Alves

jjbscotty12

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see why Redwhiteandblue and Blue Avenger are taking a bit of stick on this thread but there's a lot of people in this world who don't believe in coincidences  and I usually count myself as one of them so I can't let go of my doubts, no matter how absurd they seem to others. Each to their own I suppose but no matter how absurd it seems to some that Alves is taking a back seat, I still don't believe in coincidences, not like that.

5 minutes ago, Grundy said:

I can see why Redwhiteandblue and Blue Avenger are taking a bit of stick on this thread but there's a lot of people in this world who don't believe in coincidences  and I usually count myself as one of them so I can't let go of my doubts, no matter how absurd they seem to others. Each to their own I suppose but no matter how absurd it seems to some that Alves is taking a back seat, I still don't believe in coincidences, not like that.

What are these ‘coincidences’ your rambling on about? 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

What are these ‘coincidences’ your rambling on about? 

Just that he seems to miss games against them, and I accept there's nothing to back it up, it's just being sceptical about coincidences. Like I said, each to their own.

Just now, Grundy said:

Just that he seems to miss games against them, and I accept there's nothing to back it up, it's just being sceptical about coincidences. Like I said, each to their own.

He didn't fucking miss the recent game though did he? He got INJURED. 

1 minute ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Yes he did get injured but some folk have been ridiculed on here for suggesting he couldn't wait to get off or he didn't make any attempt to run the injury off (and I accept it may have been too severe to do so) but that's their opinion and I don't see why their interpretation should be ridiculed. It's all  about perception and I can see why some doubt his willingness to give his all for us.

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Pre the last OF game he's injured and is back in Portugal.

He's on for 5 minutes in this one and he's straight back in Portugal injured.

Can't help seeing a pattern emerging.

Our medical facilities so shite compared to a near third world country like Portugal? He couldn't wait here and get the injury diagnosed here?

Na, the commitment just aint there. He couldn't wait to gtf and is just a tourist here stealing a wage.

He would have had the flight booked to go home already as many of our 1st team squad had so no pattern to worry about, I’m frustrated with him but wouldn’t call his integrity into question, he was 100% injured not after 5 mins though as you suggest.

I do agree that he is a tourist topping up his pension but he definitely isn’t the first or will be the last.

If he is kidding on he is playing a funny game for someone who is desperate to go to the World Cup and have his swan song.

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Pre the last OF game he's injured and is back in Portugal.

He's on for 5 minutes in this one and he's straight back in Portugal injured.

Can't help seeing a pattern emerging.

Our medical facilities so shite compared to a near third world country like Portugal? He couldn't wait here and get the injury diagnosed here?

Na, the commitment just aint there. He couldn't wait to gtf and is just a tourist here stealing a wage.

You do know the players are on holiday this week? Many of them are out the country until Saturday when they fly to Florida 

45 minutes ago, Grundy said:

Yes he did get injured but some folk have been ridiculed on here for suggesting he couldn't wait to get off or he didn't make any attempt to run the injury off (and I accept it may have been too severe to do so) but that's their opinion and I don't see why their interpretation should be ridiculed. It's all  about perception and I can see why some doubt his willingness to give his all for us.

Sorry but anyone who thinks that Alves wasn't injured is a cretin. He landed badly on a rock hard pitch and is now on crutches. Criticise his displays by all means but to criticise his integrity is obnoxious in my opinion.

This fucking thread is cringe. He's injured, it happens and especially when you get older. Alves has played decent for us, not set the world on fire by any means and not as well as i would have hoped but he is useful to have in the team. Alot of high thought of players have came to Scotland and struggled badly, we should be encouraging him, not lambasting him to the stars.

I think most of us were expecting a hard as nails enforcer rock solid defender which he might have been 5 years ago, he is nowhere near that and injuries are becoming more frequent, all in all it should be a lesson learned(again) and leave the big last payday players well alone.

1 hour ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Not according to the mentalists on here, he is faking the injury and the 'medical boot' he was spotted wearing is all part of a cunning plan devised by none other than Christiano Baldrick a well-known associate of Alves.  

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Not according to the mentalists on here, he is faking the injury and the 'medical boot' he was spotted wearing is all part of a cunning plan devised by none other than Christiano Baldrick a well-known associate of Alves.  

As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

Does it ever occur to the fantasists who perpetuate such fucking nonsense that Alves's place in any international squad would be dependent on him still playing at a decent level, not just being fit? games against the tarriers are the highest level he's gonna play before then.

Given his age and the possiblity of an Achilles it could well be he'l not be match fit for then anyway, Portugal may need to look elsewhere for their run up and preparation games and would probably go with who they've been playing when selecting a squad, the reality is he's possibly just shot his bolt in terms of the world cup by playing for Rangers and cunts are accusing him of doing it on purpose or faking it.