That wasn't just 3-points against Ross County

K.A.I

I hate the cringey overly positive posts that pop up for the sake of it/from people riding on a wee crest after a good result but I think this is a wee bit different.

This was a much bigger 3-points than some consider.

1- Obviously the embarrassing not won 3 games in a row in over a year monkey off our back.

2- Went second again after Aberdeen's win away to Dundee last night.

3- Set ourselves up nicely for Easter Road on Wednesday.

4- Morelos back on the score-sheet.

5- Not a good performance by any stretch but like all good teams have to do we dug out a win.

Usually scraping a win against Ross County at Ibrox I'd be the first to say fuck off - riddy - but I think this was different. It was a different game to the Aberdeen double header where we needed to show a lot more mentally.

The diamond formation, however, isn't suitable in all games. It works like against Aberdeen but I feel against Ross County at Ibrox it shows them far too much respect and leaves a big hole in midifeld because of it. I'm not as harsh on Pena as some, but a diamond formation like today makes him look like a bit of a luxury to be honest. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I hate the cringey overly positive posts that pop up for the sake of it/from people riding on a wee crest after a good result but I think this is a wee bit different.

1- Obviously the embarrassing not won 3 games in a row in over a year monkey off our back.

5- Not a good performance by any stretch but like all good teams have to do we dug out a win.

Usually scraping a win against Ross County at Ibrox I'd be the first to say fuck off - riddy - but I think this was different. It was a different game to the Aberdeen double header where we needed to show a lot more mentally.

The diamond formation, however, isn't suitable in all games. It works like against Aberdeen but I feel against Ross County at Ibrox it shows them far too much respect and leaves a big hole in midifeld because of it. I'm not as harsh on Pena as some, but a diamond formation like today makes him look like a bit of a luxury to be honest. 

Totally agree, Its good that GM is changing it during the game when its not working. 

13 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Spot on, mate.

Seen Walters team grind out many a result like todays..

And then they wiped he floor with others. This team has not done that.

Did we rejoice at winning 3 in a row by December in any of Walters spells?

As I said there is winning ugly  and there is winning ugly on a Saturday with a team thats in the CL on a Wednesday.

Yep agree, today felt different. Fed up saying this really, Murty is an intelligent guy who's organisation is based on the rudiments: study the opposition, play to your strengths, adjust as required and (101) understand what is required to get the best out of what you have. He gets my vote. 

Had forgotten what its like to actually believe we'd win based on the manager getting a hold of them at half-time.    

24 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Can also add coming back to win from a goal down. Something we haven't done too often for a good while.

Just now, Billy1984 said:

Can also add coming back to win from a goal down. Something we haven't done too often for a good while.

Yup it's all character even if it's not great on the eye

Also good to meet Sket by chance in the boozer today

6 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

And then they wiped he floor with others. This team has not done that.

Did we rejoice at winning 3 in a row by December in any of Walters spells?

As I said there is winning ugly  and there is winning ugly on a Saturday with a team thats in the CL on a Wednesday.

We are where we are.

Who’s rejoicing? All i said is that we wont win every game playing fantastic football.

Great to be positive mate but let’s not gloss over the fact that was an absolutely awful first half performance. 

I can abide by the fact that players aren’t Rangers fans but as professional footballers to see them swan about like that in the first half, as if it was a kick about, was appalling. 

Fair play to Murty, whatever was said at half time worked but it’s ross county. We should be giving them a lesson. 

If we can play at Ibrox the way we do on the road it'd make life 10x easier for ourselves. 

That first half was beyond diabolical and probably the worst I've seen so far this season. 

But in the end three points is all that matters,bring on the junkie scum on Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We are where we are.

Who’s rejoicing? All i said is that we wont win every game playing fantastic football.

Lots of people are rejoicing

Actually I am rejoicing also but thats because Del and Tony are still shepherds

@K.A.I Great post. Add in the fact that we have managed a win after all the buzz of a new manager coming in, and a strange board statement after it all went Pete Tong. Almost felt like we were just destined to get beat there today. Place didn't have a great buzz about it, but winning with that kind of feeling around the place is huge too. I said in another thread that we just would not be winning that game under the previous few managers.