Club Statement

RFCRobertson

2 minutes ago, rangersross said:

We're incredibly lucky that our U-20's manager happens to be so composed, professional, and capable. Everyone thought very highly of Unsworth at Everton and when Koeman left things only got worse.

It's pretty remarkable that we've had a guy who's used to coaching youths come in and substantively improve our first team in a matter of weeks. 

These players will let him down through it what they have done all season.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Willie King said:

That is exactly what most fans see and there is no reason why he cannot continue in the role permanently.

I would put all my assets on Murty having more success as Rangers manager than any of the 3 previous managers.

Murty lost two piss easy games too and one of them at Home to Hamilton so let's no pretend he's a fine manager in the making.

He's a great guy and done superb considering but he's not a Rangers manager.

The same folk saying he deserves it will be the same folk going for his head when we lose another 2 piss easy games under him.

Place is bipolar 

34 minutes ago, Willie King said:

There is a guy named Baldy Pep now at Man City who was a youth coach at Barca and Zidane was the same at Real Madrid prior to becoming manager.

What I see from Murty is a man with great potential. a man growing into the job, a man producing better performances with some cracking results, a man coming back strongly from setbacks, a man that understands the standards required at our great club, a man with more tactical awareness than the previous 3 managers put together,  a man with different game plans, a man determined to succeed, a man respected by the players and media and finally a man most of us like.

If there is no money for a TOP manager - Murty is the man for me as he is going to be a manager at a big club one day.

You are deluded. 

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I only pass on wee tidbits I hear through my job. If you don't want to believe me then that's up to you.  Although, I'd like to think I've got a pretty decent record of "itk" stuff.

It's not that I don't believe your tidbits.

Between yourself, Kenny's neighbour, and the many on here who are INK, it's difficult to know who to believe  - especially, as in the McInnes case, most of the ITK folk end up right tits rather than titbits ;)

The statement really tells you quite a lot. Not about the job but about the board and our projected image as a club thanks to the board and traynor writtting shite like this. Who the fuck would want to work for these guys? They're an absolute farce. I can't believe there's professionals, in very highly paid jobs acting like 8 year olds. Be as wel giving Murty the job now because no one else would be daft enough to take it. Not if they have any self respect. At absolute best we'd get someone trying to make a quick buck in. And we've seen enough of the money grabbers from players in the Lower leagues Ian black et al. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Murty lost two piss easy games too and one of them at Home to Hamilton so let's no pretend he's a fine manager in the making.

The same folk saying he deserves it will be the same folk going for his head when we lose another 2 piss easy games under him.

Place is bipolar 

I agree, but he did change the system for the sheep game showing some understanding. No?

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

I agree, but he did change the system for the sheep game showing some understanding. No?

He also changed the system for Dundee but we got picked off.

2 games against a Aberdeen side who's manager was a bad hair away from joining us isn't changing this. He's not a manager, he' been handed down notes from the stand in the first Aberdeen game which we all saw. He' a great guy who loves the club but that' not enough to be a manager.

If he goes on a winning run and gets us up there then I'll change my mind but I know that don't happen. It's shite on him to be left in this position but the noard have hung him out to dry again. 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Aye right, guaranteed you said. £50 charity bet to Erskine fund if you’re interested?

Not sure I can bring myself to bet against us...maybe this time though.

Call it £20? If it's a draw, we both give a tenner?

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Looking out for himself and his family, I’ve no problem with that if he’s happy for his career to reach the heights of Aberdeen. 

Maybe under a different board he would’ve jumped at the chance of Rangers. 

True...maybe under a different board he wouldn't have got the chance.

He's obviously weighed up this as his chance to manage the club versus the state the club is in.

He rightly or wrongly has decided he would struggle to turn us around given the circumstances.

Its brave and cowardly at the same time IMO. On one hand he has refused his dream job because he might not be able to meet the expectations on the other hand he has been brave enough to refuse it because he realises given the resources on offer no one can probably meet the demanded expectations and was almost guaranteed to fail.

"Concomitant"

Check the chairman's speech from the 2016 AGM around 4' 28" in.

I don't know if it is King himself acting as a smart-ass with a wide vocabulary, or Traynor, as King's scriptwriter, acting as a smart-ass with a wide vocabulary

15 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Place is bipolar 

Fucking spot on. He's already shown that after the Dundee game when he was about to cry in the post match interview

Actually cannot believe we have mongs who are comparing it to Pep at Barca. Actually cannot believe that, have no words to respond

7 hours ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Worst part about all of this is the fact that Murty being in charge for the taigs game has handed celtic the title despite them being absolutely gash as of late, it was supposed to be us with the momentum.

Hardly, he's the first person we've had in charge to take points off them since 2011/12.

12 minutes ago, JC10 said:

This is taig like behaviour. Do not bet against us - just donate THAT £20 to the Erskine fund immediately to redeem yourself. ya walloper

Murty shouldnt have the job. 

Even look at it from his POV. He's got a good job with the under 20s, he's still early in his coaching career and he's already come out to say after being with us he doesn't know if he could go anywhere else. 

Why risk that stable job with the under 20s when if he was to take the permanent role, he could very very easily be sacked after results like Hamilton and Dundee then risk being out the club all together?

Not taking the job at the moment won't risk his opportunity in the future getting the job when he's more experienced and more equipped. 

He's a decent coach at the moment and he has the support from all of the fans after what he's had to put up with in recent times, but from his selfish POV he should wait until he's far more prepared before considering himself for a job like ours. 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

This is taig like behaviour. Do not bet against us - just donate THAT £20 to the Erskine fund immediately to redeem yourself. ya walloper

18 minutes ago, JC10 said:

Agreed. Ridiculous behaviour.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

It's an important appointment, not all the board were convinced that another rookie manager was a good thing so there would be meetings to discuss. They correctly took some time to go through the applications. 

If you want to criticise our board they should be getting pelters for being unambitious by even going for a manager who has won fuck all and can demonstrate ZERO ability in winning leagues, cups (aye alright) runs in europe or even challenging for first place regularly.

Derek McInnes openly stated he loves life in Aberdeen as does his family. He is happy being mediocre and shat it from taking on a club the size of Rangers it is actually just as plain and simple as that.

I didn’t want McInnes for those reasons. 

But at the end of the day I think he simply looked at us, looked at his life at the moment, and thought no not for me. If you think that means he shat it fair enough I don’t agree  

I honestly don’t blame him, we are a basket case of a club at the moment with no end in sight. 

36 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

True...maybe under a different board he wouldn't have got the chance.

He's obviously weighed up this as his chance to manage the club versus the state the club is in.

He rightly or wrongly has decided he would struggle to turn us around given the circumstances.

Its brave and cowardly at the same time IMO. On one hand he has refused his dream job because he might not be able to meet the expectations on the other hand he has been brave enough to refuse it because he realises given the resources on offer no one can probably meet the demanded expectations and was almost guaranteed to fail.

In a nutshell. 

We are a second place team without proper revenue, we know it, he knows it. 

Archived