Youth training facilities (RFFF)

1 hour ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I'm happy with this for 2 reason

Firstly, it gives us more facilities for youth development and secondly because it uses up the money and gives the pessimistic fans one less thing to constantly complain about.

They’re still miserable bastards tbf 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Sickening that it's been put to use to improve facilities for the club's young players?

What would you have preferred it was spent on?

8 minutes ago, Ace said:

An extreme reaction to what is a positive move by the club, can you explain why?

The club could poll the fans (even just the ST email list) with a list of good causes and it could be divided up or the highest voted for charity gets the lot.

Any issues with that?

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Thanks. 

Seems on the low side. If you're going to build it i'd say 500 odd seats would be reasonable. Surely wouldn't cost a great deal more. 

Looking at the plans and where the stand seems to be positioned it could've definitely been a bit bigger

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

The club could poll the fans (even just the email ST list) with a list of good causes and it could be divided up or the highest voted for charity gets the lot.

Any issues with that?

Having contributed to the fund I would rather see my money invested in the club.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Looking at the plans and where the stand seems to be positioned it could've definitely been a bit bigger

I think the stand at West Rugby, just around the corner, holds 400-500 and it certainly isn't massive. Something along those lines would've been better in my opinion. At least give yourself the option of more people waching the games should the demand increase. 

2 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

The club could poll the fans (even just the email ST list) with a list of good causes and it could be divided up or the highest voted for charity gets the lot.

Any issues with that?

Not at all. Hardly find it "sickening" that it's being used to provide improved facilities for young players though.

1 minute ago, gsa said:

I think the stand at West Rugby, just around the corner, holds 400-500 and it certainly isn't massive. Something along those lines would've been better in my opinion. At least give yourself the option of more people waching the games should the demand increase. 

Given the layout around the pitch there's plenty room to stand if it hits capacity or even extend in necessary.

7 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

The club could poll the fans (even just the ST email list) with a list of good causes and it could be divided up or the highest voted for charity gets the lot.

Any issues with that?

4 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Having contributed to the fund I would rather see my money invested in the club.

That says more about you than me to be honest, but expected :sarcasm:

Just now, The Dude said:

Out of curiosity, what would you have spent it on?

That’s a good question and now the threat of title stripping is gone it’s not so easy to answer 

what I’d like to do with it in an ideal world (and I’ll get slagged or moaned at here) is we paid our footballing debts as part of 5 way agreement but that creditors list the smaller, genuine, legitimate businesses we owed (and not the ones the tarriers lies about) I’d use the 500k to weigh all them in 

not popular but morally correct - when Green raised 24 million with the first share issue I wanted to take a million or so from that to do it too 

Just now, K.A.I said:

That’s a good question and now the threat of title stripping is gone it’s not so easy to answer 

what I’d like to do with it in an ideal world (and I’ll get slagged or moaned at here) is we paid our footballing debts as part of 5 way agreement but that creditors list the smaller, genuine, legitimate businesses we owed (and not the ones the tarriers lies about) I’d use the 500k to weigh all them in 

not popular but morally correct - when Green raised 24 million with the first share issue I wanted to take a million or so from that to do it too 

Didn't many of the smaller creditors get repaid (despite still technically appearing as creditors) in the weeks and months after everything after fans chipped in to meet many of them? Something rings a bell with it.

What may be worth doing is looking at it again when theirs finally a proper payout and there's an idea of who got what and how much they missed out on - and then finding a way to fill the shortfall.

Just now, The Dude said:

Didn't many of the smaller creditors get repaid (despite still technically appearing as creditors) in the weeks and months after everything after fans chipped in to meet many of them? Something rings a bell with it.

What may be worth doing is looking at it again when theirs finally a proper payout and there's an idea of who got what and how much they missed out on - and then finding a way to fill the shortfall.

Aye that’s what’s i mean they got payments but nowhere near what they were owed