Old scarf

brazz1972

13 hours ago, ZZed said:

My Memory may be wrong but it looks like 1978/79 season, celebrating the 2 trebles under jock 75/76 and 77/78. I think I had one that looked a lot like that but there were loads of them around.

Thats what I thought but  it says Premier League which didnt come into existence until late 90s. So it must be 1999 and 2003 I think for the trebles?

Nice scarf all the same.

2 minutes ago, Bruno's Manbun said:

Can't be. Says 4 times treble winners. Won our 4th treble in 77-78 season, so this was probably released to commemorate the achievement at start of 78-79 season.

That would be my best guess anyway.

sorry cant make out the printing from your pic. If thats what it says then you would be right. Those scarves were popular in the 70s.Cannot remember seeing anything like them for sale in the 80s. Also better quality than the crap that has been on offer since the 80s.

Just now, Young Bob said:

sorry cant make out the printing from your pic. If thats what it says then you would be right. Those scarves were popular in the 70s.Cannot remember seeing anything like them for sale in the 80s. Also better quality than the crap that has been on offer since the 80s.

Would be quality if these made a return, would sell in no time. And what's with the way the young folk wear their scarves these days, with the tiny wee knot? Don't get that.

Just now, Bruno's Manbun said:

Would be quality if these made a return, would sell in no time. And what's with the way the young folk wear their scarves these days, with the tiny wee knot? Don't get that.

If I were in charge of merchandise. Quality pennants and scarves would be top of the list. I would also consult with fans on colouring of kit. DK reckons merchandising isnt what it used to be but I disagree as quality will sell.

5 hours ago, Young Bob said:

Thats what I thought but  it says Premier League which didnt come into existence until late 90s. So it must be 1999 and 2003 I think for the trebles?

Nice scarf all the same.

It's defo older than that as  it's around that time I started going to every game and it wasn't me who bought it. Someone must've gave me it as a kid or something along those lines.