6 minutes ago, HG5 said:

He’s got a bit of work to do to repair his CV, after 2 very short term mishaps.

I wouldn’t see us as the club to get him back on track.

Compare his position to when Brenda took over - underperforming, but still top dog.

Not a bad base to build on, from his point of view.

Completely agree. While they are on this unbeaten run we are not going to get a big name as they are on a hiding to nothing. Expected to win the league but the odds at the moment are against them. That’s why we prob need to focus on a manager that is looking to take the step up. Someone like a McInnes but with ambition 😉

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

It looks like a lukewarm approach from our board to McInnes was met with a tepid response for him. That statements though....fuck me. Where's the class? wheres the dignity ? Wheres the fucking brains?

They said we endorse his position, seems a mad thing to write.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

They were less than impressed with him, and his response re enforced their impression. I can see what we are trying to say but a 4 year old could have said it better.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Probably shitting it fae milne n the sheep ,that'll be why they stuck that in , Incase milne fancied taking it further 

No matter how many times I read the statement it doesn’t add up 

we endorse Derek’s decision to stay at Aberdeen, he’s not what we need ... literally 2 days after making an approach to make him our manager and a willingness to pay a million comp 

absolute shambles I can’t put in words how much I hate the people in charge of my club. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

we endorse Derek’s decision to stay at Aberdeen, he’s not what we need ... literally 2 days after making an approach to make him our manager and a willingness to pay a million comp 

absolute shambles I can’t put in words how much I hate the people in charge of my club. 

We endorsed it after talking to him. We didn't really want him, he didn't really feel loved. We agreed. 

Fair enough, but to say it the way we did beggers belief

Ha! It's like a social media fight to see who's the biggest cunt! The board got off to a great start. Traynor then came out swinging and now Mcinnes and Jackson are going all in. What a fucking mess!

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It took them six weeks to realise we already had the Masterplan in place with Murty. poor guy will have a breakdown.

They’re basically saying thanks to McInnes for showing them he isn’t up to the job and/or not brave enough.

They then go on to slag Aberdeen and McInnes off by saying he was too scared to come to bigger and more challenging club.

Basically trying to save face. And failing badly.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

We endorsed it after talking to him. We didn't really want him, he didn't really feel loved. We agreed. 

Fair enough, but to say it the way we did beggers belief

But we didn’t get permission to talk to him? In that case Aberdeen could go to town on us for tapping up ?

Its the classic I have got a knockback from an ugly burd and you shout I didn't fancy you anyway.

Traynor and Jackson proxy fight. I'd get traynor so far to fuck from our club it's unreal.

4 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Ha! It's like a social media fight to see who's the biggest cunt! The board got off to a great start. Traynor then came out swinging and now Mcinnes and Jackson are going all in. What a fucking mess!

Screenshot_20171208-001725.thumb.png.0f6f96147b79120b215604ee15ea3915.png

Looking at that front page, seems like Rangers were never offering the money and DM went “well fuck them then”.

I agree with your sentiment but also need to think of his reasons for turning it down. Maybe they did approach him and he took the safe option and didn’t feel he was up to the task. We’ll never know his reasons as he’s always going to say it’s because he wanted to stay at Aberdeen not because of certain issues he had with us. I suppose this allowed us to have our dig and undermine the manager of our competition. I said earlier maybe he thinks he’s destined for bigger things. 

But we didn’t get permission to talk to him? In that case Aberdeen could go to town on us for tapping up ?

We asked, they said no. Mcinnes asked Milne for time to consider it. Then said no.

We have taken the " the guys a shitebag" line in our statement.  He is, but that's been lost in the fallout. We didn't get as far as tapping.

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don’t think we ever had an intention to pay 1m. McInnes probably realised that.

2 hours ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-83/

THERE has been a great deal of media speculation regarding the appointment of a new manager. We assure all supporters that they will be the first to know when we are certain we have someone with the correct qualities required by our club.

The Chairman made it clear at the AGM that the club did not consider there to be an outstanding candidate among those who had applied for the position and the club was therefore considering managers currently under contract. This requires permission from their present clubs.

The position of Rangers manager requires an ability to win football matches and the mentality to cope with the demanding off-pitch environment that goes with being the Rangers manager. This is a critical aspect of our assessment of any candidate during the interview process.

After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position. This was declined. We were subsequently made aware by Aberdeen’s statement that, at this stage in his career, it would be best for him to remain in his current post. We endorse that position because moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk. We continue to consider candidates but will only appoint someone in whom we have full confidence and who feels he is ready for the job.

In the meantime, we have great confidence in Graeme Murty, who will continue as interim manager at least until the end of the year. The manner in which he has approached this task is a credit to himself and the club.

Furfuxxake

Just now, A.T.G said:

I don’t think we ever had an intention to pay 1m. McInnes probably realised that.

I think this is looking most likely hence the doesn’t feel wanted line - would also tie in with what eejay has been saying about he wanted a million quid - probably if I walked away and they sued me the million for breach of contract will yous reimburse me and we’ve said no = don’t feel wanted 

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

In fairness the one thing that stuck in my craw with all this was giving the sheep £1M for him. Is he that good?

Just now, cushynumber said:

In fairness the one thing that stuck in my craw with all this was giving the sheep £1M for him. Is he that good?

No. 

They were wanting £1.5m for Kenny McLean in the summer remember :lol:

3 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

I don't think any of this shit ever got as far as talking about any money , more media crap.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

No he’s not mate

Seriously though fuck McInnes, lock this thread and move on...if he seriously wants to stay with the sheep shaggers who at there VERY best finished 2nd, then fuck him....I’d rather have Murty until the end off the year/season.

Mcinnes will never get the chance to manage a club as big as us, he’s clearly not up for the fight against the nappy rippers.

bullet dodged IMO.