To be fair to Pedro.

tannerall

It now looks as if the team Pedro built may well have been up to the task.

And I am now certain some players deliberately dropped tools right from the season start, especially against the Luxembourgers. 

Maybe they were dissillusioned, maybe they just wanted a longer holiday, or maybe they just wanted to stick with the old "jobs for the boys only" mentality.

How can these guys look each other in the face, or even look at the fans thinking they should get away with some of our worst results, knowing they were stitching up the manager ?

Quite simply, working their socks off now for the new manager wil be the least I expect.

And if any of them want to repeat their disrespect for this great club they should be given their books as soon as a new manager comes in. 

And if anyone thinks differently just think back to those results we had in the last six months with a team that is now putting in effort to impress with a new manager on the horizon.

Harsh maybe, but think back to those early days of the season. I for one do not want a repeat.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's literally no reason that this team shouldn't be able to play week in week out the way they have in the past couple. 

Unfortunately I half expect us to drop points now against Ross County as we occasionally step it up in bigger games and then it reverts back to utter piss again.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

There's literally no reason that this team shouldn't be able to play week in week out the way they have in the past couple. 

Unfortunately I half expect us to drop points now against Ross County as we occasionally step it up in bigger games and then it reverts back to utter piss again.

Surely now we've got to win three games in a row. 

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We’ve got a new manager bounce to come on Saturday though so it could help us

5 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Just because players were signed under his watch doesn’t mean he signed them.

Agreed, which does make you wonder where the actual management was at the time of our worst ever results. 

So, are we right to blame it 100% on Pedro ?

Are there still unwanted influences in our boardroom or dressing room who would make it difficult for a new manager ?

The next manager will be the third (fourth ?) attempt at solving player/management problems. Will he be allowed freedom to sort it out himself ?

15 minutes ago, tannerall said:

It now looks as if the team Pedro built may well have been up to the task.

And I am now certain some players deliberately dropped tools right from the season start, especially against the Luxembourgers. 

Maybe they were dissillusioned, maybe they just wanted a longer holiday, or maybe they just wanted to stick with the old "jobs for the boys only" mentality.

How can these guys look each other in the face, or even look at the fans thinking they should get away with some of our worst results, knowing they were stitching up the manager ?

Quite simply, working their socks off now for the new manager wil be the least I expect.

And if any of them want to repeat their disrespect for this great club they should be given their books as soon as a new manager comes in. 

And if anyone thinks differently just think back to those results we had in the last six months with a team that is now putting in effort to impress with a new manager on the horizon.

Harsh maybe, but think back to those early days of the season. I for one do not want a repeat.

So to summarise... if the team plays badly, it’s the players’ fault. If the team plays well, the ex-manager gets the credit?

4545CEBB-D3C1-4E74-8BE4-52EC39859BDB.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

So to summarise... if the team plays badly, it’s the players’ fault. If the team plays well, the ex-manager gets the credit?

4545CEBB-D3C1-4E74-8BE4-52EC39859BDB.jpeg

To summarise, if the team plays well it's the managers fault.

If a team is split and out of control, the manager has no chance unless he is backed by the board. .

Remembering back to before the summer, there were stories about how the players were upset at only getting 2 weeks holiday.

It wasn't Pedro's fault, we had to play an early European qualifying and logical for him to shorter the usual summer break to give the team time to prepare.

It certainly seems possible that certain players weren't fully committed and hence the European shock.