point is that I've seen plenty of players go in like that, and it wasn't with the simple intent of playing a pass.

You must be joking, are you honestly trying to equate Jack's challenge to that? I regard myself as one of your greatest fans on here, but come on  that is far fetched, even for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

:lol:

Lots of unlikely taigs in this thread thinking it was a definitely a red.  GOAT, KAI, etc, etc. Would never have thunk it.

Have my doubts.  Lady doth protest too much, hundercover agents...:sherlock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack's foot is clearly making a pass; the angle above clarifies better than any other film I've seen on here. That he would play a pass with the inside of his foot, so fundamental to any footballer, and attempt to foul an opponent at the same time is laughable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Is that after the appeal or what I'm just up myself

Yeah man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bannedfromff said:

Jack isn't meant to put his leg there at all. If making that pass at full speed means he clatters studs first into May he must, as May did, pull back. Honestly, if this was Brown or some other tim thug everyone would be going nuts. It is indefensible, an accident but a red. Let this one go. It's not doing us any favours when we have a genuine case.

It's a tackle first and foremost, not a pass.  If you want to win the ball you go in hard and fast.  Jack gets to the ball first and his foot lands as it would in any tackle.  Unfortunately for May, who was late in to the tackle and who turned partially away, he gets stood on.  Jack doesn't stamp in, it's a straight forward tackle.  There is no after tackle lunge.  It wasn't a studs up tackle.  This isn't Brown, he has nothing to do with this.   If you think it will make any difference to any other case you are deluding yourself.    What I want is for RFC to issue a carefully worded statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

You must be joking, are you honestly trying to equate Jack's challenge to that? I regard myself as one of your greatest fans on here, but come on man, that is far fetched, even for you.

No mate. I've never compared Jack's challenge to that. They were different challenges.

The point is it shows that the direction the foot is in is not always going to tell you everything. If you look at that in isolation it can give you the wrong picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Inigo said:

No mate. I've never compared Jack's challenge to that. They were different challenges.

The point is it shows that the direction the foot is in is not always going to tell you everything. If you look at that in isolation it can give you the wrong picture.

Gazza didn't get the ball, and didn't look as if he intended to either. Jack, from that angle, attempts to play the pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Jack's foot is clearly making a pass; the angle above clarifies better than any other film I've seen on here. That he would play a pass with the inside of his foot, so fundamental to any footballer, and attempt to foul an opponent at the same time is laughable.

I think it was just a determined tackle to win the ball to be honest, not sure if it was also intended as a pass but that isn't the point.  It was never a red card.  The Dons player was late to the tackle and that is why he got hurt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Gazza didn't get the ball, and didn't look as if he intended to either. Jack, from that angle, attempts to play the pass.

Gazza didn't get the ball... that's why I'm not comparing the challenges. The point was re the shape of the foot people talk about.

You look at all angles, I find it naive at worst, blue tinted at best to think he was just trying a pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I think it was just a determined tackle to win the ball to be honest, not sure if it was also intended as a pass but that isn't the point.  It was never a red card.  The Dons player was late to the tackle and that is why he got hurt.

 

The only reason I say that is because Jack plays the ball with the inside of his foot, which is a rather brave way to go for a 50/50. In attempting to play football he is fortunate not to have been injured; if anything, it is a rather skillful way to play that kind of ball. That he collided with his opponent is a regret. but that clip shows more the lack of intent if anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I'v got a fan. :love::grouphug:

It was ever since your story about being on holiday. I couldn't help myself! It took about three weeks to read right enough, but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×