Alves

jjbscotty12

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely he'll move on in the Jan transfer window and gain the Club some Euros in doing so.   Surely.

I mean its a set of events that are converging on an exit.    They guy who persuades him to come to backwater Scottish football has himself already gone.   The blood, elbows, studs, 'anything goes' nature of the aggressive game here sees him risking injury and missing the WC.   Playing in a piss poor clueless weakling side under a manager who isn't a manager and is also clueless about how to manage effectively, fellow Pedro-signed players who are not getting games or whose form has dropped so its now shaping up to be the obverse of the Miller situation under Pedro ie Pedro players are not rated and its being made clear that that is the case. 

So a move to a European side might suit everyone all round.   Maybe also some of the other Pedro-signed players and so we get some transfer money in and just wait and see how much of a disaster unfolds under Murty for the rest of the season and then buy some more next summer.

Too harsh a view at Christmas?   Probably.   But after the last 2 results and those against Dundee and Hamilton I'm all out of generosity towards Murty, the Board and the players. 

I’ve stuck up for Alves but was reading McCoists comments that he was close to 100% fit but opted out at Kilmarnock is disgraceful 

Alves has no future here now but at the risk of sounding mental and contradictory I’d play him against the tarriers anyway before telling him to get to fuck - why? Because it suits us and his experience is needed let’s just be selfish and do something that suits us for once instead of player - right after the game take great delight in saying tell your agent to find you another club bye 

Murty needs to drop the nice guy stuff and get the players to fear him so much they’d run through a wall for him 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I’ve stuck up for Alves but was reading McCoists comments that he was close to 100% fit but opted out at Kilmarnock is disgraceful 

Alves has no future here now but at the risk of sounding mental and contradictory I’d play him against the tarriers anyway before telling him to get to fuck - why? Because it suits us and his experience is needed let’s just be selfish and do something that suits us for once instead of player - right after the game take great delight in saying tell your agent to find you another club bye 

Murty needs to drop the nice guy stuff and get the players to fear him so much they’d run through a wall for him 

Thought he had a tweak? At 35 I’d presume it’s agreed it’s not worth the risk. 

Didnt hear McCoist’s comments. What was he saying? 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He said he could count on the fingers of two hands, the number of times in his career that he’d played when fully fit. 

16 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

To paraphrase he heard he was almost 100% fit but pulled out - stopped short of saying feigned injury but that's what he was getting at I assume?

His comments struck a chord with me and for all I've stuck for Alves because he's got talent it seems to be a common theme with him. 

42 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

To paraphrase he heard he was almost 100% fit but pulled out - stopped short of saying feigned injury but that's what he was getting at I assume?

His comments struck a chord with me and for all I've stuck for Alves because he's got talent it seems to be a common theme with him. 

They discussed this on the radio after the game and the reporter who was at the game advised that Alves offered to play the game but Murty wanted to make sure that there was no issues i assume with the old firm games coming up

I am not sure that Alves is to blame for the Kilmarnock result in any way. According to Murty he offered to play and Murty made the decision, which given his age and the upcoming old firm game was not unreasonable. For McCoist to offer the comments he did was a cheap shot, and probably more driven by his desire to make himself look credible. 

The real issue with Alves is that he was bought by Pedro C, and Pedro C should never have been anywhere near the Rangers job. So we end up with an expensive aging Portuguese international on a big salary, whose main desire is to get to one last World Cup and to whom where Rangers end up in the League is incidental.

Why was Pedro C recruited so expensively and who the hell authorised his cut price sell of the players he inherited. The sale of which has also made the Club look ridiculous in England. Then who authorised his transfer market dealings. The guy was a walking disaster who gave us our worst celtic defeat at Ibrox and lost our 26 year unbeaten run against Aberdeen at Ibrox prior to our most embarrassing European exit ever. However our Board remain somehow beyond direct criticism. God knows how much the direct and indirect costs of Pedro C’s recruitment and hid time at the Club cost. It is hardly surprising our financials are as hazardous as they are.