Candeias

Dado'sMulls

2 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Don’t think it’s cause he can’t outpace defenders, he’s fast as fuck, I just don’t think he’s smart enough to beat a defender 

But it’s a myth that he can’t beat his man he does on many occasions and he uses his pace to do so, it’s only really against fullbacks that are faster than him he struggles (or of course decent defenders).

I do agree though that he’s not the smartest of players or indeed creative but hes literally the only winger we have got which is another massive oversight by Pedro this summer when you consider he froze out Barrie McKay with no replacement in mind.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Personally, I'm sick of wingers trying to beat the same fullback multiple times, I like how Candeias knocks the ball on then crosses without mucking about.  I also like his work ethic. 

You can’t fault his efforts and fair enough to him for that. But he doesn’t do enough, it’s ok crossing the ball right away, but how many times has he beaten a full back this season? 

I think he’s a player, but thinks he’s better than he is, IMO 

1 minute ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

But it’s a myth that he can’t beat his man he does on many occasions and he uses his pace to do so, it’s only really against fullbacks that are faster than him he struggles (or of course decent defenders).

I do agree though that he’s not the smartest of players or indeed creative but hes literally the only winger we have got which is another massive oversight by Pedro this summer when you consider he froze out Barrie McKay with no replacement in mind.

You can’t play him (a touchline winger) and Windass ( who’s better off the striker or through the middle) in a system that suits both. It’s one or the other for me.

1 minute ago, WGOH said:

You can’t play him (a touchline winger) and Windass ( who’s better off the striker or through the middle) in a system that suits both. It’s one or the other for me.

But when we play a formation that requires wingers if Candeias is on one side there is literally no one other than Windass who can play on the other side, maybe Declan John but he is required at fullback.

Again another massive failing of Pedro leaving our creativity reliant upon Josh bloody Windass.

Just now, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

But when we play a formation that requires wingers if Candeias is on one side there is literally no one other than Windass who can play on the other side, maybe Declan John but he is required at fullback.

Again another massive failing of Pedro leaving our creativity reliant upon Josh bloody Windass.

That’s what I mean. 4-4-2 suits Candeias and not Windass, whereas the diamond suits Windass and not Candeias.

5 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Someone on here said he had the highest percentage of successful crosses in the SPFL - Meaning he puts it in and it finds a Rangers player.  If true that's a clear indication that he can cross a ball.  Not to mention, he has the highest number of assists in the SPFL. 

He has played nearly every minute of every game until last week so that stat is close to worthless.  His crossing is terrible more often than not. However, he isn't the only one.  

I know a lot of fans like him but I just dont see it. All I see is a guy with a poor football brain full of bad decisions.

Has great assets like bursts of pace over the short distance and a good engine but overall the quality he provides is not good enough.

I will of course still support him when he wears the shirt but not enough of a goal threat for me. When he is on the ball I never think something is going to happen. 

5 hours ago, RowX said:

He has played nearly every minute of every game until last week so that stat is close to worthless.  His crossing is terrible more often than not. However, he isn't the only one.  

So he's played a lot, contributed a lot and has the stats to back that up? 

Sell the fucker. 

10 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

All I'm suggesting is that having a proper target man next to Morelos could really benefit this team given the amount of balls coming in to the box from wide areas.  Morelos scored a very impressive header earlier on in the season but has gone off the boil in recent weeks.  Someone like Moult in there next to him would give our wide players something to hit and guys like Morelos and Pena would benefit from the knockdowns.  

I seen Declan John put in a couple of balls that were just begging to be put in the net.  I know you said Shinnie was "light years" ahead but I don't agree.  I really like this young fullback we now have and hope we sign him permanently in January.

I like John he’s very young and i think he can improve but Shinnie is a better player. I prefer Shinnie in midfield anyway tbh 

Let's punt this shitebag in January, at it again last night constantly gave the ball away, shites out of tackles, gets rid of the ball as soon as he gets it in case he gets tackled, brings nothing to the team,constantly dives for f all,still can't beat a man, no wonder he's had so many clubs,they find him out after a few games

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

Let's punt this shitebag in January, at it again last night constantly gave the ball away, shites out of tackles, gets rid of the ball as soon as he gets it in case he gets tackled, brings nothing to the team,constantly dives for f all,still can't beat a man, no wonder he's had so many clubs,they find him out after a few games

Absolute drivel! :lol:

He’s been one of our best players this season and sits top of the assist table for the entire league. Not to mention his tracking back has improved Tavernier’s game immensely.

One really poor performance and you want him punted? This place is mental sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Absolute drivel! :lol:

He’s been one of our best players this season and sits top of the assist table for the entire league. Not to mention his tracking back has improved Tavernier’s game immensely.

One really poor performance and you want him punted? This place is mental sometimes.

Tavernier hasn't improved, he's as good as he was at the start/end of last season.

It's not just one really bad game either.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Shitebag lol.

Wonder if they have a ceremony where the shitebag baton is passed solemnly from one to the other.

'Carry it well, Daniel.'

'I shall, Josh.'

He shat it from Tierney.