Candeias

Dado'sMulls

Now has the most assists in the league this season with 6, Tav just behind on 5.

Credit to Pedro where it's due, Candeias has been a very handy player for us. Though he was rotten first half today but he never hid, kept the work rate up and got his reward with the assist for Morelos. Instant impact off the bench last week at Aberdeen too. 

Good business by the club at 700k :tu:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know where to start with this... final ball non existent.  Wouldn't be near a starting xi of a good Rangers team.  How hard can it be to put in a half decent cross.. folds under pressure.  Tries hard, that's all I can give him.  Would have been the one I'd have hooked at half time today. Say no more 

Overall I like him.

He's not great or anything but I think he adds value to us.

Wingers are inconsistent anyway and he's no exception - he's got dig, passion and a decent peg on him.

I still think overall we need a big improvement on guys like Candeias but he's far from the worst I've seen.

Today in the first half in the Govan Front he was getting pelters but I must have been watching a different game as I thought he was firing in decent crosses but there was no cunt in the box? that was the issue

Amazing how differently people can see a game... KAI there was not a single decent cross into the box first half.  Pena would have scored a brace second half if the crosses had come on as they did 2nd 

1 minute ago, RowX said:

Don't know where to start with this... final ball non existent.  Wouldn't be near a starting xi of a good Rangers team.  How hard can it be to put in a half decent cross.. folds under pressure.  Tries hard, that's all I can give him.  Would have been the one I'd have hooked at half time today. Say no more 

Most assists in the league so the "final ball non existent" argument doesn't carry much weight tbh. Like I said, I agree he was poor first half but again he popped up with an assist when it mattered. He's no world beater, far from it, but he's repaying his relatively small transfer free with his contributions. I'll take that.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

First half he produced one of the worst performances I've seen in 45 minutes in a Rangers jersey, thought he was absolutely woeful mate. 

No-one was great including him but I thought I seen 2/3 cracking balls in and Miller/Windass was nowhere to be seen in the box

Just now, Dado'sMulls said:

Most assists in the league so the "final ball non existent" argument doesn't carry much weight tbh. Like I said, I agree he was poor first half but again he popped up with an assist when it mattered. He's no world beater, far from it, but he's repaying his relatively small transfer free with his contributions. I'll take that.

He has played every game with the exception of last week.  Carries plenty of weight.  Use my eyes not stats 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Today in the first half in the Govan Front he was getting pelters but I must have been watching a different game as I thought he was firing in decent crosses but there was no cunt in the box? that was the issue

Aye, with the crowd on his back he still dug in and produced the goods. The Barrie McKay's of this world disappear in those situations, Candeias gets on with it. I like that trait in any Rangers player.

1 minute ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Aye, with the crowd on his back he still dug in and produced the goods. The Barrie McKay's of this world disappear in those situations, Candeias gets on with it. I like that trait in any Rangers player.

That's a good point.

For all I don't think Candies is amazing he's got character. He's not someone that hides ... guys like McKay on the other hand? that boys a wee fanny .. talent wise and on their best days I'd say McKay is better but football doesn't happen that way on paper

He has plenty of effort and gives as much as he can, but could do a lot better. He covers back, great, but then switches off and doesn't follow the man he is covering if he goes inside. Fires in a great cross now and then but too often the keeper easily gathers his crosses, or it passes everyone by. In this present side he has something to offer. If we get back to where we want to be, he won't be anywhere near a starting XI.

Just now, Siwel said:

You can see why he had over 400 crosses in the Turkish league last season, he’s a good asset to have. He’s underrated defensively too.

Is he? I'd say most people think his biggest attribute is his workrate/tracking back.

The worst thing about this team is the inability to put a decent ball into the box.  Apologies but I'm raging, lucky to not lose today.  3 points glosses over a miriad of problems.  No crosses and no one in the box.  Subbing Pena at half time was criminal... 

Candeaias offers nothing.  Lazy tracking back, no final ball.

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Is he? I'd say most people think his biggest attribute is his workrate/tracking back.

Maybe I’ve missed most of those comments but didn’t think it got highlighted enough, I think he allows Tav to play with a lot more freedom.

1 minute ago, RowX said:

The worst thing about this team is the inability to put a decent ball into the box.  Apologies but I'm raging, lucky to not lose today.  3 points glosses over a miriad of problems.  No crosses and no one in the box.  Subbing Pena at half time was criminal... 

Candeaias offers nothing.  Lazy tracking back, no final ball.

:lol: