Youth training facilities (RFFF)

33 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Do you really think it is a useful purpose for the fans' money?   You can't think of anything more suitable?

If I'm being honest, it's not my money so I'm not really bothered what it gets spent on. What do you suggest?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, FSM said:

If I'm being honest, it's not my money so I'm not really bothered what it gets spent on. What do you suggest?

As a club we have far more outstanding issues than the requirement of a small grandstand at Auchenhowie.  The Stadium is in need of a considerable sum to be spent on it.  That has been acknowledged by everyone.  Edmiston House is sitting doing absolutely nothing.   We could turn that into a revenue raising asset.  If it was up to me I'd convert the bottom into the Club shop, middle would be a sports bar/cafe and top deck a club museum.  We have probably the greatest history of any football club and our fan base would turn out to visit the museum.   If you have to go via the shop many would make a purchase.  Stop off at the cafe/bar on the way out.   Bar open for all home games where the club gets the income not local pubs.

I'm actually a bit vague on this...

1. What were the funds raised for?

2. Who is on the Rfff committee and how were they selected?

3. Who suggested the stand / facilities?

4. Who authorised the funds be allocated this way?

5. Are there articles which cover decisions being made re fund expenditure?

6. Were the fund contributors consulted on options for if / when / how it was to be spent?

7. What other options were considered, by whom, and what reasons were there for their being declined or overlooked?

Appreciate if anyone can be arsed enlightening me, if the info is available that is.

45 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

As a club we have far more outstanding issues than the requirement of a small grandstand at Auchenhowie.  The Stadium is in need of a considerable sum to be spent on it.  That has been acknowledged by everyone.  Edmiston House is sitting doing absolutely nothing.   We could turn that into a revenue raising asset.  If it was up to me I'd convert the bottom into the Club shop, middle would be a sports bar/cafe and top deck a club museum.  We have probably the greatest history of any football club and our fan base would turn out to visit the museum.   If you have to go via the shop many would make a purchase.  Stop off at the cafe/bar on the way out.   Bar open for all home games where the club gets the income not local pubs.

I'm fairly sure I read that other options were looked at for the money, including a museum. I don't know the reasons they were not pursued, maybe they required more money than the RFFF had, or just weren't viable for other reasons. Describing it as a 'small grandstand' is a bit facetious, they're building a large seated/covered viewing stand with youth changing and education facilities. Not exactly the worst thing the money could have been spent on, but everyone will have their own opinion I suppose.

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm actually a bit vague on this...

1. What were the funds raised for?

2. Who is on the Rfff committee and how were they selected?

3. Who suggested the stand / facilities?

4. Who authorised the funds be allocated this way?

5. Are there articles which cover decisions being made re fund expenditure?

6. Were the fund contributors consulted on options for if / when / how it was to be spent?

7. What other options were considered, by whom, and what reasons were there for their being declined or overlooked?

Appreciate if anyone can be arsed enlightening me, if the info is available that is.

http://www.rangersfansfightingfund.uk/committee.html

3 hours ago, FSM said:

I'm fairly sure I read that other options were looked at for the money, including a museum. I don't know the reasons they were not pursued, maybe they required more money than the RFFF had, or just weren't viable for other reasons. Describing it as a 'small grandstand' is a bit facetious, they're building a large seated/covered viewing stand with youth changing and education facilities. Not exactly the worst thing the money could have been spent on, but everyone will have their own opinion I suppose.

17th September 2014. 

The RFFF Committee wish to clarify that at no time has the RFFF offered any funds to the Club nor has the Club requested access to the funds of the RFFF.

As the statement clearly stated the disbursement of the funds will be done in consultation with the fans at an appropriate time in the future.

The RFFF Committee

http://www.rangersfansfightingfund.uk/updates.html

15 minutes ago, Frasergillie said:

Could this perhaps be linked to the talk of Rangers and the other lot having B teams entered into the Highland/Lowland Leagues, this would be an alternative venue to be used for home games for the B team.

It’s not linked to it afaik but would  almost certainly provide the club an alternative to renting another ground to use.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

i fail to see how anybody can view upgrading our facilities as anything other than a good thing.

Exactly. The stand aspect of it is just a small part of what it’s going to be. Something that can have benefits to the club for years to come but somehow it’s a bad thing. Absolutely bonkers

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

i fail to see how anybody can view upgrading our facilities as anything other than a good thing.

I don't think it's a bad thing but I think the fans should have been consulted. I know that's the point in having a committee which is to make decisions and no matter what's suggested you'll never get a 100% agreement on it.

I only stuck £150 in it which wasn't a lot with hinsight but I wouldn't have stuck a penny in it at all if I seen who would be in charge of it and the fact it would sit for 5-years doing nothing.

And I'll stress again I'm not against a stand at the training ground at all - I said the other day I'd rather it went on that than sat doing nothing for another 5-years in their hands. 

Everyone seems to be focusing on the stand when it’s the extra changing facilities that is the main point. The stand just appears to be an added extra.

Would have preferred to have seen ED being sorted out but from what esky says it would cost more than what’s in the pot to fix.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't think it's a bad thing but I think the fans should have been consulted. I know that's the point in having a committee which is to make decisions and no matter what's suggested you'll never get a 100% agreement on it.

I only stuck £150 in it which wasn't a lot with hinsight but I wouldn't have stuck a penny in it at all if I seen who would be in charge of it and the fact it would sit for 5-years doing nothing.

And I'll stress again I'm not against a stand at the training ground at all - I said the other day I'd rather it went on that than sat doing nothing for another 5-years in their hands. 

I think its a no brainer myself - and as the dude has pointed out, its more than just a stand - which i think is doing it a disservice. Ive no idea what the consultation process was like to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Everyone seems to be focusing on the stand when it’s the extra changing facilities that is the main point. The stand just appears to be an added extra.

Would have preferred to have seen ED being sorted out but from what esky says it would cost more than what’s in the pot to fix.

The stand is costing more too.

In my old work there was an out-building I took care of that was a little smaller than ED House but not that much. 

It was getting renovated into offices about 3-years ago to let for companies and it had a big asbestos problem - it cost just over 100k to fix and was done in about 4-weeks - I know the cost because I had to process the invoices for it.

The 500k in the fighting fund pot might have sorted the damp and asbestos in a building that size IMO just going on comparing the building I mentioned but I don't think it would have even been explored.

This would have been a better idea as a money-making income for the club, which might have paid for the stand anyway with the profits if we managed things right? 

They could have used the money to cure cancer and still people would find reasons to moan that there was better uses for the money. I think we all know the moans are little to do with what was actually done with the money and more to do with the usual personal petty grievances against the guys who ran the fund.

1 minute ago, FSM said:

They could have used the money to cure cancer and still people would find reasons to moan that there was better uses for the money. I think we all know the moans are little to do with what was actually done with the money and more to do with the usual personal petty grievances against the guys who ran the fund.

I've no time for the majority of folk on that committee I'll admit it but it doesn't matter what the money is spent on, there should have been some sort of consulatation process with the support. That's what they promised in the article Sweetheart posted a few replies back and I'll say again I'm not against a training ground stand - celtic don't have one at Lennoxtown for a start and for all their bravado about them being miles ahead of us in every department we will have a stand at our training ground and our youth's/reserves are competing with the best in Europe while they are playing against Kilmarnock and St Mirren in lovely places like Greenock on Tuesday and Wednesday nights - so that makes me happy we are ahead of them and more forward thinking in that at least.

28 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I've no time for the majority of folk on that committee I'll admit it but it doesn't matter what the money is spent on, there should have been some sort of consulatation process with the support. That's what they promised in the article Sweetheart posted a few replies back and I'll say again I'm not against a training ground stand - celtic don't have one at Lennoxtown for a start and for all their bravado about them being miles ahead of us in every department we will have a stand at our training ground and our youth's/reserves are competing with the best in Europe while they are playing against Kilmarnock and St Mirren in lovely places like Greenock on Tuesday and Wednesday nights - so that makes me happy we are ahead of them and more forward thinking in that at least.

In practical terms though, how could they have done that?

Just now, K.A.I said:

A forum 

a list of options for what it gets spent on and fans get vote 

it was them that said consultation so they must have had an idea?

Who gets a vote? Any fan who decides to register? How do you know they're not tims?

Impossible to try and involve every single Rangers fan in the process, and I don't think there was ever a full and detailed register kept of everyone who donated money to the fund. Maybe they could have tried to work with the club to email season ticket holders, but then what about people who donated money who don't have season tickets?

A decision had to be made, but like all committee decisions some people will be for it and some against.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Send out a questionnaire to all ST holders. 

What about the guys who gave money but are not ST holders? Would they not be a bit cheesed off at not getting a say?

Besides, would the club be allowed to hand over ST holder info to a 3rd party without consent?

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

Not sure anyone thinks its a bad thing per se. But is it the best thing, the right thing, the consensus.....? Maybe not.