Alves

jjbscotty12

First of all delighted we got the win! Although Alves is fucking useless in a back 4 in my eyes I really think we should be going a 3-5-2 in future if alves is to continue in this position, the amount of times he was caught ball watching in that first half was criminal and I have seen it umpteen times from him this season. 

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Alves took command and was immense in the 2nd half, first 45 meh!!

alves in good in a seige situation like the 2nd half when he is heading long balls away in a open game he is very poor  he was at fault for their goal he should have stopped the guy outside the box then deflects the shot

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Alves took command and was immense in the 2nd half, first 45 meh!!

Second half was much better. There was one header he won I thought hibs were on to score as they had 2 men. 

We can't really judge our defence at the moment because it's been in constant change since the start of the season. We've probably played about 8 different players in defence so far?? edit, it's 9 different players across the back 4

Was awful first half. Slow, out of position and looked half arsed. 

Second half was more himself, organised well and was on the end of most things. 

Best performance I've seen in a Rangers shirt second time round from Danny Wilson however. 

I'd give Cardoso a shot next to Wilson

Alves' defending was shocking for the first goal, rinsed by Simon Murray and his insistence on launching nothing long balls is maddening 

Watching the 2 centre halves tonight he didn't look like the one who had won the Euro's last year, Wilson carried him 

At fault for the goal and looked a real lack of desire to stop his man breaking into the box.

Very good second half.  As a defensive unit we are strong dealing with balls being launched in but struggle when teams get the ball down and drive at us.  Particularly on quick breaks at home.  

34 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Wilson was the best player on the park by a mile. 

Alves sold us for their goal, recovered in the 2nd though 

I take it you mean he was standing off the attacker?  I would agree with you there.  He was right to try and block the shot and unlucky the ball ended up in his own net.

Don't think he's giving us any less than he does for Portugal or previous sides in recent years. For the goal he was at the front post facing their player with the ball and as soon as it was passed he broke inside and tried to block the shot. Unlucky with the deflection. If anyone expected him to take command by beating players, winning every tackle etc then you're going to be disappointed. For organising a defence and getting the best out of central defenders he is doing great. The fullback positions are terrible defensively which is exposing the centre backs.