Youth training facilities (RFFF)

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1941169/Rangers-new-training-complex-auchenhowie-stand-fans-youngsters/

PARK LIFE 

Rangers get the go-ahead to build new training complex for youth players at Auchenhowie which will include a stand for fans to watch Gers starlets

The club submitted an application to East Dunbartonshire Council earlier this year and it has now been granted by planning officials

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, RDFM said:

See tbh this seems pretty pointless.

Why not spend it on improving the actual facilities instead of just adding a wee stand next to the pitch? 

It' not just a stand, it' the facilities within the stand, additional changing reas etc.

The changing areas are vital due to kids groups needing to be separated & not enough changing rooms to allow this.

Just now, Ace said:

It' not just a stand, it' the facilities within the stand, additional changing reas etc.

The changing areas are vital due to kids groups needing to be separated & not enough changing rooms to allow this.

Yeah I get that, why not do all that and then spend the money that would've been spend on the stand itself on something useful. 

10 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Yeah I get that, why not do all that and then spend the money that would've been spend on the stand itself on something useful. 

It saves the club costs in renting additional facilities for games/using Ibrox. 

It also minimises travel for “home” games - last season the U20s used Stirling Albion’s ground and the year before it was Dumbarton. 

It provides permanent changing facilities for certain age groups who currently have to share facilities within Auchenhowie. 

It also provides an opportunity to monetise it in the future.

I’m not really sure what part isn’t ‘useful’

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It saves the club costs in renting additional facilities for games/using Ibrox. 

It also minimises travel for “home” games - last season the U20s used Stirling Albion’s ground and the year before it was Dumbarton. 

It provides permanent changing facilities for certain age groups who currently have to share facilities within Auchenhowie. 

It also provides an opportunity to monetise it in the future.

I’m not really sure what part isn’t ‘useful’

Is the stand really big enough to constitute playing games there? How much can it really be monetised too? The changing rooms thing I already said should be done anyway so no issues with that. 

2 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Is the stand really big enough to constitute playing games there? How much can it really be monetised too? The changing rooms thing I already said should be done anyway so no issues with that. 

I'd say so or they wouldn't be doing it. can only be a good thing. Would look 10x more professional to have a stand built for the youths. 

1 minute ago, RDFM said:

Yes. Last season there was around 150-200 people attended every almost home game for the 20s with it increasing for bigger ones. Even the “closed door” OF games at Auchenhowie had around 200 there. Whether they were scouts, parents, fans, media or something else, it can be a pisser being stood there in the driving rain without the slightest bit of cover from the elements.

It will also make analysis of games a little easier as it’ll mean they can take that stupid scaffold that they use to film from down and and use multiple cameras without them being exposed. 

37 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

Not happy at all with this, no trans change rooms or toilets in the plans. 

The Mantovanis don't get there own changing rooms mate, do keep up. All changing rooms and toilets will be non gender specific excatly like any new schools that are built as well as sports and changing facilities. They no longer put showers in school sports facilities for this reason but more so that any budding Jim Torbetts don't get the opportunity to fiddle with the users.