Honest mistakes or something more sinister?

Virtuoso

34 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I think you'll find he definitely isn't.

I would point to the great weather we get for the 12th every year, Scotland remaining in the UK, Ulster being under British rule, Rangers being the most successful club in the world and the banter he allowed to happen on the day of sabbath, a day known now as bloody sunday.

Gods letting them have a bit of a laugh atm before he allows us to fuck them over before 10IAR.

Im an Atheist  

Do you think god sits in a confession booth and waits for a long long line of angels to confess their sins?

Let’s face it, the most enjoyable things in life are a sin, so you’d expect that to continue beyond earth and into heaven.

Well... it’s as plausible as all the other retarded bullshit Kafflicks believe in. :p:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

I don't think there is anything sinister about it, the referee looked reluctant to hand out cards early in the game. He has a split second to make his decision, and the reaction of the Aberdeen player, which was genuine, may have influenced him in that split second. The referee got it wrong, but it looked an honest mistake; we have the benefit of cameras later, but there and then it was debatable.

Which is why he should have asked for his assistant's opinion before whipping out the red.

Might not have changed his decision but the very least he should have done is got a second opinion before what could have been a game changing moment. 

Fuck sake. 

It's football. You win some, you lose some - it's why we love the game.

We've had a particularly poor season in terms of decisions against us, but we've had seasons where decisions go for us.

Blaming referees for performances over a season is what that mob do. 

Anyone who believes it’s a level playing field at the moment is bonkers. We are definitely getting the shitty end of the stick. But there is nothing to do about it except fucking win. 

The scum have taken over as the establishment club and the whole of the game is now heavily weighted in their favour

The lack of rapport they have with players appears to zero. I think a referee should have words with players, and relate with them as well. I have rarely seen a referee have a conversation with a player here. 

For Rangers players they use sign language.

Seems to me a lot of the time a dodgy decision against us coincides with a dodgy one in favour of the tarriers.

Its as if we get they shitty end of the stick in an effort to show there's no 'old firm bias' that wee teams like Aberdeen bleat about all the time. Added to that because as a club we never speak out against these refereeing 'mistakes' nothing will ever be done. Had that been the Lego eater getting sent off instead of Jack (no laughing please), the referee would already have made a grovelling public apology prior to being demoted to the championship until he learned his lesson.

I personally think the standard of refereeing is very poor. One of the things that stands out that the referees in this league don't seem to relate to the players well; they are stand offish, and I see very little dialogue between players and referees here. I think in some  other leagues the players and referees have dialogue at times during matches. I don't see that here, and I think it contributes to games getting out of hand at times. 

Absolutely spot on. This current crop of refs we have are as poor as I can recall. They're either over the hill or manufactured having never played the game at any level. 

Collum is still running about like it's his first season. With his experience he should be stamping whatever personality he has on the game - but no, it's all by the textbook. 

With regards refs integrity - nah, not for me. I'm not going down the taigy line. He called it wrong yesterday but i can understand his error in real time and speed. And only having one quick look at it. However, it will get rescinded, im sure of that. 

57 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Looking at this from afar, there is no doubt in my mind that there is a coordinated agenda against Rangers in Scotland. The fans of other clubs hate us,  the press despise us,  our players are even unwanted by the national team and are abused when they have the temerity to accept a call up, the SFA hates us (just look at their inaction over the 2016 Scottish Cup Final hooliganism) and I suspect even the Scottish ruling political party is equally as hostile as everyone else. So why should referees be any different?

The level of hate in this country is scary. It would never happen in English football and wouldn't be tolerated by officialdom and the mass media if it did emerge. I suspect that as each refereeing injustice occurs the world of Scottish football just pisses itself laughing. 

Cluster fuck of a country.

Bollocks! If that was true McKay-Steven would have had a penalty last week. 

29 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

Which is why he should have asked for his assistant's opinion before whipping out the red.

Might not have changed his decision but the very least he should have done is got a second opinion before what could have been a game changing moment. 

I'm not sure he could have done that because he was very close to the incident, certainly he was closer than they were. I might check later, and you might have a point, but it appeared he was too close for that. 

1 hour ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Looking at this from afar, there is no doubt in my mind that there is a coordinated agenda against Rangers in Scotland. The fans of other clubs hate us,  the press despise us,  our players are even unwanted by the national team and are abused when they have the temerity to accept a call up, the SFA hates us (just look at their inaction over the 2016 Scottish Cup Final hooliganism) and I suspect even the Scottish ruling political party is equally as hostile as everyone else. So why should referees be any different?

The level of hate in this country is scary. It would never happen in English football and wouldn't be tolerated by officialdom and the mass media if it did emerge. I suspect that as each refereeing injustice occurs the world of Scottish football just pisses itself laughing. 

Cluster fuck of a country.

E1966B4A-9857-46CD-9665-5A2FE7CC80EC.gif.c1b3c1ccc6a20f0f6baadc91c72a280f.gif

I'm still in absolute shock at the Anthony Stokes incident a few months ago.  Stokes runs up behind Tavernier and threw about 3 punches in to the back of his head then near enough rips the shirt clean off his back.  The only thing holding Tavernier's shirt on was the elastic around the collar.  If you did that up the city centre on a Friday or Saturday you'd be done for criminal assault.  Can't believe he got a yellow card for it + he stuck the head in to Ryan Jack.

1 hour ago, ZZed said:

Incompetence or corruption Rangers are getting kicked off the park and unfairly punished

This I agree with... 

Regardless of the Ryan Jack incident.

Regardless of the poor standard of refereeing.

This season I have seen us being hacked, sliced and cut down without any free kick given let alone cards. 

We have a wee fenian cunt tying a Taig scarf to our post. Nothing.

Last season we had a player sent off for putting a fist in the air 100 yards from rival fans "inciting a riot".

I have lost track of the unfair punishment.

And what is worse than feeling your team is treated unfairly?

Being told by supposed fans of your own team that you are wrong, paranoid protestant, and that refs do it all the time to the taigs too... (Aye, tell that to Scott Tom Daly Sinclair)

I used to believe that it was down to refs being incompetent etc, but this season has changed my opinion big time, we’re gettng cheated on a weakly basis, and to those who think that it evens itself out over a season, well we can look forward to some seriously good fortune come the second half of the season then. 

18 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I used to believe that it was down to refs being incompetent etc, but this season has changed my opinion big time, we’re gettng cheated on a weakly basis, and to those who think that it evens itself out over a season, well we can look forward to some seriously good fortune come the second half of the season then. 

Exactly. If this is true. I welcome 2018.

Bring on the penalties to us when Fod is fouled in our box.

Bring on the yellow cards to opposition players when their shoelaces come undone during a game.

Bring on the red cards to players when they are playing with bad haircuts.

The above may seem ludicrous and surreal... but some othe things against us this season have seemed that. 

Whilst decisions against us have been horrendous this season, the odd time i’ve watched Sportscene there seemed to be refereeing howlers in just about every game (except those involving them weirdly enough ?). 

The hibs game took the fuckin biscuit . It was the worst refereeing performance i think we’ve probably ever seen, and there have been a lot. 

I seriously can’t wait until UEFA get their fingers out and sanction on the spot tv evidence in games. 

5 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

I personally think the standard of refereeing is very poor. One of the things that stands out that the referees in this league don't seem to relate to the players well; they are stand offish, and I see very little dialogue between players and referees here. I think in some  other leagues the players and referees have dialogue at times during matches. I don't see that here, and I think it contributes to games getting out of hand at times. 

I would agree on this, there was a point on Sunday where Windass was trying to talk to that gimp and he gave him a big look and said 'I'm the referee' before waving Windass away. Small man syndrome that you rarely see from referees on the continent