Ryan Jack Red

scottyc06

On 12/3/2017 at 06:46, GOAT said:

HE FUCKING WENT THROUGH HIM STUDS SHOWING AND NEARLY SNAPPED HIS FUCKING ANKLE.  I actually cannae believe anyone thinks otherwise.  Scott brown makes that tackle on jack next old firm game, and gets away with, there would be a fucking uproar and rightly so.  He should be made to apologise in front of that dressing room for nearly costing us a big fucking win. 

FFS, Goat, Ryan made a side footed pass - he didn't make a fucking tackle on May.

Ryan had fuck all intention of contacting his ankle, and he was not reckless in his attempt to pass the ball.

The fact May's nearly snapped his ankle was because the fucking idiot drove his foot towards Ryan's boot when Ryan was making a natural follow through with his pass.

May endangered his own safety. 

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, scottyc06 said:

Clearly not!! 

If May goes into that tackle with any power he would have had Ryan Jacks studs on his leg! 

I earn my livelihood through football and have played the game since I can remember. I’ve done myself many an injury from not shirking out of a tackle. 

It was reckless, buts its the inconstancy, gollums instinctual reaction was to go straight for the red, yet he took the time to avoid a second yellow for a sheep player to blow half time.

Its was an absolute stick on we'd get a player sent off second half.

Makes the 3 points even sweeter

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Boyd and Commons have both played at a higher level than every single person on here combined and believe he could have avoided the follow through.

But what do they know? cunts playing 8 a sides down Suiterhouse on a midweek night have better experience than those two on such an incident...

In this situation Boyd and Commons are wrong. 

They've made their comments and will stick to it. 

Contact sport and shit is gonna happen. 

Jack played the ball. 

My tuppence worth is that I think it is a red. Mute the vid if you watch it, it's by a sheep.

It isn't just a simple pass. Seen real time it's Jack going into a challenge and trying to be hard in it. The sheep doesn't get there there as quickly, and Jack should adjust to that so that he doesn't follow through onto the man that's no longer there for a 50-50. I think he could have done that and played the ball a different way, so I think it was reckless of him. I don't think he needed to hit straight though the ball like that, or be as hard as he was. It's obvious that if you do in that circumstance you're going to go through the ball and there's a danger of hitting the opponent in a bad way, which is what ended up happening. He should've changed how he was going in for the ball, and I think he had time to do that. 

Put it on mute before you look at it, but this is a good wee compilation of it. This is NOT just a pass or a normal tackle IMO. It's reckless and dangerous. Knows he'll take the man and chooses to go that way so that he does. If he'd done it in a situation where the sheep was doing the same thing then it could've been a 50-50 thing but the sheep wasn't, and for me he had the time to see that.

I like reading the differing viewpoints...as long as they're constructive without name-calling.

Opening it up to a wider debate. That's Ryan Jack's fourth red card this season by four different referees (Beaton, Dallas, Muir and Collum).

He has since had two red cards rescinded, but is there something in his game that needs worked on, or has he simply become a marked man for referees?

Today he was brilliant right up to the red card but if the challenge had been from an Aberdeen player I would have been screaming for a red,I hope whoever is manager sits him down and points out all the good stuff he did in the game and asks him if it was really worth throwing away all the good stuff for one wild challenge.

17 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

See I agree with most of that, but may is committed also, jack knows he is there, he knows he's beating him. So why show the studs, why do that twist. It's silly and he only has himself to blame.

Its all in the interpretation I suppose.  To my ageing eyes and taking the whole film sequence of the incident as a whole my view of the position of Jack's foot (and studs) is they are in substance downward facing ie essentially facing towards the turf and not raised upwards in an aggressive or intentional manner.   The way I see it is he passes the ball firmly using the side of his foot with the studs facing down, the foot was off the ground as a natural follow through to making that type of pass (albeit a firm pass) and at pace too as he was coming on to the ball.  It was May arriving late - so late in fact that when his foot / ankle arrived at the scene Jack's follow through was complete and, imo, there was nothing Jack could do about finding May's ankle under his foot.   

I still think the real cause of the incident was May arriving late and putting himself not only in harms way but creating a situation where a fellow player is wrongly dismissed for passing a football in a measured, controlled non-violent way and well before the arrival of May.

It was an accident created by May being late.     

1 hour ago, MasterD said:

He studded a guy in the ankle, regardless of intent or anything else it’s a red card.

If someone done that to our player people would be greeting for a red card.

It’s unfortunate because he was playing well and didn’t mean it but it’s rare you see a player get away with anything like that nowadays.

I wouldn’t be. I’d be questioning why our player pulled out a challenge. May endangered himself.

1 minute ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

I like reading the differing viewpoints...as long as they're constructive without name-calling.

Opening it up to a wider debate. That's Ryan Jack's fourth red card this season by four different referees (Beaton, Dallas, Muir and Collum).

He has since had two red cards rescinded, but is there something in his game that needs worked on, or has he simply become a marked man for referees?

The latter 

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

And again I'll say Jack needs to have a fucking word. He's constantly being in danger of costing us too many things by being involved in things he doesn't need to be.

Let’s have a word and tell him to stop passing the ball! 

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Boyd and Commons have both played at a higher level than every single person on here combined and believe he could have avoided the follow through.

But what do they know? cunts playing 8 a sides down Suiterhouse on a midweek night have better experience than those two on such an incident...

How can he avoid the follow through of a natural pass? 

3 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Let’s have a word and tell him to stop passing the ball! 

Come on mate. That wasn't a mere pass. Look at the video I posted and tell me it's a pass. It simply isn't.

You can see from the first clip how he's shaping his body for a challenge rather than just a pass.

Archived