Club Statement

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

He's taken the safe option and he's played a blinder from his own perspective. He's now turned down us and Sunderland. Barring a complete collapse, he's virtually unsackable there now.

Looking out for himself and his family, I’ve no problem with that if he’s happy for his career to reach the heights of Aberdeen. 

Maybe under a different board he would’ve jumped at the chance of Rangers. 

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He's taken the safe option and he's played a blinder from his own perspective. He's now turned down us and Sunderland. Barring a complete collapse, he's virtually unsackable there now.

Don't know about that to be honest, a defeat tonight and he'll go from McHun to messiah to McHun again within 24 hours.

Sheep currently in my office are half gloating and half raging at Milne. 

Agree it's probably the safest option for him though.

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

My view because they waited 6 weeks. 

Why wait 6 weeks??

Was he not first choice??

Did we ask someone else and they said no??

He can see what’s going on at the club just like us with the revolving door on the managers office and the clueless cunts in Blazers. That would make any manager pause. 

It's an important appointment, not all the board were convinced that another rookie manager was a good thing so there would be meetings to discuss. They correctly took some time to go through the applications. 

If you want to criticise our board they should be getting pelters for being unambitious by even going for a manager who has won fuck all and can demonstrate ZERO ability in winning leagues, cups (aye alright) runs in europe or even challenging for first place regularly.

Derek McInnes openly stated he loves life in Aberdeen as does his family. He is happy being mediocre and shat it from taking on a club the size of Rangers it is actually just as plain and simple as that.

7 minutes ago, SuperTav said:

Don't know about that to be honest, a defeat tonight and he'll go from McHun to messiah to McHun again within 24 hours.

Sheep currently in my office are half gloating and half raging at Milne. 

Agree it's probably the safest option for him though.

Stewart Milne has never cared what Aberdeen fans think. He's not likely to start now.

29 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That doesn't make him a bottle merchant, it makes him sensible. I don't know anyone who would leave a well paid stable job to take on one where you would always be on a shaky nail. You'd need to be fucking mad.

You don't take on any job when there are expectations, but you don't get the tools to do it with. It is clear King is not giving any manager the funding to take on the scum, but the expectation is that they do so. Why should anyone take on the job in those circumstances?

The only one I see that lacks any ambition is King/board and not any manager. 

We are a fucking joke and King is the lead fucking clown.

Did he even speak to anyone at Rangers regarding funding or did i miss something

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Stewart Milne has never cared what Aberdeen fans think. He's not likely to start now.

Very true. A swift Scottish Cup exit in January and the rejection of the new Stadium plans and we'll see how much he cares. 

If only...

I still think the Board had planned for Murty to be in charge until at least the new year, possibly end of season, dependant on results.

But the two losses prior to the sheep, the then pressure put on them with the AGM as well, forced them to make the move for McInnes when they did.

I'm not entirely disappointed in him not being appointed, I've already said i would have been very underwhelmed.

But it's how it was all handled, and the aftermath. Reeks of knee jerk, not professional, arrogant even.

The Board have no one to blame but themselves for the undoubted extra pressure being now put on them. 

1 minute ago, terminator said:

Considering the comments of these last six weeks, refreshing to finally hear from someone who thinks they're ITK ...

:mutley:

I only pass on wee tidbits I hear through my job. If you don't want to believe me then that's up to you.  Although, I'd like to think I've got a pretty decent record of "itk" stuff.

9 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Honest to fuck.

Murty is not a manager. He' a youth coach who' filled in well but he' simply not going to take us anywhere near challenging.

We need a manager in, fucking about with Murty is going to end one way and he doesn' deserve it,

There is a guy named Baldy Pep now at Man City who was a youth coach at Barca and Zidane was the same at Real Madrid prior to becoming manager.

What I see from Murty is a man with great potential. a man growing into the job, a man producing better performances with some cracking results, a man coming back strongly from setbacks, a man that understands the standards required at our great club, a man with more tactical awareness than the previous 3 managers put together,  a man with different game plans, a man determined to succeed, a man respected by the players and media and finally a man most of us like.

If there is no money for a TOP manager - Murty is the man for me as he is going to be a manager at a big club one day.

4 minutes ago, Willie King said:

There is a guy named Baldy Pep now at Man City who was a youth coach at Barca and Zidane was the same at Real Madrid prior to becoming manager.

What I see from Murty is a man with great potential. a man growing into the job, a man producing better performances with some cracking results, a man coming back strongly from setbacks, a man that understands the standards required at our great club, a man with more tactical awareness than the previous 3 managers put together,  a man with different game plans, a man determined to succeed, a man respected by the players and media and finally a man most of us like.

If there is no money for a TOP manager - Murty is the man for me as he is going to be a manager at a big club one day.

Laughable pish. 

23 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Did he even speak to anyone at Rangers regarding funding or did i miss something

The answer is no - but let people think he was in full blown negotiations demanding a unicorn and a zillion dollars with our club because that's easy then to blame us

13 minutes ago, Smile said:

Laughable pish. 

The biggest pish I have seen is from McCoist, Warburton and Pedro who could not run a bath between them.

Who are we going to get that is better than Murty as no current SPL or ex Rangers managers will do better in the current financial climate.

1 minute ago, Willie King said:

The biggest pish I have seen is from McCoist, Warburton and Pedro who could not run a bath between them.

Who are we going to get that is better than Murty as no current SPL or ex Rangers managers will do better in the current financial climate.

Its going to be difficult to get any decent manager to even think about taking the job after that fuck up yesterday.

Just now, Willie King said:

So the best Rangers can get is a Kids coach under this present board says it all really, Watch poor Murty getting slaughtered when this goes wrong i feel sorry for the guy as we can all predict the outcome.

24 minutes ago, Willie King said:

I could manage Real Madrid and Man City and still do well FS!

We're incredibly lucky that our U-20's manager happens to be so composed, professional, and capable. Everyone thought very highly of Unsworth at Everton and when Koeman left things only got worse.

It's pretty remarkable that we've had a guy who's used to coaching youths come in and substantively improve our first team in a matter of weeks. 

Just now, B1872 said:

I could manage Real Madrid and Man City and still do well FS!

The point is that the previous poster stated he was not a manager only an under 20 coach.

If Barca and Real Madrid promote their U20 managers to the first team with success then I am sure we can with Murty

Just now, rangersross said:

We're incredibly lucky that our U-20's manager happens to be so composed, professional, and capable. Everyone thought very highly of Unsworth at Everton and when Koeman left things only got worse.

It's pretty remarkable that we've had a guy who's used to coaching youths come in and substantively improve our first team in a matter of weeks. 

That is exactly what most fans see and there is no reason why he cannot continue in the role permanently.

I would put all my assets on Murty having more success as Rangers manager than any of the 3 previous managers.

Archived