Smile

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

He fucking rotten mate

Still the new scapegoat.

Hibs goal on Wednesday for example, he was slated for letting Murray get the better of him (rightfully so) but then also slated for not closing down Stevenson quick enough.

Where were the rest of our defenders? Can't expect Alves to deal with 2 players at once but it's cool to criticise him just now so that's what we'll do.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Still the new scapegoat.

Hibs goal on Wednesday for example, he was slated for letting Murray get the better of him (rightfully so) but then also slated for not closing down Stevenson quick enough.

Where were the rest of our defenders? Can't expect Alves to deal with 2 players at once but it's cool to criticise him just now so that's what we'll do.

He was at fault for that opportunity developing not the closing down/deflection. That goal was on him. His distribution is abysmal and he looks so fucking slow. Those are facts and I might be being harsh here but I just don't think he cares 

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

He was at fault for that opportunity developing not the closing down/deflection. That goal was on him. His distribution is abysmal and he looks so fucking slow. Those are facts and I might be being harsh here but I just don't think he cares 

He's always been pretty slow as far as I can remember. I'm not sure what people were expecting but perhaps unrealistic expectations are playing a part in the criticism he's getting.

His distribution and long range passing was supposedly among the best in Serie A last season. Maybe it's the players around him. Maybe he just finds the game here a but harder. Who knows? I don't believe he doesn't care though.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He's always been pretty slow as far as I can remember. I'm not sure what people were expecting but perhaps unrealistic expectations are playing a part in the criticism he's getting.

His distribution and long range passing was supposedly among the best in Serie A last season. Maybe it's the players around him. Maybe he just finds the game here a but harder. Who knows? I don't believe he doesn't care though.

The last part I rarely say but I just get that impression from him but I could be wrong. The other players thing is garbage tho look at his back passes yesterday atrocious that's him being pish no one else 

6 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Correct. The experienced international with almost 100 caps and who has captained just about every club he's played for. Seems an obvious choice.

He's the latest scapegoat though isn't he?

The point is, he's just came here, done nothing to show why he should be captain and complains it's too physical for him.

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Has he actually complained it's too physical for him?

A canny be arsed getting the full thing because the pictures splitting it up.

Rangers defender Bruno Alves said the physical nature of his team's League Cup semi-final 2-0 defeat by Motherwell was "too much" and "not football".

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 13:07, plumbGER said:

McCrorie

whilst I think mcrorie  is a stick on for the captaincy of our club, he needs to be given time to develop and play himself into the role.john greig our greatest ever captain had to wait a couple of years before he achieved his captaincy(mind you half our team at that time were good enough to take over as captain !)but mcrorie needs to get the feel of his position first and then with a good bit of luck and the fans backing he could turn out to be another john greig!!!

19 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A canny be arsed getting the full thing because the pictures splitting it up.

Rangers defender Bruno Alves said the physical nature of his team's League Cup semi-final 2-0 defeat by Motherwell was "too much" and "not football".

That's embarrassing. From him of all people.