Club Statement

RFCRobertson

12 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Can confirm that 100% as it was me. The Rangers players were told before the first sheep game that McInnes was coming in and it would happen after Sunday. I know of 2 players that were saying it and they are 2 senior players. I pm'd a poster on here telling him everything as it was happening that's why I was shocked when it didn't happen so something has went wrong. 

And I was that poster and appreciated the info, but obviously did not post it on here at the time. :thumbup:

I also got a PM from another respected poster last week with the same info, I have no doubt this was happening but he had to turn it down at the last minute, and I do not believe it was because he did not want the job or scared to take it on.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So let me get this straight:

McInnes agreed to take the job before the first game against them.

McInnes then publicly said he was happy where he was and was staying.

Players were told five days later that McInnes would be the manager and we approached Aberdeen the same night.

Two days after the players were told - and now a full week after he agreed to take the job - we decide to tell him "here's a list of players that WILL be signed whether you like it or not".

Aberdeen and Derek McInnes then publicly lie to cover Rangers arse.

McInnes hasn’t lied though? As far as I’m aware all he’s said is he didn’t feel wanted and it wasn’t right for him - it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Milne worded the statement accordingly to keep the Aberdeen fans onside - in fact when you seen our statement the Aberdeen one looks more professional which is saying something 

regarding the rest of your post and timelines I really don’t know other than were making the moves official to bring him in after the Pittodrie game on the Monday with the players being told on Monday McInnes is the new manager 

even if you don’t believe the version of events with the list of signing targets or not it’s abundantly clear something went wrong last minute and without a doubt at our end especially when you read our statement 

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So let me get this straight:

McInnes agreed to take the job before the first game against them.

McInnes then publicly said he was happy where he was and was staying.

Players were told five days later that McInnes would be the manager and we approached Aberdeen the same night.

Two days after the players were told - and now a full week after he agreed to take the job - we decide to tell him "here's a list of players that WILL be signed whether you like it or not".

Aberdeen and Derek McInnes then publicly lie to cover Rangers arse.

Yep, it's a bit ridiculous.

As is a list of players we're about to sign. Be lucky if it's one and a loan.

Just now, K.A.I said:

McInnes hasn’t lied though? As far as I’m aware all he’s said is he didn’t feel wanted and it wasn’t right for him - it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Milne worded the statement accordingly to keep the Aberdeen fans onside - in fact when you seen our statement the Aberdeen one looks more professional which is saying something 

regarding the rest of your post and timelines I really don’t know other than were making the moves official to bring him in after the Pittodrie game on the Monday with the players being told on Monday McInnes is the new manager 

even if you believe the version of events with the list of signing targets or not it’s abundantly clear something went wrong last minute and without a doubt at our end especially when you read our statement 

He said he didn't leave because:

"I wasn't prepared to walk away just yet. I am really happy here as everybody knows, and I wasn't prepared to tarnish relationships that I have built over the last wee while.

"Hopefully everything gets settled down. None of this has been of our own doing. Since the official approach was made on Tuesday we quickly got it put to bed."

if he didn't take the job because of transfer targets then that is a barefaced lie. 

1 minute ago, BigDak said:

So is there no mileage in the claims that it was due to the fact we didn’t want his assistant and the rest of his back room team that DM turned us down?

If We were in talks with his people for weeks and he and his assistant missed two days training when we made an approach what do you think?

Had nothing to do with his backroom team ffs. Folk using that to try and take the beamer off our faces and make us fell better. It simply doesn't make sense. 

20 minutes ago, dan_ger said:

It's clear as day he talked to us. Even to the sheep fans. 

It’s clear representatives of McIness and Rangers were talking for weeks, not so sure there was direct contact which will be used as the usual pish line thatno contact was made

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

If We were in talks with his people for weeks and he and his assistant missed two days training when we made an approach what do you think?

Had nothing to do with his backroom team ffs. Folk using that to try and take the beamer off our faces and make us fell better. It simply doesn't make sense. 

Why do so many fall for the PR spin our board plant with their media pals to shift the blame

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

"I wasn't prepared to walk away just yet. I am really happy here as everybody knows, and I wasn't prepared to tarnish relationships that I have built over the last wee while.

"Hopefully everything gets settled down. None of this has been of our own doing. Since the official approach was made on Tuesday we quickly got it put to bed."

if he didn't take the job because of transfer targets then that is a barefaced lie. 

Well, yes it is, but he isn’t going to leave himself on the scrap heap by saying “I was really keen to move but the boards transfer demands were unacceptable”. 

He’d have been chased out of Aberdeen and found himself out a job. 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've seen other quotes attributed to him too but taking that at face value I've said myself that I don't think he was unhappy at Aberdeen. I think he's doing a good job up there and is in a comfort zone ... maybe the reason he wasn't prepared to walk away just yet was because of our current set-up? 

It's all maybe's but depending on what version of events you believe, I don't think that statement goes against/contradicts what's been said IMO>

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'd be fairly confident is saying there's been no direct contact and will almost certainly have been done through 3rd parties - otherwise we'd be at risk of action for tapping him up. 

Fairly confident? Of course that’s whats happened. It happens with every player and manager move and no one gets done for tapping

2 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Why do so many fall for the PR spin our board plant with their media pals to shift the blame

Yup. This lot dont give a single fuck about us or our traditions so why would hiring that guy be a dealbreaker? Come on to fuck.

Dave King is a born liar and crook, he watched us bleed to death as a club but made fuck all move until the price was down and by then it was farbtoo late. Guys a prick 

If this board tell you it's dark outside you can put your mortgage on it being a sunny morning.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It would certainly be odd for the two of them to miss training in order to mull things over if only one of them was offered the job. But it’s not outside the realms of possibility that the assistant (who I understand is a mick) was the one who didn’t want to go and DM didn’t want to leave him. I’m plucking that out my arse, I know, but I cannot get my head around this being such a shambles.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Have you ever heard the saying ‘being diplomatic’

A wee question to anyone that doesn't think the transfer policy story fits ..

Why do you personally think the deal fell through? something has happened and it's certainly not because of the official lines Rangers and Aberdeen have put out because the statements don't add up or come close to matching.

1 minute ago, AlCapone said:

Fairly confident? Of course that’s whats happened. It happens with every player and manager move and no one gets done for tapping

Happens with far from everyone.

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Well, yes it is, but he isn’t going to leave himself on the scrap heap by saying “I was really keen to move but the boards transfer demands were unacceptable”. 

He’d have been chased out of Aberdeen and found himself out a job. 

He doesn't have to say he was really keen on moving etc but could easily have confirmed there were talks but the demands made by Rangers were unreasonable.

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I've seen other quotes attributed to him too but taking that at face value I've said myself that I don't think he was unhappy at Aberdeen. I think he's doing a good job up there and is in a comfort zone ... maybe the reason he wasn't prepared to walk away just yet was because of our current set-up? 

It's all maybe's but depending on what version of events you believe, I don't think that statement goes against/contradicts what's been said IMO>

So you're admitting what you think you know you may not know after all?

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

A wee question to anyone that doesn't think the transfer policy story fits ..

Why do you personally think the deal fell through? something has happened and it's certainly not because of the official lines Rangers and Aberdeen have put out because the statements don't add up or come close to matching.

They kinda do, the sheep one covers the fact that DM was offered the job but decided it wasn’t for him and our one says he was offered the job but turned it down but coz it was too big for him.

Archived