*Official Rangers v St Johnstone Match Thread*

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was talking to my Dad this morning who said Mcinnes should never ever be asked again to be the Rangers manager.

He is old school and was watching Rangers in the 40s, 50s and early 60s.

I concur to a certain extent, but in modern football is it not very short sighted to be like this.

His words were that it is an insult to the club and every fan to EVER turn down the Gers. Especially as he says from supposedly one of our own.

Personally I think everyone is entitled to have their own reasons when it come to employment decisions, and if its personal its nobody's business apart from him and his family.

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Was talking to my Dad this morning who said Mcinnes should never ever be asked again to be the Rangers manager.

I concur to a certain extent, but in modern football is it not very short sighted to be like this.

His words were that it is an insult to the club and every fan to EVER turn down the Gers. Especially as he says from supposedly one of our own.

Personally I think everyone is entitled to have their own reasons when it come to employment decisions, and if its personal its nobody's business apart from him and his family.

I agree with your da.

McInnes can go take a good fuck to himself now. Whatever his reasons he should have came out early on and gave a definite no if he didn't want it. Fuck him

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I hope they remembered to turn the undersoil heating on.

Yes.    No such luck for keeping supporters warm though.   Pity we don't have safe standing areas.   Was better - and warmer - when stood jam packed in the terraces shuffling about keeping warm and bouncing when goals were scored.  

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I agree with your da.

McInnes can go take a good fuck to himself now. Whatever his reasons he should have came out early on and gave a definite no if he didn't want it. Fuck him

He did? We dwelled on offering him it and made an arse of it.

McInnes took 2 days to decide. He hardly dwelled on it.

We made a total arse of it. I'd have been pissed if I was him

6 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I think your Dad's views are on the mark for many, me included.  I can't stretch back to the 40's but can from 50's onwards but even allowing for changes over time in the ways people think about employment there are, I think, some ways which are anchored solid.   When your own come calling and the call is made earnestly and with every good intent and for the good of the Club, and you start to respond to that call then weasel out having decided you prefer your current comforts then imo its over forever for that person, in this case McInnes.

8 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

You know what makes a pattern? When you agree to sign for a club then shite out of it at the last second then a while later you do the same thing to another club.

We fucked about, no argument there but to suggest that had a bearing on DM's decision is fucken retarded. He was in Glasgow just as he was in Sunderland.

Shat it. End of.

12 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I think your Dad's views are on the mark for many, me included.  I can't stretch back to the 40's but can from 50's onwards but even allowing for changes over time in the ways people think about employment there are, I think, some ways which are anchored solid.   When your own come calling and the call is made earnestly and with every good intent and for the good of the Club, and you start to respond to that call then weasel out having decided you prefer your current comforts then imo its over forever for that person, in this case McInnes.

Anyone who disgrees with this has no clue what we're about. Supporter for 60 year or 6 year.

13 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Naw he obviously didn't. 6 fucking weeks he was linked only to turn it down when our shit board finally did make a move.

He was linked and had 6 weeks to give a firm I don't want it. He didn't, he can do one now.

Archived