19 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Won’t cost the club much money at this point, if we did boycott - they’ve had 44k seats worth of season ticket money, already! 

We should never ever boycott our club it was wrong the last time and would be wrong now. If there is to be a protest then go in after 15 min of a game  on mass as doing it at the end wouldn’t work as the subway posse are well on the march at 75 min. 

I would be against that also. Front door protests work only if tits a vocal protest and not allowed to get out of hand.

10 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Loans for shares is what DK is getting is it no ? Canny really remember how he's phrased it 

Or is it the other way around?

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Had you not already written off this season? I had several weeks ago. I don’t think January is a good time to try and build a team you pay extra for the shite that their current team don’t need or want. If we have any money I’d rather keep it until the summer. Maybe a couple of decent loans to add more depth.

I've pointed out in another thread that had we hired a proper manager presuming he was half decent and we beat both Hamilton and Dundee we'd have been 1 point behind what I see as a distinctly average team albeit they'd have a game in hand. So really if they win that 4 points behind, wrote ourselves off far too early. Whatever happened to No Surrender?

January would've been the right time for a new manager to get a couple of players in and give us a shot in the games against them. I can almost guarantee they would crumble if we were close enough to them in the table, they've had no pressure for years.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Seems to.be a few insinuations there about mentally ability to handle our club 

Correctly so.

47 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I genuinely am at a loss to explain it as well. I’ve got so many questions (hear me out😂). He’s taken Aberdeen as far as he can do surely a new challenge makes sense? When we get ourselves sorted out (if) he’s only ever going to be chasing third, what else can he realistically expect to achieve with Aberdeen? He would have probably doubled his salary overnight or more. He’s a Rangers man, so surely managing the club would have been the ultimate honour. I know they’ve got a new stadium in the pipeline but that’s years away and they train on a fucking cowfield while we have world class facilities at Ibrox and Auchenhowie. Budget although not great would still have been significantly more than at Aberdeen. Chance to manage in champions league if things work out. Sorry if I bored you, like I said im just at a loss. 

It doesn’t make much sense. I found it strange that he turned down Sunderland in the summer. They are a big club in England with a decent squad for the Championship. If he had went and steadied that ship he would have made a name for himself. If Coleman, who I believe would get a Prem job, took on the challenge then why is it not right for McInnes. Maybe the issue is that he thinks his stock is higher than it actually is and a job with a EPL club is just around the corner in his opinion. His best chance of that was West Brom and they had no interest at all in their former captain.

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

It doesn’t make much sense. I found it strange that he turned down Sunderland in the summer. They are a big club in England with a decent squad for the Championship. If he had went and steadied that ship he would have made a name for himself. If Coleman, who I believe would get a Prem job, took on the challenge then why is it not right for McInnes. Maybe the issue is that he thinks his stock is higher than it actually is and a job with a EPL club is just around the corner in his opinion. His best chance of that was West Brom and they had no interest at all in their former captain.

I think he was incredibly sensible to avoid Sunderland, an absolute basket case of a club.

Probably similar to the reason he turned us down.

See if the :taig:s start losing points n we keep winning , yet this fucking board do nothing , :justno:  they are taking our chance to get back where we belong ,straight out our grasp ,n would be handing they bastards the title straight back 

Absolute shocking statement tbh. I didn't want mccines anyway, but that statement reeks. Like a scorned bird 

Fuck it. It's for the best. Move on and get someone of higher calibre 

1 minute ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

See if the :taig:s start losing points n we keep winning , yet this fucking board do nothing , :justno:  they are taking our chance to get back where we belong ,straight out our grasp ,n would be handing they bastards the title straight back 

If we keep winning and the taigs start losing why would you want the board to do anything?

1 minute ago, piperpete said:

We should never ever boycott our club it was wrong the last time and would be wrong now. If there is to be a protest then go in after 15 min of a game  on mass as doing it at the end wouldn’t work as the subway posse are well on the march at 75 min. 

I would be against that also. Front door protests work only if tits a vocal protest and not allowed to get out of hand.

No, it’s a thorny one Pete.

I didn’t before & wouldn’t really want to now, but my point was more that it wouldn’t be starving the club of much cash at this stage, when they’ve had almost 90% of the season’s gate income.

That same reason would probably mean that it wouldn’t bother the folk we’re trying to send a message to, either!🙈

Just now, DariuszAdamczuk said:

I've pointed out in another thread that had we hired a proper manager presuming he was half decent and we beat both Hamilton and Dundee we'd have been 1 point behind what I see as a distinctly average team albeit they'd have a game in hand. So really if they win that 4 points behind, wrote ourselves off far too early. Whatever happened to No Surrender?

January would've been the right time for a new manager to get a couple of players in and give us a shot in the games against them. I can almost guarantee they would crumble if we were close enough to them in the table, they've had no pressure for years.

I get the whole ifs and buts argument of where we could be but the problem is we are so inconsistent. We haven’t won 3 games in a row FFS. You can’t gaurantee that they would crumble but yes it’s a possibility but we don’t have the squad even with a couple of additions needed to go on a run. It may be better in the long run to hold any money back until the summer to start afresh.

6 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Or is it the other way around?

:confused: , Concomitant  

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

If we keep winning and the taigs start losing why would you want the board to do anything?

Wouldny mind them stumping up some dough to strengthen the squad 

Just now, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

:confused: , Concomitant  

Wouldny mind them stumping up some dough to strengthen the squad 

That’d be nice but won’t happen

4 minutes ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

I think he was incredibly sensible to avoid Sunderland, an absolute basket case of a club.

Probably similar to the reason he turned us down.

Are they any worse than their rivals Newcastle who managed to get Rafa Benitez? Also Coleman had no need to rush into that job so I don’t think it can be as bad as is made out.

I must admit I am a bit disappointed by that statement. I assumed the club had a short list by now and would move onto the next name on the list. It seems they have decided rather to shut down early for Christmas! I am also not sure Aberdeen were quite saying McInnes wasn't ready for bigger clubs. There is a definite sense of bitterness and recrimination in that statement.

9 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Ffs Pete I was just going to post the 'go in after 15 minutes' idea that makes the point but also supports the team from that point on until the end. :thumbup:

Total lack of ambition by the board and writing off this season already! The thing is we are only 4 points behind the tarriers if we win on Saturday. They aren’t the same team as last year. We get someone in now and we can still challenge at least. This is like giving up 100%!!!

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

That’d be nice but won’t happen

Not now ,think we all know that now ,regarding spending in Jan , although ,say that east end mhob lose every game that's in December , n we win all ours , will the board sit on their hands n do nothing , when that could be our best chance in years to win the title 

7 minutes ago, HG5 said:

No, it’s a thorny one Pete.

I didn’t before & wouldn’t really want to now, but my point was more that it wouldn’t be starving the club of much cash at this stage, when they’ve had almost 90% of the season’s gate income.

That same reason would probably mean that it wouldn’t bother the folk we’re trying to send a message to, either!🙈

I think the go in after 15 minutes is a good idea, if it could be organised. :thumbup:

Why arent we interested in frank de boer? I know palace didnt go to well but hes probably the best available, IMO. 

I also dont buy into this 3 year long term nonsense, managers these days move on alot quicker because of the expectations at clubs, so really we are just costing ourselfs money by giving anyone 3 yearsif it doesnt work out, surely a years rolling contract with the additional 2 years if all goes well. 

6 minutes ago, RyanRfc said:

Why arent we interested in frank de boer? I know palace didnt go to well but hes probably the best available, IMO. 

I also dont buy into this 3 year long term nonsense, managers these days move on alot quicker because of the expectations at clubs, so really we are just costing ourselfs money by giving anyone 3 yearsif it doesnt work out, surely a years rolling contract with the additional 2 years if all goes well. 

I don’t think De Boer is the answer. You can’t do total football on our budget. Plus it will be the new manager that wants the 3 year contract as it means a bigger payout if the axe is wielded.

7 minutes ago, RyanRfc said:

He’s got a bit of work to do to repair his CV, after 2 very short term mishaps.

I wouldn’t see us as the club to get him back on track.

Compare his position to when Brenda took over - underperforming, but still top dog.

Not a bad base to build on, from his point of view.

11 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think the go in after 15 minutes is a good idea, if it could be organised. :thumbup:

Would need to be very organised, mate, along with well taken up - otherwise it might look like there’d been a snarl up on the motorway!

I suppose ‘walking out’ doesn’t have to mean leaving the stadium - we could get up in the middle of a half, go out for 5-10 minutes, then come back?

There wouldn’t be room in the concourses for everyone, but I don’t suppose everybody would join in, anyway.

Could the board have been upfront (stop laughing ) with dm ,n told him that new investors would be running the show in the near future ,n that has changed dm's mind , as he could have thought that they would want their own man . Too many ifs  ,buts n maybe's