Parkhead for Scotland

So now today we have Fergus mccann echoing brendan rodgers and Peter lawwells claim that hampden is no longer fit for our national stadium, is it just coincidence or is it something more sinister? With celtic ceo now on the sfa game board it's only a matter of time till he pushes parkhead as the new national stadium, they ain't building a hotel next to the scum dome for no reason, this man has no shame and will stop at nothing. Thoughts? 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, the old guard said:

So now today we have Fergus mccann echoing brendan rodgers and Peter lawwells claim that hampden is no longer fit for our national stadium, is it just coincidence or is it something more sinister? With celtic ceo now on the sfa game board it's only a matter of time till he pushes parkhead as the new national stadium, they ain't building a hotel next to the scum dome for no reason, this man has no shame and will stop at nothing. Thoughts? 

my thoughts!

You care far too much about what that lot thinks

19 minutes ago, the old guard said:

I had no idea Republic of Ireland were looking for a new national stadium. 

1 minute ago, Drum said:

Indeed. But why pay your spiralling maintenance costs when the SFA will do it for you? Honestly these people are unbelievable. 

Exactly, the revenue streams if they were to pull this off would be massive and that's what worries me more than anything. 

24 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Most people think Hampden is unfit for football and to be honest is there a need for a national stadium? Internationals have been played in different venues recently as they do in most countries. Cup finals can be played at Ibrox unless we manage to get to finals again.

I dont see the need for a national stadium. Play the games around the country and give all clubs a share of the gate.

The only problem would be if its an old firm final. We couldn't use either of our stadiums.  Murrayfield would be next option but not ideal with both teams based here.

The midden is falling down, cheaply built and reaching the end of it's shelf life and is going to require serious money spent on it soon.

Daft banners, walkways and flags only cover over the cracks, there are parts of the stadium that have pretty much had temporary scaffolding up since it was built to add structural support.

The MAIN stand:lol: is a mess aswell and needs rebuilt.

2 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

Parkhead, 

Hampden, 

SNP, 

Sinn Fein... 

All cheeks of the same arse in my opinion, let them batter on and have it, they've infiltrated everything else. 

No chance that's the problem we sit back and they just take over and dictate f them??

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The midden is falling down, cheaply built and reaching the end of it's shelf life and is going to require serious money spent on it soon.

Daft banners, walkways and flags only cover over the cracks, there are parts of the stadium that have pretty much had temporary scaffolding up since it was built to add structural support.

No argument, it is a midden but lawwell will smell an opportunity and with the neck he has he will do anything to make money for these cunts, think about it, he will charge sfa rent and claim a percentage of every game played there be it international or Cup semis and finals. 

15 minutes ago, surfsup2 said:

No chance that's the problem we sit back and they just take over and dictate f them??

The whole thing stinks.

They have influence in every nook and cranny, they got themselves educated, infiltrated key positions, and have set to work systematically altering the bureaucracy and shifting power.

All the while playing the role of the victim's. Stinking! 

5 minutes ago, the old guard said:

No argument, it is a midden but lawwell will smell an opportunity and with the neck he has he will do anything to make money for these cunts, think about it, he will charge sfa rent and claim a percentage of every game played there be it international or Cup semis and finals. 

Will he aye?

36 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I genuinely ain't heard anything about their stadium needing any renovation work, nor have i ever heard or seen the temporary scaffolding you mentioned. Mind if i ask where you found this information? Is there articles on this?

9 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

I genuinely ain't heard anything about their stadium needing any renovation work, nor have i ever heard or seen the temporary scaffolding you mentioned. Mind if i ask where you found this information? Is there articles on this?

What makes you think you would have heard something? They are good at covering up negative PR.

It is underneath the away end (the scaffolding) and it's not a secret.

The main stand:lol: i had a picture going about a while back with big steel beams holding the roof up then a picture of them removed, apparantely they get put up in strong winds as the roof is really insecure but not 100% on that..

It was well documented at the time it was getting built that it was being done on the cheap and would cost more to maintain long term.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

What makes you think you would have heard something? They are good at covering up negative PR.

It is underneath the away end (the scaffolding) and it's not a secret.

The main stand:lol: i had a picture going about a while back with big steel beams holding the roof up then a picture of them removed, apparantely they get put up in strong winds as the roof is really insecure but not 100% on that..

It was well documented at the time it was getting built that it was being done on the cheap and would cost more to maintain long term.

Valid point haha was just curious, fair point!