Candeias

Dado'sMulls

1 hour ago, RowX said:

The worst thing about this team is the inability to put a decent ball into the box.  Apologies but I'm raging, lucky to not lose today.  3 points glosses over a miriad of problems.  No crosses and no one in the box.  Subbing Pena at half time was criminal... 

Candeaias offers nothing.  Lazy tracking back, no final ball.

:lol: :facepalm:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

John, Candeias, and Tavernier, can all cross a ball.  What we need is a target man next to Morelos and that'll give them something to hit.

Hopefully we have Moult in our sights but having no permanent manager in might be an issue......unless the DoF has already picked the signings if the club statement thread has any truth to it.

1 hour ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Candeias looked off the boil today. Its probably the first time i have seen him where he looked uninterested. Candeias, windass and pena just looked as if they would rather be anywhere than on the park 

Yes, but Candeias still came up with a scoring (winning) pass.

Some stats don’t lie.

1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

Sorry to be the pessimist on the thread but I'm afraid I don't rate him, simply a hard working wide man who's crossing is dreadful. Nowhere near the standard we need and will be another who doesn't see a second season with us. 

One of the most erratic players I’ve ever seen.

He put one cross out between the 6 yard & 18 yard line - on HIS side of the goal, under no particular pressure!

Mind you, he’s not short of company, with the likes of Windass, Pena & Miller around him.

Despite that - a scoring pass.

We don’t see enough of those to get sniffy about it!

2 hours ago, Siwel said:

I see a role for him, he’s got enough goals this season from midfield to warrant a place in the side imo and once he gets fully up to speed with the football in this country he will be very good for us imo

He’s got goals from midfield, without doubt.

He’s not done an awful lot of actual midfielding though.

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

Morelos is very good in the air

All I'm suggesting is that having a proper target man next to Morelos could really benefit this team given the amount of balls coming in to the box from wide areas.  Morelos scored a very impressive header earlier on in the season but has gone off the boil in recent weeks.  Someone like Moult in there next to him would give our wide players something to hit and guys like Morelos and Pena would benefit from the knockdowns.  

I seen Declan John put in a couple of balls that were just begging to be put in the net.  I know you said Shinnie was "light years" ahead but I don't agree.  I really like this young fullback we now have and hope we sign him permanently in January.

47 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

All I'm suggesting is that having a proper target man next to Morelos could really benefit this team given the amount of balls coming in to the box from wide areas.  Morelos scored a very impressive header earlier on in the season but has gone off the boil in recent weeks.  Someone like Moult in there next to him would give our wide players something to hit and guys like Morelos and Pena would benefit from the knockdowns.  

I seen Declan John put in a couple of balls that were just begging to be put in the net.  I know you said Shinnie was "light years" ahead but I don't agree.  I really like this young fullback we now have and hope we sign him permanently in January.

He really isn’t a great LB mate. He’s a decent LWB, but he has age on his side. Signing him on a free is a no brainer even if it is as a squad player 

Watched a thing about Ryan Giggs tonight and he was saying he never lifted his head and looked for a man he always just played to an area. From what I hear Candieas wasn’t great today but he does normally put a lot of good balls in but unfortunately we don’t have those players that no where to make the runs to.

Despite what people say he has a very good cross on him, not every cross is gonna hit its target.

His problem is when he comes up against a fullback who he can’t outpace he is completely ineffective, he’s only moderately skillfull so can’t really rely on that to beat his man. He’s ok against the majority of the dross fullbacks I’m Scottish football but against the better ones and in future Opposition fullbacks in European Football he is worthless.

Also he’s nearly 30 so he’s at his peak now he certainly isn’t going to improve at all and as a winger he’s probably gonna start to decline pretty rapidly over the next few years.

1 minute ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Despite what people say he has a very good cross on him, not every cross is gonna hit its target.

His problem is when he comes up against a fullback who he can’t outpace he is completely ineffective, he’s only moderately skillfull so can’t really rely on that to beat his man. He’s ok against the majority of the dross fullbacks I’m Scottish football but against the better ones and in future Opposition fullbacks European Football he is worthless.

Don’t think it’s cause he can’t outpace defenders, he’s fast as fuck, I just don’t think he’s smart enough to beat a defender 

4 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Don’t think it’s cause he can’t outpace defenders, he’s fast as fuck, I just don’t think he’s smart enough to beat a defender 

Personally, I'm sick of wingers trying to beat the same fullback multiple times, I like how Candeias knocks the ball on then crosses without mucking about.  I also like his work ethic.