Ibrox Maintenance

Ace

18 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Ok I’ll humour you, it’s a boring day. 

So you know for a fact there isn’t anything at Ibrox that could be getting done before a bloody car park. 

I think you should read back through the thread to see all the other work which is currently going on or about to happen. 

Start with @Deanzmeanzheinz post.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I think you should read back through the thread to see all the other work which is currently going on or about to happen. 

Start with @Deanzmeanzheinz post.

I think you should read my posts to the above poster. Then come back ya rocket. 

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I think you should read my posts to the above poster. Then come back ya rocket. 

If you’ve read that post (and many others) I’ve no idea why you can be so upset about the car park work being carried out, along with everything else. 

You’ve focussed in on one detail and got all worked up about it, I wouldn’t be surprised if you were one of the posters who got angry about Murty’s use of the word “respect” in his interview. Wider context doesn’t seem to be your strong point. 

To be honest I think you’re trying to find something to moan about so not going to bother with it anymore, you just enjoy your whinge.

3 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

If you’ve read that post (and many others) I’ve no idea why you can be so upset about the car park work being carried out, along with everything else. 

You’ve focussed in on one detail and got all worked up about it, I wouldn’t be surprised if you were one of the posters who got angry about Murty’s use of the word “respect” in his interview. Wider context doesn’t seem to be your strong point. 

To be honest I think you’re trying to find something to moan about so not going to bother with it anymore, you just enjoy your whinge.

I’ve focused on the Car Park getting done when we still have plenty of work needing done directly around the stadium. 

The fact you seem to think the board should be praised for doing vital work that is long overdue baffles me. 

Couple that to the fact 3 of the current board agreed to stop all maintenance work on the stadium and felt we didn’t need said car park so sold it, kind of tempers any goodwill. 

I notice in this full exchange you haven’t once answered any of my questions, which leads me to believe you just like to have a moan if anyone questions anything that is going on. 

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I’ve focused on the Car Park getting done when we still have plenty of work needing done directly around the stadium. 

The fact you seem to think the board should be praised for doing vital work that is long overdue baffles me. 

Couple that to the fact 3 of the current board agreed to stop all maintenance work on the stadium and felt we didn’t need said car park so sold it, kind of tempers any goodwill. 

I notice in this full exchange you haven’t once answered any of my questions, which leads me to believe you just like to have a moan if anyone questions anything that is going on. 

I’ve answered the one question you asked me and I’ve not said one thing about the board. Have a day off. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Then that would be a resurface surely. 

The painting of the lines, marking disabled spaces, clear definition of pathways and roads etc falls under Health and Safety, its not just resurfacing. Safety certification includes all these factors. Clear signage and markings reduce the risk of the club being sued in the event of an incident.

7 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

The painting of the lines, marking disabled spaces, clear definition of pathways and roads etc falls under Health and Safety, its not just resurfacing. Safety certification includes all these factors. Clear signage and markings reduce the risk of the club being sued in the event of an incident.

So again I’ll ask, if the car park is breaching me all that, what is the direct surrounding of the stadium then. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So again I’ll ask, if the car park is breaching me all that, what is the direct surrounding of the stadium then. 

Next on the list?

Responsibility of the council? 

No idea to be honest. I wouldn’t be jumping to conclusions and making myself look silly. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Next on the list?

Responsibility of the council? 

No idea to be honest. I wouldn’t be jumping to conclusions and making myself look silly. 

So it’s looking silly questioning why a car park gets done when the rest of the area is a shambles. ??

Probadly got more to do with the new houses not wanting to look at the eyesore. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We don’t have the Deeds, where have you been the last 6 years. 

In all seriousness, I'd guess this is a compliance issue that is required following a review of our safety certificate...as RFC Eagle points out.  We can only be responsible for the area under our control (see big JB for the deeds ;) ).  

19 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

17 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

A good point but it could just be down to first impressions when inviting future investors to the stadium. My ma always said "keep the outside of your house and the parlour well maintained so that the neighbours won't judge". There was wisdom in her words because first impressions do count.

51 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I’m not sure why your getting yourself worked up about Work happening on the car park. What gives you the idea that these works are in lieu of some other maintenance works elsewhere? If it’s just line marking in the car park you do realise these are relatively low value works approx Pena’s wages for a week (and that is being very generous for a few days work). A lot of the works within the stadium will be better suited to the close season when they can be done without interruption and delays to programme. Stupid thing to get into a 3 page argument about because improvements are being made to the aesthetics of the surrounding area.

16 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It may depend on which issues have been highlighted in any review and the ones deemed most urgent to rectify. Some things are deemed more critical within safety certification criteria or more likely to lead to legal action and require more urgent attention. Safety regulations can emphasise areas you wouldn't necessarily think about.

43 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

In all seriousness, I'd guess this is a compliance issue that is required following a review of our safety certificate...as RFC Eagle points out.  We can only be responsible for the area under our control (see big JB for the deeds ;) ).  

Could be mate. 

Amazing what a throw away comment can do to get things going. 

34 minutes ago, jingotreblefunf said:

I’m not sure why your getting yourself worked up about Work happening on the car park. What gives you the idea that these works are in lieu of some other maintenance works elsewhere? If it’s just line marking in the car park you do realise these are relatively low value works approx Pena’s wages for a week (and that is being very generous for a few days work). A lot of the works within the stadium will be better suited to the close season when they can be done without interruption and delays to programme. Stupid thing to get into a 3 page argument about because improvements are being made to the aesthetics of the surrounding area.

I’m not I think this is better than just the usual that’s just pure great so it is theads. ??

33 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

It may depend on which issues have been highlighted in any review and the ones deemed most urgent to rectify. Some things are deemed more critical within safety certification criteria or more likely to lead to legal action and require more urgent attention. Safety regulations can emphasise areas you wouldn't necessarily think about.

No worries mate, they need to fix that bloody hole as you come out of the Copland heading for the stairs down onto Copland Rd. 

Bloody fall over it every home game and I know it’s there. ??

57 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Maybe got something to do Close Bros holding security over it, who knows. 

If we are speaking about the Albion Car Park then the disabled part is not set out as it should be, but as my pal GB points out when I have mentioned it in the past there is not room without moving into parts of the non disabled part to keep the same number of spaces.

If a change to the size of spaces is going to happen it would surely need to be done in the close season because either the disabled spaces will become less or the non disabled will become less. 

Work being done to Ibrox is very welcome, this board has been in control for nearly three years so it does not need great praise, surely just what would be expected after this time.

22 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

If we are speaking about the Albion Car Park then the disabled part is not set out as it should be, but as my pal GB points out when I have mentioned it in the past there is not room without moving into parts of the non disabled part to keep the same number of spaces.

If a change to the size of spaces is going to happen it would surely need to be done in the close season because either the disabled spaces will become less or the non disabled will become less. 

Work being done to Ibrox is very welcome, this board has been in control for nearly three years so it does not need great praise, surely just what would be expected after this time.

Do all Car parks not now have to have a certain percentage of their spaces as disabled. 

Maybe it’s that new law that they have to adhere to.