Ace

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

papering over the cracks

theyre doing the cheapest and easiest and most visible jobs 

The roof? Seems like the most necessary one to me. Probably one of the more costly too, I'd imagine.

8 minutes ago, Inigo said:

The roof? Seems like the most necessary one to me. Probably one of the more costly too, I'd imagine.

It’s 40 years old, has had known leaks and  parts fall off and looks very tired. It’s 100% essential to fix before it gets any worse.

32 minutes ago, Mojo84 said:

It’s 40 years old, has had known leaks and  parts fall off and looks very tired. It’s 100% essential to fix before it gets any worse.

Well yeah, exactly. And people are complaining about not prioritising and doing the cheapest and easiest first as if the roof repairs just aren't happening. :lol:

Looks like the club can't do any small bits of housekeeping alongside the large job, because the large job somehow magically disappears from people's consciousness if the small jobs are being done at the same time. Weird. 

'Don't paint that car park or fix that foyer until the roof is done or people will forget that the roof is being done at the same time and become upset.'

The wife bought 5 bricks in November ,supposed to be put up 1st week in February at latest.Just received the letter today saying they don't know when they wall will be started due to the roof works that's getting done on the Sandy Jardin stand.

4 minutes ago, RFCHTID said:

The wife bought 5 bricks in November ,supposed to be put up 1st week in February at latest.Just received the letter today saying they don't know when they wall will be started due to the roof works that's getting done on the Sandy Jardin stand.

Looks  like they might need to get that big letter "E" at the end of "JARDINE" on the Sandy Jardine Stand logo repainted too.

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

papering over the cracks

theyre doing the cheapest and easiest and most visible jobs 

What about the jobs that aren't visible? Is this like schrodinger's cat where we're both not doing any work and doing work at the same time?

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 20:29, Rfc52 said:

Is it not only 2 year Mate? Or has time really passed that quickly?

52 . You know I like to exaggerate on occasions ;-)

Just noticed I already answered you on that one .

At least I'm consistent . Gave you the same excuse first time :dance:

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Tbf if its from this 3million then it's no exactly a ringing endorsement 

I got told a couple of weeks ago that the work on the roofs won't start till the close season and that the contractors were just looking at the work that would need done over £1million worth they reckon. 

All the hospitality boxes are getting done up also. 

1 minute ago, bordersbear said:

Seems there's always some reason to slag the board. You would think they had nothing better to do.

This is an old thread mate . We love them all now . We are winning on the park .

That is of course what they were counting on

23 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

I got told a couple of weeks ago that the work on the roofs won't start till the close season and that the contractors were just looking at the work that would need done over £1million worth they reckon. 

All the hospitality boxes are getting done up also. 

Hope your right mate . I will believe it when I see it though

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Do all the folk moaning about folk moaning, want to tell us just why the car park needs attention when we have 101 jobs more needing done. 

It was dirty and the paint was faded by the sounds of it.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Do all the folk moaning about folk moaning, want to tell us just why the car park needs attention when we have 101 jobs more needing done. 

As i said several times before CB over the last few months all three stands are being overclad. You want see it when it's finished but it's essential. It's a 7 figure project on this alone. The undersides will get done close season over the next 3-4 years. The yellow GRP is being replaced close season too. Executive boxes are being decorated. Major heating system in the Main Stand. And im now hearing all the toilets are being looked at  

In summary, i'm not sure 101 jobs are being done but jt's a lot and it's running into millions. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

When your charging top dollar for car spaces you need to have the spaces marked out I would have thought to make max revenue as folk would just abandon their cars with bigger spaces between the next car and that could add up to a tidy fun on a match day, I would say it was a self funding job over the year.

For the guys being negative about the board only doing bits at a time..

1. it’s not possible to do it all at once for health and saftey reasons alone, but if you know about the building game it’s always done in phases to timescales 

2. The most important jobs needing done are the most visible and I’d imagine the board would be expecting to get abused if they spent money on the stadium that nobody could see or witness improvement.

3. Just cos it’s BADLY in need of a lick of paint that’s just superficial stuff, your not going to paint the shop then start replacing cladding an roofs are ye? It will get done but in a professional an timely manner it might not be to some cunts liking but you can’t please all the people all the time. 

WATP!