Let’s End The Uncertainty

BlueSuedeSambas

And just give the job to Murty until the end of the season. I can only speak for myself but I’ve seen enough now to form the opinion that there is a lot of potential there.

I know some people aren’t keen, and if there was an obvious candidate out there then yes, i’d agree but after inviting applicants and not attracting anybody who caught the boards attention before we made our move for McInnes, I’m not convinced some saviour who’s a massive step up is suddenly going to appear on the scene now.

Murty is getting results and the players are reacting to him and playing for him so why rock the boat for the sake of it when we are showing some of the best form we have had since we were promoted?

After such a high profile knock back from McInnes I can only hope that the board do the right thing (for once) and take a bit of time to reflect and reassess their options and who knows, come the end of the season maybe they will see that the guy we need has been under their noses all along.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, DBBTB said:

And just give the job to Murty until the end of the season. I can only speak for myself but I’ve seen enough now to form the opinion that there is a lot of potential there.

I know some people aren’t keen, and if there was an obvious candidate out there then yes, i’d agree but after inviting applicants and not attracting anybody who caught the boards attention before we made our move for McInnes, I’m not convinced some saviour who’s a massive step up is suddenly going to appear on the scene now.

Murty is getting results and the players are reacting to him and playing for him so why rock the boat for the sake of it when we are showing some of the best form we have had since we were promoted?

After such a high profile knock back from McInnes I can only hope that the board do the right thing (for once) and take a bit of time to reflect and reassess their options and who knows, come the end of the season maybe they will see that the guy we need has been under their noses all along.

Said the same on the bus home. Think he should just be given it until the end of the season then see where we are.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He's got the players playing for him, that's fore sure. Give him the job

It’s becoming hard to make a case against Murty getting it.

He gets my full backing if we end this month unbeaten. 

I really need to see changes at home against the lesser teams. If he can show he’s learning, beat St Johnstone Killie Motherwell and get a draw at the tarriers he gets it all day long. 

Good to see a manager with the guts and ability to change systems during a game; the first since Walter.

Admittedly it could be argued that Ally would get the players to lump the ball further, Warburton had no plan B and Pedro had no sign of having done any work or any plan.Maybe would be worthwhile giving Marty the season and give the board time to plan another fiasco.

He's doing well but that's measured against under performing management teams over the past few years.

He is definitely getting something out of these players that others couldn't and has changed the formation to suit us better, but although he seems to make us play a more British type of game, I feel a good, experienced manager could give us a whole lot more.

I would love Murty to remain at Rangers, but not as manager ( the only thing that will change my mind will be for him to emerge from December with full points, then I will  be happy to admit I was wrong)

8 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

He's doing well but that's measured against under performing management teams over the past few years.

He is definitely getting something out of these players that others couldn't and has changed the formation to suit us better, but although he seems to make us play a more British type of game, I feel a good, experienced manager could give us a whole lot more.

I would love Murty to remain at Rangers, but not as manager ( the only thing that will change my mind will be for him to emerge from December with full points, then I will  be happy to admit I was wrong)

The problem is that we won't get any better manager while we have a DoF.

45 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If he continues to gather points up to the break, it would be a big risk for the board if they don"t appoint.

There are no outstanding candidates out there, particularly none that we could afford or attract. If they brought in mr average and he starts losing, they take the heat big time.

Appointing him until the end of the season also saves them money in the short term, so I reckon they are praying for him to do well up to the break and then appoint him.

As well do it now and avoid all the uncertaintity and also give the players a boost, who can settle down and know who they are playing for.

Football is a very simple game that many try to over complicate. On paper Murty should have no chance. He should be nowhere near our managerial hot seat. However we live in a results business and if he keeps winning you just never know.

I think many get a little over excited when we win and a little over dramatic when we lose. Whilst difficult it's important to try and remain objective. 

That said Murty has presided over arguably 4 of our best results over the past few years. He's steadied the ship and seems to be getting the best out of the players. They like him, he likes them they trust each other. The squad seem to be united. He plays players in their preferred positions, he is willing to make changes, change formation and give youth a chance. He speaks well and comes across very insightful. He seems to be executing a lot of things your average fan would possibly suggest. He's keeping things relatively simple, clear and players underland what is required of them. He's also doing what our last 4 or 5 managers couldn't do regularly. Win in the big games.

He's had to learn on the job, in exceptionally trying circumstances, with a depleted squad, injured players, banned players, under performing players all in the glare of the media and fan spotlight. After Dundee he looked as if he'd had enough. Since then, since our change in shape and run of results he's growing in stature. He's showing more presence, he's speaking confidently and I think for the first time he thinks he has a chance. I also think he's smart enough to know for him to have a real chance he just needs to keep winning.

If we win on Saturday we go 2 behind. If we then win our following 3 then Murty without doubt becomes a legitimate candidate and quite frankly if he won 8 in a row (a massive ask I know) then it would be difficult not to give it to him.

Like everything at Rangers though, you're only as good as your last game. It's just a case of keep on winning......

I agree with this in a way, for a few reasons for example, new manager means new philosophy etc which could disrupt the team form etc and potentially team harmony etc. Although if come January we turn in games like that we will get punished more often than not, So it's a hard decision. Some of these players aren't good enough and no tactic or manager will make them good enough so we could wait and see if Murty can turn it around and keep winning and see how far he gets till the end of the season. IF he wins the league then absolutely give him the job with a few million for his own players but if not then there is no harm in bringing someone new in.

We absolutely mugged Hibs last night. Murty knows it, the players know it and everyone in here knows it. 

I don’t believe it tells us anything about Murty’s managerial candidacy. We were woeful. Especially first half. Sloppy in possession, Lost our shape time after time, our fullbacks were getting roasted, our midfield was completely lacking any composure, first half was awful with several players looking amateur. Alves for the first goal was so slow and ponderous it’s hard to believe. Of course all of that made the win all the more enjoyable. 

Murty has been given until the end of the year, if the results are good over that extended period then maybe he should get longer. But I really don’t think he is the right guy for the job long term and nothing from last nights game would change my view on that. 

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

He really needs an old head in beside home just as a lean of figure during games, someone who can read a game from the stand and in communication when needed to suggest small tweaks during play.

I think he is up for the job but having a voice in his ear during the game would take a bit of pressure from him to do his job.

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I have felt for sometime this was the boards intention all the time but the AGM bounced them into approaching McInnis. He wanted to bring in his own players ran into the DoF way of doing it and he walked away. Back to the original plan now.