Ryan Jack Red

scottyc06

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

:duh: Had it been the other way? Your point about intent has nothing to do with it, you do know that...right.

:headwall:  Use that instead.  Actually use them all as it won't make any difference. 

It wasn't a foul and should not have been a red card.  The other guy arrived late and that is why he got hurt.  Jack is rushing in a full speed to win the ball which he does.  His momentum carries him through and it would have been virtually impossible for him to put his foot anywhere else.  He isn't even looking down at that point.  The only way that would have been a red card is if the ball hadn't been there at all.  

10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

My tuppence worth is that I think it is a red. Mute the vid if you watch it, it's by a sheep.

It isn't just a simple pass. Seen real time it's Jack going into a challenge and trying to be hard in it. The sheep doesn't get there there as quickly, and Jack should adjust to that so that he doesn't follow through onto the man that's no longer there for a 50-50. I think he could have done that and played the ball a different way, so I think it was reckless of him. I don't think he needed to hit straight though the ball like that, or be as hard as he was. It's obvious that if you do in that circumstance you're going to go through the ball and there's a danger of hitting the opponent in a bad way, which is what ended up happening. He should've changed how he was going in for the ball, and I think he had time to do that. 

Put it on mute before you look at it, but this is a good wee compilation of it. This is NOT just a pass or a normal tackle IMO. It's reckless and dangerous. Knows he'll take the man and chooses to go that way so that he does. If he'd done it in a situation where the sheep was doing the same thing then it could've been a 50-50 thing but the sheep wasn't, and for me he had the time to see that.

Mate is that not the same as saying he should  adjust for May being late? It is a pass for Jack and a late tackle for May - he gets himself hurt.  IMO.

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

:headwall:  Use that instead.  Actually use them all as it won't make any difference. 

It wasn't a foul and should not have been a red card.  The other guy arrived late and that is why he got hurt.  Jack is rushing in a full speed to win the ball which he does.  His momentum carries him through and it would have been virtually impossible for him to put his foot anywhere else.  He isn't even looking down at that point.  The only way that would have been a red card is if the ball hadn't been there at all.  

All irrelevant. All that matters is he endangered May. It's really unfortunate circumstances. But that's all that matters. 

Clearly there are divided opinions on this battle but there's no fucking way Ryan should have been given a yellow let alone a red.

Why?

Because this is my 1690 post on the site - so how the fuck could I possibly be wrong!

Case closed!

I’ve watched it a few times now and not looking at it through blue tinted glasses,for me he intention was 100% going for the ball then got the man afterwords but not intentionally!

probably a 50/50 decision for red and we all know if it’s a 50/50 decision it ain’t going in our favour.

collum sprinted over and couldn’t wait to get the red out.

anyways fuck em everyone enjoy there Sunday ??

Just now, markem said:

Mate is that not the same as saying he should  adjust for May being late? It is a pass for Jack and a late tackle for May - he gets himself hurt.  IMO.

Absolutely. You always have to play the game based on where the opponents actually are. If I didn't think he had time to adjust then that's one thing, but for me he had bags of time to adjust so that he didn't follow through the way he did. 

You can't put yourself in a position where you follow through like that these days if it's likely that you're going to follow through onto an opponent.

And btw, it's NOT just a pass for Jack IMO. You can see he's shaped for a challenge, rather than a pass. Also don't see who he was passing to (not that I think it was a pass regardless). 

In F1 it would be described as a racing incident and no action would be taken...the only thing Jack is guilty of if being more committed than May. Agree it looks bad in slow motion and May could have been injured but that does not imply intent on Jack's part. It is a contact sport, he was committed and played the ball. It should not be a red for me but I feel in this case we are hamstrung by the letter of the law. 

When I saw the first replay after it happened I was sure Jack could not help following through and May being late caused the situation and a yellow would have been the right colour of card.

Having watched it now in slow motion and from two different videos it looks as if the red might be correct, but I am far from certain in my own mind about what should have been the given to be honest.

What is so annoying is for me he was having such a good game, following on from his performance on Wed night.    

Harsh I reckon, but can't see it being rescinded. 

I really like Jack, said it before I think when we begin to bring in better players Jack will be one to survive from this group of players and flourish. 

Up until the sending off he was outstanding. I wish he stop getting himself into these positions where the ref is given a decision to make however we've been crying out for years for someone who isn't a shitebag in the middle of the park. Just needs to curve his game slightly which will come with experience. 

If he still played for Aberdeen he would have got away with that challenge. 

7 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

All irrelevant. All that matters is he endangered May. It's really unfortunate circumstances. But that's all that matters. 

He never endangered May, May endangered himself! Ryan Jack passed a ball! The same way he would always pass a ball! 

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

He never endangered May, May endangered himself! Ryan Jack passed a ball! The same way he would always pass a ball! 

Fair enough...I missed that May almost broke his own leg hitting it against Jack's studs. My bad.

19 minutes ago, Inigo said:

The sheep doesn't get there there as quickly, and Jack should adjust to that so that he doesn't follow through onto the man that's no longer there for a 50-50. I think he could have done that and played the ball a different way

You are basically saying that Jack should adjust his timing to let the Aberdeen player get to the ball at the same time so that he doesn't get hurt???

The guy getting hurt was his own fault as he arrived too late and he knows it which is why he turns to the side.  It was unfortunate that he got hurt but it wasn't a foul and wasn't a red card.  Collum was always going to send one of our players off.  I had said that to my wife just a few minutes earlier.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

McCrorie. 

Amazing passing skills to hit the ball more or less straight at May, have it deflect off May to McCrorie as an intentional pass.

I'm being a bit facetious, but if you look closely the ball hits off May to McCrorie. Jack didn't hit it towards McCrorie, it deflected there, not to mention if he's passing to McCrorie he hit it way too hard.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

You are basically saying that Jack should adjust his timing to let the Aberdeen player get to the ball at the same time so that he doesn't get hurt???

The guy getting hurt was his own fault as he arrived too late and he knows it which is why he turns to the side.  It was unfortunate that he got hurt but it wasn't a foul and wasn't a red card.  Collum was always going to send one of our players off.  I had said that to my wife just a few minutes earlier.

No, I'm saying he had time to adjust to actually do something other than follow through onto a guy that was a distance from the ball. To actually be constructive instead of just hitting straight through the ball in the direction of that guy, because that was only ending one way. 

If you arrive late and don't actually make any real challenge you don't deserve to be studded for it. The onus not to injure is always on the person doing the kicking.

Archived