Club Statement

RFCRobertson

It really has been ridiculous how this new board have functioned at football level. It's been farcical but it's becoming so common it's not surprising anymore when we have to bin another one.

In the last 2 years we've had

• Stuart McCall
  • Mark Warburton
  • Graeme Murty
  • Pedro
  • Graeme Murty

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Nobody mentioned double, if it’s true that we offered less than his current Aberdeen contract then the board are even more clueless than I thought. 

I would seriously doubt Rangers would go to the trouble of offering 1 million to buy out his contract only to then offer a lower wage than the club he’s at.

Also no way he is on 750k per year at Aberdeen.

7 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

I would seriously doubt Rangers would go to the trouble of offering 1 million to buy out his contract only to then offer a lower wage than than club he’s at.

Also no way he is on 750k per year at Aberdeen.

£16k a week apparently

We are no more than 3 games away from taking a real challenge to celtic. Admittedly stringing more than 2/3 wins in a row is a struggle for this team but it's hardly the disaster some are painting it considering the funds and the injuries and the lack of any real depth of squad and nae manager.

21 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I was advised by a few sheep fans he is on £16k a week

He got a 50% wage rise when he rejected Sunderland 

If he was on that they'd be desperate for us to pay the wedge needed to take him.

No chance on earth is he on that.

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Nobody mentioned double, if it’s true that we offered less than his current Aberdeen contract then the board are even more clueless than I thought. 

Tenner a week more than the sheep would be fair enough. The guy has no track record. Lets just be thankful he isnt Rangers manager.

1 hour ago, Albertz 78 said:

No way on earth are Aberdeen paying that to DM or anyone else. 

He’s more likely to be on about 4-5k a week tops.

The sheep CEO is sitting on a personal fortune of over 600mil cash, after selling off his IT company.

They also actually make a profit and we don't, so what can we actually afford?

The economics of our business is a train wreck.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The sheep CEO is sitting on a personal fortune of over 600mil cash, after selling off his IT company.

They also actually make a profit and we don't, so what can we actually afford?

The economics of our business is a train wreck.

This how they’re able to afford the stadium plans then? Always wondered as never added up to me.

@K.A.I I appreciate the  info mate but I still can't help but think he has changed his mind because he knows what he has at the sheep its a comfort blanket to him. will he get sacked for finishing 3/4 with them nope. He would of been  under serious pressure if he didn't get Rangers a comfortable 2nd and a good cup run.

I still dont understand why he done it tho being honest. What does he think he can achieve at Aberdeen that will get him noticed from others FFS 

Lennon took the taigs to the last 16 and best he got was a broken Bolton team FFS I dont see how DM betters himself by rejecting us 

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

@K.A.I I appreciate the  info mate but I still can't help but think he has changed his mind because he knows what he has at the sheep its a comfort blanket to him. will he get sacked for finishing 3/4 with them nope. He would of been  under serious pressure if he didn't get Rangers a comfortable 2nd and a good cup run.

I still dont understand why he done it tho being honest. What does he think he can achieve at Aberdeen that will get him noticed from others FFS 

Lennon took the taigs to the last 16 and best he got was a broken Bolton team FFS I dont see how DM betters himself by rejecting us 

You are free to think whatever you want ... I know I trust the words of his best mate (and other snippets from the likes of Derek Ferguson, his mate, on the radio saying he's heard the DOF was the issue) and other things that would tie-in to it.

Each to their own. I heard another version of events last night too from someone inside Rangers that totally contradicts everything and any other theories that's been mentioned but I don't buy that for one minute it's desperate and doesn't make any sense to me - compared to this version of events I'm sticking to. Fuck saying what I heard last night on here after this shambles and some pissy cunts attitudes who's heads will forever be buried in the sand tho :cheers:

22 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

This how they’re able to afford the stadium plans then? Always wondered as never added up to me.

He was previously a Director with them and Listened to him getting interviewed over the close season on Radio Scotland. He says he is not ploughing tons of cash into them and  they will work within their means to a well constructed business plan, but monies would be made available for the right projects. The stadium being part of that. I think he's now the biggest shareholder, whilst Milne remains the Chairman, but he is clearly hands on and in control.  He was waxing lyrical about McInness at the time just after he turned down Sunderland. His new contract and valued he was and that was the first time I had heard about the compo clause in McKiness's contract. They didn't want to lose him and the clause protected the sheep.

Fuck, we can't hire a decent enough manager that we need to protect from losing.

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You are free to think whatever you want ... I know I trust the words of his best mate (and other snippets from the likes of Derek Ferguson, his mate, on the radio saying he's heard the DOF was the issue) and other things that would tie-in to it.

Each to their own. I heard another version of events last night too from someone inside Rangers that totally contradicts everything and any other theories that's been mentioned but I don't buy that for one minute it's desperate and doesn't make any sense to me - compared to this version of events I'm sticking to. Fuck saying what I heard last night on here after this shambles and some pissy cunts attitudes who's heads will forever be buried in the sand tho :cheers:

DOF seems like its causing major issues I wonder if he will be punted if it continues to be a issue. We dont need one if we get top executives in to run the place daily 

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

DOF seems like its causing major issues I wonder if he will be punted if it continues to be a issue. We dont need one if we get top executives in to run the place daily 

By the sounds of it it's done with the clubs will - the people in charge are on side.

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Wrong time.

We are certainly not the force we once were and surrounded with financial instability. Look at those accounts!

He obviously has issues with a DoF and many managers do. 

We haven't exactly enamoured any prospective managers by the dismissals of MW and Pedro and wether they were shit or not, matters not. 

We have King and all his shenanigans and I doubt anyone on this planet would trust him with his MO.

Did King offer him a king's ransome to come? Probably not, knowing King having pissed it away on previous managers and players and I would speculate he is tightening the purse strings and not loosening them.

I dare say it was a difficult decision for McInnes being one of us, but if he indeed smelled the usual conniving shite at some point, he would indeed tell us to gtf, because no one at this club these days can be trusted.

Haven't a clue what he's on at the sheep, but I seriously doubt his new contract is a pittance and he does have the run of the place up there, so in the end, why cut off his nose to spite his face?

We at this time are just not an attractive prospect for managers of note. It maybe arguable just how good McInnes is, but he is one of the better ones in this backwater and where the fuck do we go after him is the million dollar question.

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The DoF was brought in because there is no one on the board with a clue how to assess footballers, Warburton spunked good money on duds, Pedro did the same, they needed someone who can stop a manager wasting cash.

I don’t believe the DoF put McInnes off the job, he may very well have a list of players that he’s identified, I don’t believe they were to be forced on McInnes, I do believe he would have had the final say on who he brought in, I also believe there might be those around the club who are not totally behind the DoF and want to make mischief, they have their opinions just as we do on here.

That’s just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If he was on that they'd be desperate for us to pay the wedge needed to take him.

No chance on earth is he on that.

Went back through my messages - it was £12k p/w - apologies. 

Still massive for The sheep

Archived