Club Statement

RFCRobertson

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Suppose that all depends on what you see as a decent job down south. 

If he does leave them it'll be League One at best imo. 

He rejected Sunderland as well which would have been recently relegated to championship - I’m not saying he wasn’t right to reject it but I think it shows he’d have championship options.

the point remains - his chances of a good job offer beyond Rangers would be at risk by coming to us more so than staying with Aberdeen.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AlCapone said:

Correct, I just don’t get this arrogance that we are some kind of big club, we are a third rate team from a third rate league 

I agree

it doesnt matter how big a club we are when the club is currently run like a shambles!

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

That's not true mate . He is looking for more money . It was greed

Do you honestly believe that Aberdeen are paying him more money than Sunderland offered or Rangers would have offered.

i think your clutching massively mate!

guan yer sel Graeme. Go and get us three and a row. That is all that matters. I guarantee you DK never kicked a ball in his life. He is  a business man and not a very good one as a football owner it appears. He doesn't even speak like he comes from Castlemilk !! I grew up in Glenacre Terrace. Fuck him ... !!

An absolutely embarrassing statement which lacks any class and would appear to have been written by a petulant child. This board are now on a regular basis bringing shame on our club and are so far out of their depth it's frightening. They have no money, no class and absolutely no idea what they are doing. An utter shambles. 

4 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

so on top of their long list of lies and failings, the board have actually failed to get a manager for Rangers Football Club 

we are the laughing stock of Britain

The whole sorry saga is an absolute riddy. Im at the point where i dont actually give a fuck anymore. 

6 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

He has a point. If someone was going to invest in us they have had plenty of opportunities and not done so. 

Would love to see the back of King, but no one else has come forward. 

Would you invest in a company run by an incompetent fucking liar? They are running us into the ground and we are allowing it to happen. The apathy is astounding.

Just now, Sket said:

Would you invest in a company run by an incompetent fucking liar? They are running us into the ground and we are allowing it to happen. The apathy is astounding.

I wouldn't invest with King. 

If I had the money I'd have stepped in years ago, before he turned up. 

I agree they are running us into the ground. 

Regarding the club statement   Not much  else they can say.  I do believe that McInnes has bottled it he lacks ambition he won’t get a bigger or better club offer in his career  I can guarantee he will never win another trophy at the sheep. My problem is the continuation with Murty to end of year and maybe beyond. That means we will not be signing anyone in January as no player will sign especially on a pre-contract  when there is uncertainty over the management position(most important position at club) so we miss out on Moult McLean Morgan Walker etc...

To be honest I'd say mcinnes is showing more ambition by turning us down. The easy decision would have been to take the job with us, it would predictably not have gone as planned, and then he could swan off into the sunset with a wad of cash. Staying at Aberdeen is if anything more of a risk. He's obviously hoping for a job down south in a season or two.

In the past we'd have been the big step up a manager like mcinnes would be dreaming of. But let's face it we're an utter shambles at present and unfortunately we're nowhere near as attractive a prospect as we used to be. 

The Club Statement is embarrasing and reads like a 15 year old wrote it after being knocked back by a bird for the first time "i didn't fancy you anyway".

Its totaly condradicting too and the subtle jibes aimed at Mcinness are as subtle as brick.

What were the board supposed to do when DM bottled it, wish him all the best. I think we dodged another bullet myself.

As to the no signings in window,  did you not listen to the DOF at the Agm we have a strategy from fist team down on players coming to the club,  the manager whoever he is picks the team from available resources. 

DK also said funds are available and with the support of res 11 new investment could come too.

As far as getting rid of the board,  I don't see the queues of people  down Edmiston Drive with blank cheques

hold your nerve, WATP but we have no devine right to instant success I remember the 70s and 80s but we came through, anybody under 40 only remembers the the Murray years and the shit since. 

This is what it was like before then win most lose some 

Archived