Jack right back

gsa

Although yesterday was one of his better games, I personally don't think Jack is good enough to be a centre midfielder for us. Added to that is the fact Tavernier gives us pace and energy going forward but is pretty awful defensively. Would Jack plaything right back and Tavernier further forward be the answer? 

Apparently Jack was competent as a right back for Scotland v Holland.

Providing everyone is fit I'd go for this set up- 

Fod

Jack      Alves   Cardoso or Wilson     John

Tav            Holt         Mccrorie       Candieas

Dorrans

Morales 

That to me, looks a solid enough team. Another centre back and perhaps centre midfielder would be ideal but even without them, that's a team capable of putting together a run of wins. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, EMRFC said:

Okay so Jack and Tavernier were both outstanding in both Aberdeen games and now you want to change their positions?

Jack is a poor midfielder and Tavernier can't defend. He evidence for both of those things being true fat outweighs anything they did in two games. Two games. 

He was strolling that midfield yesterday and was my motm until he got sent off.

Mccrorie has done great in the DM role in the last 2 games and given great protection. This has allowed Tav, John and other midfielders the cover needed to attack. He's also helped Jack with the midfield workload and what a difference it has made.

We've lost one goal in 2 games now, from a stunning free kick.

I'd be loathe to change anything tactically.

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Jack is a poor midfielder and Tavernier can't defend. He evidence for both of those things being true fat outweighs anything they did in two games. Two games. 

Jack didn’t misplace a pass the second game against Aberdeen and bullied their midfield

Tav is a right back, I think he’d be quite ineffectual as a winger because he would not get the same space he does as a right back running into space from deep to create chances.

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

Mccrorie would still be playing where he is. The deep centre midfielder. Windass is not good enough. 

Windass has been good the last couple of games, although I’d like us to we can’t drop him just because we don’t like him.

Wednesday night was probably the best team performance I can remember in over a year, maybe even a better team performance than we had at the beginning of Warburtons time here, it suits the players and shouldn't be changed

If Murty is still in charge vs Ross Cty he'd be daft to change it and would be rightly criticised if he did

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Tav Jack and Windass all getting it despite being some of our best players yesterday ?

They're hardly "getting" it. Jack is a very average player and Tav can't defend, regardless of the last two games. 

This forum is incredible. The consensus seems to be that "everything is amazing"  because we won twice against Aberdeen. Look where we are in the league. Lookat our results this season. 

Tav will have more defending to do away at Hibs and celtic and Jack will be playing against tougher opponents in the middle of the park. 

9 minutes ago, gsa said:

Jack ran the game yesterday 

Just now, bluenoz said:

If you had posted that before the two Aberdeen games, it would have been a pretty good shout but tougher to change when things are good

Tougher games to come away at Hibs and celtic. 

Jack is not "a very average player".  He's growing into the shirt and I see the type of footballer we've not had since Ferguson.  Bossed the last two games, and has been very decent before then too.  Very comfortable and assured in possession and rarely gives the ball away, and as players lift their game around him, Jack will become a fulcrum.  He's always available for a pass and is comfortable taking the ball in any situation...exactly what we've been needing.  Jack will become a massive player for us and a future captain....and doesn't have the pace to be a right back anyway.

Tavernier is in his best position, and get's unfairly criticised.