Ed House/Marshall/The Louden

K.A.I

16 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Edmiston House is riddled with asbestos & IIRC will cost in the region of £500k to restore into a state it would be accessible. 

Nothing is happening in that building in the near future

Undisturbed asbestos is not an issue, nor is there any exorbitant costs in removing and disposing of it.

Where does the figure of 500k come from, the guy who was looking to take it on a few months back? (he of the Craigellechie Hotel fame) :unsure:

To be honest, if that's the figure involved - I'd be happier with the RFFF funds being used as that would generate direct income, into the club from day one...but only if was a club run venture, not some tie-in with the Louden.

13 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Undisturbed asbestos is not an issue, nor is there any exorbitant costs in removing and disposing of it.

Where does the figure of 500k come from, the guy who was looking to take it on a few months back? (he of the Craigellechie Hotel fame) :unsure:

To be honest, if that's the figure involved - I'd be happier with the RFFF funds being used as that would generate direct income, into the club from day one...but only if was a club run venture, not some tie-in with the Louden.

If at all ever feasible it will be a revenue stream to generate direct income to trough guzzlers and no one else.. Them's the rules.

2 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

It’s floating around the back of my head so somebody must have told me at some point. 

I can’t remember the ins & outs but the inside of the building is fucked. I’d be surprised if it’s ever used again. 

There isn’t anything to do round about Ibrox if you are driving although discredited Charlie Chuckles wanted Edmiston House opened as a pub, coffee shop and the club shop.  The current club shop would be the ticket centre and those bloody cabins binned.  Great vision and badly needed but the board waffled about project 22 which I can’t see happening.  Let’s be frank the area round Ibrox is an utter dump and getting worse not RFC’s fault but still a dump and something needs to happen.  Edmiston House would be a start and show some faith from the board. 

If anyone in the club with a modicum of business acumen had any sense they would take a walk around outside the ground on match days and see where the blue pound was being spent, and work out how to bring it into the club instead.

Walk by the Louden, the fast food gaffs, the bookies.  All heaving.

The money is out there. The Board not working towards how it can be spent on Rangers rather than out with is more evidence of their incompetence / negligence 

The contempt for the club from glesga cellic cooncil is reflected in the surrounding area, the place has been neglected for decades and is now a dump, the Paisley Road is somewhere else, the old joke about Govanhill, don't know whether you are in Bengal or donegal has been superseded for the area with you don't know whether you are in Bengal, donegal or Senegal and a few other 'gals' as well! The brigadoon mhob are running the cooncil now could get worse!

image.jpeg.fd41110309f2f0d1cfce1c49a3e0bd8d.jpeg

On 08/12/2017 at 00:20, Smile said:

The club should have taken up the leases of any businesses sold and plowed any money made into the club years ago.

It’s hard to get hired help to do what Robert Marshall has done at the Loudon, it’s more a labour of love and opening only on match days he won’t be earning as much as people think he is. The way forward for Rangers to cash in is bars inside the stadium foyers or a  decent sized fan zone that is basic plastic pint pots and a man at the tap pouring it with no fancy gimmicks or give away rolls.

On 07/12/2017 at 20:58, K.A.I said:

What’s the latest on this? There was a lot of talk months ago but it’s went quiet? 

I don't know but on the 24 Oct 2017 there was a first gazette notice for a compulsory strike-off of the Ed House CIC

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC520806/filing-history

On 08/12/2017 at 08:32, Courtyard Bear said:

Just another pair of lying chancers out to squeeze every bit of the Blue Pound they can get. 

I would prefer the Club to make more money but where do you draw the line? The Grapes should they be painted with your same brush or any pub that a supporters bus leaves from ? 

Its free trade mate and as I have said Marshall will not be making the amount you think he is. Being in that trade I couldn’t stay open if I opened max 6 days a month, he isn’t doing it for nothing but his % can’t be massive by the time running costs are paid

Rangers are responsible for the Albion and the stadium and its boundaries. The council for the rest. 

The people that live in these areas need to pressure the council for new footpaths, roads, lighting, job's and services. Never in a month of Sunday's are the council especially the current one going to act on behalf of Rangers and its support.

As for generating income, we are so far behind because we never invested in the area when we were cash rich. Now land is being used to hide Ibrox and divert money away from the club and the surrounding area.

If you look past the matchday traders turning a buck, all you see is decay. 

The stadium itself is in disrepair and the envirions around are an eyesore. None of it reflects prosperity.

Lets be clear here, King is doing fuck all to stimulate inward investment either in the club or it's surrounding environs, simply because neither he nor this board have the will, nor the fnances, nor the acumen to do so. There are no mugs out there will to put up money for EH or anything else without this board putting some up first.

Where are the business cases to develop anything associated with us? Of course there are none, simply because they are not part of the short sighted self serving agenda to rip us us off and run us into the ground to the benefit of the few.

We are back to my old diminishing returns model. Infrastructure in neglect, a team not fit for purpose to make a challenge. No manager. If you can't afford a half decent manager and quality players, the just where the fuck do you get the money to even maintain your assets, far less upgrade them and just forget about any new developments.

Sadly, many cannot or refuse to see what is staring them in the face. Are we becoming the footballing equivalent of Govanhill?

We are not in any revival mode, but simply clinging to past glories hoping for a miracle and that is exactly why this board have got us in a vice like grip and don't they just love it. The fans are rendered as impotent, as much as we are treated with contempt.  

Business acumen, health, wealth and prosperity are strangers to our boardroom. Ignore this board at our petil.

On 08/12/2017 at 21:44, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If anyone in the club with a modicum of business acumen had any sense they would take a walk around outside the ground on match days and see where the blue pound was being spent, and work out how to bring it into the club instead.

Walk by the Louden, the fast food gaffs, the bookies.  All heaving.

The money is out there. The Board not working towards how it can be spent on Rangers rather than out with is more evidence of their incompetence / negligence 

Was at the San Siro last weekend. Same size of crowd that we get. Every single outlet outside the ground, be it food or merchandise, is an official inter outlet (there must have been at least twenty) with every penny going to the Club. Food was different class none of your horse meat burgers here. Much more sociable with big crowds outside from 1.00pm all spending. The tiniest bit of investment would offer the Club a big return...

2 hours ago, mearns loyal said:

Was at the San Siro last weekend. Same size of crowd that we get. Every single outlet outside the ground, be it food or merchandise, is an official inter outlet (there must have been at least twenty) with every penny going to the Club. Food was different class none of your horse meat burgers here. Much more sociable with big crowds outside from 1.00pm all spending. The tiniest bit of investment would offer the Club a big return...

This. Just being about the place is what fans want and if they are spending the cash all the better, those that go to the boozer will still go to the boozer! It ain't rocket science !

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

If you look past the matchday traders turning a buck, all you see is decay. 

The stadium itself is in disrepair and the envirions around are an eyesore. None of it reflects prosperity.

Lets be clear here, King is doing fuck all to stimulate inward investment either in the club or it's surrounding environs, simply because neither he nor this board have the will, nor the fnances, nor the acumen to do so. There are no mugs out there will to put up money for EH or anything else without this board putting some up first.

Where are the business cases to develop anything associated with us? Of course there are none, simply because they are not part of the short sighted self serving agenda to rip us us off and run us into the ground to the benefit of the few.

We are back to my old diminishing returns model. Infrastructure in neglect, a team not fit for purpose to make a challenge. No manager. If you can't afford a half decent manager and quality players, the just where the fuck do you get the money to even maintain your assets, far less upgrade them and just forget about any new developments.

Sadly, many cannot or refuse to see what is staring them in the face. Are we becoming the footballing equivalent of Govanhill?

We are not in any revival mode, but simply clinging to past glories hoping for a miracle and that is exactly why this board have got us in a vice like grip and don't they just love it. The fans are rendered as impotent, as much as we are treated with contempt.  

Business acumen, health, wealth and prosperity are strangers to our boardroom. Ignore this board at our petil.

your crusade is delightful on the internet, spouting forth in just about every post about our board - can I ask you what are you intending doing? did you attend the AGM or submit a question? have you arranged anything, spoke with anyone etc... just asking as nothing will get done spouting on the internet.

Can I also say - say we all unite?, a concentrated effort. Boycott tickets, walk outs -  walk ins, protests, media campaigning etc. The objective to remove the board. say that actually happens - what then? as far as I can see there's nobody in the wings! we'd be a tadge up the creek and open to shoddy bus company men again, no?

Different scenario, A COMPLETELY different scenario -  if we had a consortium/sugar daddy with the acumen (business and personality) and wealth to properly build an infrastructure on proper business principles to tap into this massive club - AND King and his merry men were refusing this investment/approach.....then we could go forth, in fact I might even boo like fuck at the front doors myself -  but there's nobody is there! nada, fuck all - the recession has gubbed this kind of investment, we are in the arse end of world football and it's just not attractive to invest in. 

I personally do not think King and his merry men are all happy with the current "soft loan" approach - who would be! and why on earth would they NOT be actively pursuing investment?

16 hours ago, NornIronBear said:

Rangers are responsible for the Albion and the stadium and its boundaries. The council for the rest. 

The people that live in these areas need to pressure the council for new footpaths, roads, lighting, job's and services. Never in a month of Sunday's are the council especially the current one going to act on behalf of Rangers and its support.

As for generating income, we are so far behind because we never invested in the area when we were cash rich. Now land is being used to hide Ibrox and divert money away from the club and the surrounding area.

http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0048/00489258.pdf