https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-83/

THERE has been a great deal of media speculation regarding the appointment of a new manager. We assure all supporters that they will be the first to know when we are certain we have someone with the correct qualities required by our club.

The Chairman made it clear at the AGM that the club did not consider there to be an outstanding candidate among those who had applied for the position and the club was therefore considering managers currently under contract. This requires permission from their present clubs.

The position of Rangers manager requires an ability to win football matches and the mentality to cope with the demanding off-pitch environment that goes with being the Rangers manager. This is a critical aspect of our assessment of any candidate during the interview process.

After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position. This was declined. We were subsequently made aware by Aberdeen’s statement that, at this stage in his career, it would be best for him to remain in his current post. We endorse that position because moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk. We continue to consider candidates but will only appoint someone in whom we have full confidence and who feels he is ready for the job.

In the meantime, we have great confidence in Graeme Murty, who will continue as interim manager at least until the end of the year. The manner in which he has approached this task is a credit to himself and the club.

Murty till the end of the year then

Hmmmm

Says that no contact there.

Murty till after taigs 

1 minute ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

So are they trying to say that McInnes felt he wasn’t ready or confident enough for the Rangers job?

i feel as if I know even less then I did before clicking the link 

Fuck off , the sheep told us all that before they did.............

I.e we don’t know what we are doing

by the looks of it no investment in January, unless DOF is pulling strings already

Just now, blueballss said:

by the looks of it no investment in January, unless DOF is pulling strings already

And they’ll say the new manager didn’t have time to scope the necessary requirements.

But of course that funds were available 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Seems to.be a few insinuations there about mentally ability to handle our club 

The board should look at their own mentality and how they handle our Club Rfc52 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Seems to.be a few insinuations there about mentally ability to handle our club 

So he's basically shat himself then. 

Seems to me he shat it before talking to us. I said earlier he knows his level 

Well, we’ll soon hear Mcinnes’s side of story as Jackson has the exclusive tomorrow.

That statement is fucking pitiful and has Traynors greasy fingers all over it.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

One thing mate the players seem.to like him. It's the only bonus.

I.hope he's took so.much from the last two games.

We are the best side outwith the nappy rippers. We need to play as we have done and show.the belief. We can go.and take these cunts in their midden.

I hope we do

I get the players seem to like him it’s great, but I feel like were going to blow hot and cold with him. It genuinely wouldn’t surprise me if we draw or loss our home games then beat the two tarriers. 

I honestly hope for that mans sake he gets results. It’s unbelievable the way he’s being treated btw

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

And they’ll say the new manager didn’t have time to scope the necessary requirements.

But of course that funds were available 

we can all see it coming :depressed: