December is a big month

GOAT

Now We're not going to win the league, we all know this.  But this season was about getting much closer to the bheggers than last season and make 2nd quite comfortably.  This month apart from a difficult trip to Easter Road we SHOULD BE quite comfortably winning every game up until the piggery.  Ross county at home, Motherwell at home, StJohnstone at home, we should be taking maximum points in those three fixtures.  Kilmarnock away should be another three points.  We probably won't going by how inconsistently shite we can be, but that should be our aim and the harder game being Hibs at Easter road.  At the same time were Rangers we should still be winning that.  Let's hope we have finally turned this corner and can take the points this month because it's a massive month when you look at the bheggers fixtures.  Hibs, hearts and Dundee away and Aberdeen at home before playing us, if they still manage to come out that unbeaten, were in massive trouble, there's every bit of a chance they will go this season unbeaten again sadly.  But I really think this is the month they'll finally get beat.  Some very hard away trips in there and should be a couple of hard home games against us and the sheep.  If we can get to the end of the month within a touching distance of them, it will be quite frankly a brilliant month.  They will still win the league, but we need to cut that gap and show them it's not going to be their own way anymore.  We've got to take something from two fantastic performances against the sheep.  But knowing us we'll drop points against Ross county on Saturday.  Time for our players to stand up and be counted.  It's a massive month.  Even if the bheggers come out unbeaten, if we manage to win most of those games we'll build up a bit of a lead over Hibs and Aberdeen aswell.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Now We're not going to win the league, we all know this.  But this season was about getting much closer to the bheggers than last season and make 2nd quite comfortably.  This month apart from a difficult trip to Easter Road we SHOULD BE quite comfortably winning every game up until the piggery.  Ross county at home, Motherwell at home, StJohnstone at home, we should be taking maximum points in those three fixtures.  Kilmarnock away should be another three points.  We probably won't going by how inconsistently shite we can be, but that should be our aim and the harder game being Hibs at Easter road.  At the same time were Rangers we should still be winning that.  Let's hope we have finally turned this corner and can take the points this month because it's a massive month when you look at the bheggers fixtures.  Hibs, hearts and Dundee away and Aberdeen at home before playing us, if they still manage to come out that unbeaten, were in massive trouble, there's every bit of a chance they will go this season unbeaten again sadly.  But I really think this is the month they'll finally get beat.  Some very hard away trips in there and should be a couple of hard home games against us and the sheep.  If we can get to the end of the month within a touching distance of them, it will be quite frankly a brilliant month.  They will still win the league, but we need to cut that gap and show them it's not going to be their own way anymore.  We've got to take something from two fantastic performances against the sheep.  But knowing us we'll drop points against Ross county on Saturday.  Time for our players to stand up and be counted.  It's a massive month.  Even if the bheggers come out unbeaten, if we manage to win most of those games we'll build up a bit of a lead over Hibs and Aberdeen aswell.

Any chance of editing this and banging in some paragraphs? 

If you can beat the sheep home and away you should be scudding the rest of them. We have new tactics and have comfortably won our last two by putting a shift in which is something we had not done previously.No excuses. However if a new manager comes in and tinkers with our formation I am confident we will drop points.

11 minutes ago, tannerall said:

In Josh  Windass and Kenny Miller up front we trust........

who else would you play and dont say herrara please  certanily morales  if he is fit   i think windass has done ok the last 2 games when he has been played in his correct position and not stuck on the left wing

Hibs away unfortunately will be a toughie given they’ve scored 9 against us in the last 3 league games against our 6. 3-2 defeat after the cup semi 2 years ago then the final then the defeat at ibrox this year.  The spoon burners need a lesson this time round.  It’s a big month but even with a new manager we’ll lose at least once, the attitude just won’t be there at killie or against Ross county

Makes they two defeats even more sickening. For the first time in a long time the OF would actually feel like it has a bit of significance in terms of going to win the league. 

Ideally we win them all but unfortunately I still don’t have that belief in this team. 

Hopefully the new manager bounce continues for the full month. 

15 points from 15 before heading into the piggery should be the bare minimum that's required.

I've always viewed Pittodrie and Tynecastle the hardest away games out with Torbett Towers, we've won both so we should have no problem at Easter Road. 

Then we'll see what the tables like come the morning of the 30th.

As I said a big, big month. We need to win every game between now and parkhead and put these bastards under pressure, see how they react to pressure.  

A big game on Wednesday for us, let's send out a fucking message.  Keep within touching distance of them going into January and then hopefully find some money from somewhere and get some new players in to make us stronger and make some sort of go of this. 

Whats really pissing me off is the Hamilton and Dundee games, we should have buried both of them and actually be sitting top of this league right now.

On 03/12/2017 at 20:23, GOAT said:

:whistle: why cant we?

12 minutes ago, stevemartin1991 said:

:whistle: why cant we?

Here see if we can keep within 5-6 points of them come January 1st.  Anything possible.  But it would require a decent manager and maybe £10-15m.  I don't think that part is possible.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Here see if we can keep within 5-6 points of them come January 1st.  Anything possible.  But it would require a decent manager and maybe £10-15m.  I don't think that part is possible.

we need to take maximum points over the next 4 games, i honestly think as soon as they lose they will start dropping points quite often. they are terrible. its upto us to scrape wins

They have 6 league games in 18 days. if we win all our games until new year we would have defiantly caught them up. And if it wasn't for them to two stupid losses to Dundee and Hamilton we would be top right now. Now there has been a shape given to the team by Murty and our better players are coming back from injury i think we will finish strong. Outside chance for the league. 

17 minutes ago, stevemartin1991 said:

we need to take maximum points over the next 4 games, i honestly think as soon as they lose they will start dropping points quite often. they are terrible. its upto us to scrape wins

They've already started dropping points more regularly than I thought they would. We really could challenge this year if we can get out act together (which we seem to have started to)