Club Statement

RFCRobertson

20 minutes ago, dan_ger said:

The club statement is one of the worst I've seen. Whoever penned/instructed it has embarrassed our club and are not fit to represent Rangers. 

It smacks of bitterness. Which suggests there is more to it than everyone is letting on. 

Chris Graham and Jim Traynor - take that as fact.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, dan_ger said:

Only thing I'm wondering is that McInnes could have spilled the beans on being afforded control of signing policy as the reason he wants to stay at Aberdeen; because he gets full control and a good relationship with Milne. 

Essentially he could have told the truth and still looked good in the eyes of sheep fans. 

He said last night after Dundee game he’s a Rangers man that played for the club that was telling its as if he doesn’t want to spend his time running the club down 

10 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It's from the mouth of Brian Reid - Derek's ex Morton & Rangers team mate, best mate and best man at weddings. 

Milne apparently allowed the talks afterall. 

I find it utterly bizarre then that both Rangers and Aberdeen are briefing that it never anywhere near to that. Especially when McInnes was texting Aberdeen directors on Tuesday night telling them he was staying.

Just now, K.A.I said:

He said last night after Dundee game he’s a Rangers man that played for the club that was telling its as if he doesn’t want to spend his time running the club down 

Mcinnes probably still harbours an ambition to be Rangers manager. I'm sure he wished the circumstances were right for him to take the job. He won't be wanting to tell the truth of what's going on so he still has a chance of being the manager in the future. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I find it utterly bizarre then that both Rangers and Aberdeen are briefing that it never anywhere near to that. Especially when McInnes was texting Aberdeen directors on Tuesday night telling them he was staying.

Someone who pm’d me on here (I won’t name him but he’s been posting in this and reading so he can step in if he wants) has pictures of a text from an Aberdeen players wife saying McInnes told them he was away and also the Rangers players were told on Monday McInnes was their new manager 

it is a bizarre situation I agree with you 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Someone who pm’d me on here (I won’t name him but he’s been posting in this and reading so he can step in if he wants) has pictures of a text from an Aberdeen players wife saying McInnes told them he was away and also the Rangers players were told on Monday McInnes was their new manager 

Folk have seen the texts he sent Dave Cormack on Tuesday too saying that he wasn't going anywhere.

The players were told on monday - before we'd even made an official approach - that McInnes was the new manager?

I said this before (when he was linked to us after Ally and prior to Warburton...and then again prior to Pedro) - McInnes won't work under King.

He was originally prepared to bite that (King) bullet - but despite King being in SA 11 months of the year -  there are issues between them which made it a no-go.

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Players were 100% told on Monday morning that McInnes was the new manager.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Folk have seen the texts he sent Dave Cormack on Tuesday too saying that he wasn't going anywhere.

The players were told on monday - before we'd even made an official approach - that McInnes was the new manager?

Approaches were made prior to what we've been told.

27 minutes ago, dan_ger said:

Only thing I'm wondering is that McInnes could have spilled the beans on being afforded control of signing policy as the reason he wants to stay at Aberdeen; because he gets full control and a good relationship with Milne. 

Essentially he could have told the truth and still looked good in the eyes of sheep fans. 

When he admits to talking to Rangers he will cut his throat with the sheep fans 

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

You are 100% correct.

I didn't want to say it on the board myself - but I've PM'd admin and a couple of others earlier about it.

The source is as good as you can get too.

One thing though it wasn't Maryhill it was Mar Hall in Bishopton. 

This is the problem with having a DOF - it's a fucking shambles. 

I was angry when I heard this and got more furious as tonight's went on.

Disgusting bastards running (ruining our club)

Don't let the taig allegations get you down mate - I know you are correct with your information here. 

Some folk in our boardroom need to hang their heads in shame. 

So what is happening at Ibrox now is the same type of scenario that was happening at Newcastle years ago IIRC? 

Their DOF was basically running the entire footballing setup, I can't mind the guy's names was it that Joe Kinnear? 

There was huge uproar about it all at the time. 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Can confirm that 100% as it was me. The Rangers players were told before the first sheep game that McInnes was coming in and it would happen after Sunday. I know of 2 players that were saying it and they are 2 senior players. I pm'd a poster on here telling him everything as it was happening that's why I was shocked when it didn't happen so something has went wrong. 

I think DM has been told by Milne that a euro spot is his target.

DM has then looked at the job and all the shite that comes with it and especially the targeted obsessed hatred from the savcos  and the press and probably thought it wasn’t worth giving up his cushy life up north. His mate livelihood is also in his hands, taig or not.

The above thinking of DM is years and years of the our club’s reputation being chipped away by our haters as our club stoodbye and said nothing.

Our club has become toxic even in the eyes of an ex player.

Most fans would give their all for this club but again the above just shows that a footballers life is completely different from a fan who stands in the terraces.

The board can’t do nothing about DM’s decision but the length of time with no plan b is what I give them criticism for.

We move on, 3 points today Murty with another convincing performance.

3 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

There were talks behind the scenes - of that there's absolutely no doubt - it's par for the course and will likely have been going on before the double-header with them.

There were talks behind the scenes - of that there's absolutely no doubt - it's par for the course and will likely have been going on before the double-header with them.

It astounds me some fail to grasp that. They have taken it as gospel we have had no contact with him at all despite several solid sources confirming the exact same thing.

Journalists often say they could do PR no bother but although they share a lot of skills the two roles are really very different, especially the crisis management side. A tabloid columnist, whose instincts are to try to bluster, spin and entertain, is about as far away from a someone who can soberly de-escalate bad publicity as is possible. Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say you screwed up, or simply just shut the fuck up.

The problem with Traynor is that he isn't half as clever as he thinks he is. Graham is just a buffoon.

Just now, The Godfather said:

It astounds me some fail to grasp that. They have taken it as gospel we have had no contact with him at all despite several solid sources confirming the exact same thing.

I'd be fairly confident is saying there's been no direct contact and will almost certainly have been done through 3rd parties - otherwise we'd be at risk of action for tapping him up. 

Wow actually feel physically sick reading that @K.A.I

We need these cunts out of our football club. McInnes may or may not have been the right choice in any case, but for the board to disrespect him like that with a list of players is absolutely embarrassing. People keep forgetting that he is one of our own. For him to knock us back there must have been severe issues that he couldn’t get over. 

Would be curious to know the Allan and Walker fuck ups too

So let me get this straight:

McInnes agreed to take the job before the first game against them.

McInnes then publicly said he was happy where he was and was staying.

Players were told five days later that McInnes would be the manager and we approached Aberdeen the same night.

Two days after the players were told - and now a full week after he agreed to take the job - we decide to tell him "here's a list of players that WILL be signed whether you like it or not".

Aberdeen and Derek McInnes then publicly lie to cover Rangers arse.

16 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

That's where Rangers unfortunately have to keep schtoom about what happened unofficially (where agreements were made by mcinnes) as it would leave us open to having tapped him (which effectively we did and everyone in football does).

Mcinnes has backed out, as is his right, but he's fucked us over atvthecsane time and should never be considered welcome never mind employed at our club.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'd be fairly confident is saying there's been no direct contact and will almost certainly have been done through 3rd parties - otherwise we'd be at risk of action for tapping him up. 

You don't need direct contact these days. Agents do all the work and given Derek has ties at Rangers it's obvious stuff has been discussed.

Our toxic board have went about this like everything else they try and as usual we look like a Mickey mouse club with everyone pointing and laughing at our sheer incompetancy. 

Good job we never went for an actual big name because that would have been 10 times worse. This is clearly why we needed up with a guy like Pedro, that's all we can attract these days under Dave and co.

So let me get this straight:

McInnes agreed to take the job before the first game against them.

McInnes then publicly said he was happy where he was and was staying.

Players were told five days later that McInnes would be the manager and we approached Aberdeen the same night.

Two days after the players were told - and now a full week after he agreed to take the job - we decide to tell him "here's a list of players that WILL be signed whether you like it or not".

Aberdeen and Derek McInnes then publicly lie to cover Rangers arse.

Yep, as I said, fantasists.

Archived