Let’s End The Uncertainty

BlueSuedeSambas

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely worse hands we could be in while we’re waiting. Board are very lucky that Murty is getting these results against tough sides and taking the shine off them sitting biscuit ersed.

As I’ve said, we’re very lucky to have Murty and he deserves proper recognition for what he’s done when a full time appointment is made.

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

And just give the job to Murty until the end of the season. I can only speak for myself but I’ve seen enough now to form the opinion that there is a lot of potential there.

I know some people aren’t keen, and if there was an obvious candidate out there then yes, i’d agree but after inviting applicants and not attracting anybody who caught the boards attention before we made our move for McInnes, I’m not convinced some saviour who’s a massive step up is suddenly going to appear on the scene now.

Murty is getting results and the players are reacting to him and playing for him so why rock the boat for the sake of it when we are showing some of the best form we have had since we were promoted?

After such a high profile knock back from McInnes I can only hope that the board do the right thing (for once) and take a bit of time to reflect and reassess their options and who knows, come the end of the season maybe they will see that the guy we need has been under their noses all along.

What I like about Murty is he seems very tactically aware and not afraid to make changes - like holding on for the win last night - good move to bring on Bates..

anyone we appoint is a gamble but we sort of know what we are getting with GM 

- yes he has learning to do but as we are a developing team let him learn in the job. 

1 minute ago, bluchoo said:

Still no from me, another Dundee or Hamilton performance, when we are not playing a team coming at us, is round the corner

If an under 20s coach can get this out of them then what could a proper manager get

Murty is a ‘proper’ manager - so we’re MW and PC. 

5 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Credit to him but he's very much in a no pressure nothing to lose situation right now taking it on permanently is still a different matter

I just think it would end in tears before too long and wouldn't even help his own development as a coach

Don't think anyone would suggest a permanent deal at the moment. I think it's a case of give him it till the end of season, which I think the board are going to do based on how we perform till the end of the year.

If Hibs has been given their penalty (putting ours aside) and one of their shots that hit the post had gone in there would be virtually no-one in this thread who would want him to get the job.

Regardless, if we go undefeated until January then the board have a big decision, but performances need to improve.

Let's get this right our play has been poor the last two games...we were also tucked away by a poor Dundee side. Granted SOME of the players are putting in a shift for Murty but just as many have been woeful. The bottom line is we need an overhaul in personnel and a strong experienced manager to oversee it. Much as I like him that man is not Murty.

Need to see how we’re sitting by Jan. Murty has got the boys playing well and is just focusing on football. 

Let this be a lesson to the board. We don’t need a salesman, we don’t need someone with the greatest footballing philosophy of all time. We just need a guy that ‘gets’ Scottish football and can man manage. Simple.

49 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

Still no from me, another Dundee or Hamilton performance, when we are not playing a team coming at us, is round the corner

If an under 20s coach can get this out of them then what could a proper manager get

What are the chances of getting a “proper manager” though? Our last three have been Ally McCoist, Mark Warburton and Pedro Caixinha. Nobody of any note wants to come here and nobody is going to convince me that over the rest of the season Murty would do any worse than somebody like Tommy Wright would.

Hes been told its him til the winter break, lets just keep it at that so there's no complacency from him or players.

Regardless, someone needs to be looking to sort out transfers in and out in the window, and whoever it is should be bloody busy. That's a bigger concern for me right now than what happens after the break.

I'm starting to seriously consider it. I said a few weeks back to @Mr Soprano that it has all the hallmarks of when the taigs got rid of Mowbray. They brought in that wee rat bastard as interim until they found someone else. Problem being they couldn't find anyone and let him run with it. He done ok for them and ended up getting the job.

That's the last I'll mention they cunts here.

Murty against Hamilton was like a fish out of water, it went 1 0 and he stood clueless on the touchline. He couldn't change it and made the wrong subs that day. What's followed however has been two totally dominant victories against "Scotland's second force" indeed the ibrox game was a scudding and we were so comfortable at pittodrie it was unreal. The Ross county game we conceded a poor goal but then bar 2 chances it was one way traffic and again  we never stopped till we got back In front. Last night was absolute backs to the wall. However other than 3 audacious barker efforts and a Simon Murray fluff we were comfortable. The defending was unreal and indeed it was only a deflected shot that went by wes.

Thats 3 different types.of victories in 4 games. 2 dominations, a never give up till it's won and a backs to the wall great defensive display.

That shows to me that he can now adapt game by game. Is it enough for the job? Im still unusre bur hes getting there. I.wouldnt actually mind a set up of 3 or 4 coaches running it. I'd say he needs an experienced man in with him either as his number 2 or he should be the experienced man's number 2.

Credit to him.and JJ

King, the board and the DOF have set their collective hand to the plough and I doubt if they would be too minded to look back, halt or suspend the recruitment process and either hand the job to Murty or extend the interim term until the end of the season and then look again if needs be.  

We don't know what other candidates are under active consideration, maybe even negotiation, or how credible these candidates are compared to Murty.   

Murty is, imo, a relatively untried and inexperienced learner- manager.  IMO a learner manager should only be appointed if having ploughed up and down the recruitment options there is genuinely not enough interest from capable and experienced managers or no-one of that sort of calibre is prepared to take the job.......in other words the search runs aground and the only one left standing is Murty so it becomes a sort of Hobsons choice.    If that happened it would scream volumes about the inability of the Board and DOF to find a manager of quality and relevant experience and scream volumes about the decline of the stature of Rangers.    

They extended his interim term to the end of the year.  That's only a few weeks away.    They will have to come clean at that point and it can only be one of 3 things.  They appoint a manager and Murty reverts to his former role.    The appoint Murty because he is the best of whoever was left under consideration (which will tell us a lot about the failings of the board and DOF and tell us a lot about the stature of the Club in the eyes of the football manager community).   Or they extend his interim term until the end of the season.....which tells us that its been a recruitment exercise that is fatally flawed if it cannot produce better and much more experienced candidates than Murty and it tells us the board are shit scared of coming to a big decision because they're just buying more time, and it produces a risk that if a new manager appears next Summer we start the merry-go-round again of scrambling to get players in that he wants to work with.

If Murty gets the job and it becomes a case of the Club being prepared to let a learner-manager grow into the job and for his teams to evolve into a properly competitive title-challenging, trophy winning side then we are in for a long haul.    Is King prepared to set the message that its to take however long it takes for Murty to lose his managerial L plates and assume the mantle of a manager who has produced sides that are properly competitive Rangers sides season after season?     My view is 'nope' - King won't want that risk and as well as Murty has done but only up to a point because there have been very poor results too and like Warburton he still does not know how to eliminate bad starts to games or sloppy play despite the claims of training well and so on.   

Stating the obvious a month from now and we will either still have Murty as manager or a new face will be unveiled.

I think it will end up happening and there are a number of good reasons why.

We don't have anyone we want at the moment it they'd have been appointed. Murty is improving as a manager weekly and the players are buying in from what we can see. I like his inclusion of youth as we've found a new best player from it. 

I suspect that assuming the results aren't disasters until Xmas that Murty will get the job until the end of the season. It's a bit odd to do your managerial apprenticeship at Rangers but he gets great experience and the opportunity of a lifetime and we get time to decide (and the chance to audition someone with clear potential).

We don't have any leverage in the managerial stakes at the moment after McInnes. Anyone we appoint in a panic will come in on a three year deal and if they're shit they will cost a fortune to replace. Because Murty enjoys the role and is new to the game I think he's happy with the current set up although he should get a pay rise. 

Worst comes to worst we appoint someone else in summer and Murty can go down to youths with a lot more credibility. 

Fingers crossed. 

Pro:

He's helped the players find their balls, they no longer look scared of everyone.

He's got them to work for 90+ minutes per game

He's got 4 wins on the trot with a hideous injury list

The centre of defence no longer look like startled rabbits when a cross comes over

He's freed the monster that is McRorie by letting him lose in the middle.

Totally out-thought McInnes in both sheep games

Reduced Lennon to blithering mess level again

Gradually turning Windass into a player

Cons:

Tactically out-thought against County and hivs

What the players have gained in attitude they appear to have lost in ability - our passing and ball control have been shocking in the last 2 games

Positional discipline has gone out the window

While he has made some good, game-changing substitutions, he has also left some bafflingly late, like Barjonas last night

Miller

Overall: wouldn't be upset if he got another couple of months but think he's a couple of years away from being ready for the permanent job.

Just now, SuperPapac05 said:

I feel with Murty it's more 75% luck and 25% managerial skill. We simply cannot ride that bus much longer without the wheels coming off. We're so close to getting to the tarriers, we need someone with a concrete plan and his own vision to get them. 

Changed his tactics to beat the sheep twice. Changed it against County to get us the win. Changed it last night when we were under the cosh and seen out a tough game.

That's not luck that's great management.