Barry Ferguson coming back to Ibrox

Lloyd

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye but it's like that no matter who is mentioned. I've accepted for awhile now that McInnes is the best we're going to get currently with this board and quite a lot of people are still holding out for some top European coach that we're never getting 

I have been happy with Derek coming for a while mate, and IF he does come and wants Barry as part of his backroom staff I would have no problem but I just know it will not go down well with many on RM, hence my reference to that.

Barry was a great player and captain as you know and if he could install a winning mentality as a number 3 then bring it on I say. At the moment it is just paper talk so probably shite anyway. :thumbup:

Captained the most games in europe. Had the privilege of a final. I could go on, but the fact is barry is a winner, and there was titles won on the last day, with one goal difference. 

Thats what Rangers need right now. Do not give him too much, if it makes others happy, but the presence of a legend, die hard fan and champion goes a long way. 

if i had my way id hire goram to stand in the tunnel warning our players not to hug those taig bastards. But im a traditionalist, and believe that in order to have a Rangers environment, that players then attach too, then you need Rangers men in some capacity for them to be influenced. 

Just paper talk I'm thinking. It'll be down to McInnes and he gives little away to the press. Maybe Ferguson or our board have not learned their lesson right enough but if it happens then I'll be happy enough. Think a number three just needs to be enthusiastic and willing to learn. The good thing with it being our own is that we get a shot of them later if they become really good in their own right.

Will also be good because it will put a stop to him writing tub thumping nonsense in the papers :lol:

You know I think it’s the Jock Wallace era guys that think all you need is an indomitable winning mindset and you can will a team into being champions. 

Not only is that not correct, it is also somewhat disrespectful to the abilities of Jock Wallace. 

Barry Ferguson was a great player, a true winner and is obviously died in the wool bluenose.

But he was also a moaning bastard. He berated his team mates instead of encouraging them. He created cliques in the dressing room, he comes from an era of less professionalism, he loves a good leak to the press and he has on occasion let himself and the club down by thinking he is bigger than the badge

There is a very fine line to be found between driving players to a better performance and shrinking them into their shells. And frankly in this day and age where most footballers are millennials,  that line is far harder to stay on the right side of as millenials are such snowflakes.

I have less of an issue with BF than some but I don’t see him as a great addition to the coaching staff. I would much prefer Murty and JJ were developed. 

Having said all that, I would also prefer BF than Docherty. That would be a fucking travesty. 

4 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

You know I think it’s the Jock Wallace era guys that think all you need is an indomitable winning mindset and you can will a team into being champions. 

Not only is that not correct, it is also somewhat disrespectful to the abilities of Jock Wallace. 

Barry Ferguson was a great player, a true winner and is obviously died in the wool bluenose.

But he was also a moaning bastard. He berated his team mates instead of encouraging them. He created cliques in the dressing room, he comes from an era of less professionalism, he loves a good leak to the press and he has on occasion let himself and the club down by thinking he is bigger than the badge

There is a very fine line to be found between driving players to a better performance and shrinking them into their shells. And frankly in this day and age where most footballers are millennials,  that line is far harder to stay on the right side of as millenials are such snowflakes.

I have less of an issue with BF than some but I don’t see him as a great addition to the coaching staff. I would much prefer Murty and JJ were developed. 

Having said all that, I would also prefer BF than Docherty. That would be a fucking travesty. 

Mcinnes will stand by Docherty , they come  as a pair no doubt. Doubt the sheep will offer Docherty the managers job .

The hipsters in our support don't want Rangers men. They want clowns like Warburton and Pedro who only talk a good game about false number 9s, diamonds and fucking Christmas tree formations. We don't need that shite at ibrox. If you sign for Rangers you have the skill and ability to do your job. The rest is being motivated and geared up. That is the part that has been missing.

Think folk need to look by this writes for the Daily Record pish tbh.

After the two previous managerial debacles at least wi Mcinnes and Fergie we’d have two guys at helm who know just how much it’d hurt the fans getting beat off them and if they got 9/10 in a row.