*Official Rangers v St Johnstone Match Thread*

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MrMckee said:

We need a new manager in asap and a decent one at that not one of these project managers but someone who can get them giving there all. Looked lazy and not interested today. Our build up play was so slow and predictable 

What credible manager would you like to see in that we can afford, or is there no such animal?

I believe there isn't.

For the first time we left after the third went in. I was so angry I was ranting, swearing and raving in the family stand surrounded by kids and I was acting like a mad woman. It was a complete joke today. How far have we fallen? The signs were there because the last few games against Ross County and Hibs were brutal. Funny how the team performed when Derek McInnes was in the stands and they though the he was going to be their manager. 

1 hour ago, ben51 said:

Murty got it wrong.

The players were horrific.

The worst performance for a long, long time. 

Whether we like it or not, we missed Miller. Acts as a glue to the team and seems like our only real leader. I've been giving him it tight for his last few performances but he's clearly vital to us still. 

The Board need to get their fucking finger out right now and get a Manager in so they can at least attempt to plan for January. There is no fucking necessity to postpone it any longer, either they're out of work so we get them in now. Or they're in work and we make an approach for them. Why the delay?!

Sort it out.

We didn’t miss Miller

1 minute ago, billscott said:

miller at his worst would be better than candelais he is fucking awful  watch back the hibs game and see how many times he gave the ball away  i could not believe he statred today  

They all gave the ball away at Easter road not just candeias and today also they all couldn't string along decent passes not one of them 

miller at his worst would be better than candelais he is fucking awful  watch back the hibs game and see how many times he gave the ball away  i could not believe he statred today  

I agree Candeis was pants, so were the rest of them. 

But, for the most part this season, so has Miller been.

I just don’t think he would have made a difference today. 

2 minutes ago, gers31 said:

They all gave the ball away at Easter road not just candeias and today also they all couldn't string along decent passes not one of them 

hope you are not defending candeais he is awful  has he ever beateb a full back since he came

hope you are not defending candeais he is awful  has he ever beateb a full back since he came

No m8 I agree he is awful but u can't say it's just him that gave the ball away the whole team were shite against hibs and today also 

15 minutes ago, billscott said:

Was mIller not playing against Hamilton and Dundee????????!??

i never said miller was the answer read my post i said he is better than candeais  i am 75 and i bet i could do more than that useless cunt

Then why not say surely we have some U20 player who could do a better job. Not one of the most underperforming players of the season. 

Quite a rollercoaster, beating top teams and losing to bottom ones. I don't think Rangers know how to handle deep sitting, counter attacking teams.

Murty is as good as far as he goes, but he knows and we know he is just waiting for the right man.

Over the last four games we've had a taste of what it used be like and what it should be like for a club of our stature The Rangers, a double win, home and away and a win away against two of our most bitter foes who hate the air that we breathe made it a sweet period. But unfortunately the cold reality of where we really are was always going to come home to roost and it did with a painful Ibrox defeat at the hands of a club whose challenge we used to swat away with regularity. The whole problem starts at the top where the blazer is without a doubt too big for them, this has filtered down resulting in a team who cannot fill the shirt, and never will. If I read or hear anybody saying that defeats like that pathetic performance today are down to the atmosphere at Ibrox then I can only sneer with contempt in their face, that old chestnut doesn't wash anymore. Graeme Murty ? Personally for what it's worth I totally absolve him of any blame for any of it, if you were offered the chance to manage The Rangers you would do it for nothing, although he will never make it as a Rangers manager he has aquitted himself well both on the sidelines and speaking to the press, so far although put in a difficult position has spoken well. Good luck to him in his future. We need a manager in place asap, maybe after that result today they'll offer it to the St Johnstone manager, seen worse knee jerk reactions from them!

8 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Quite a rollercoaster, beating top teams and losing to bottom ones. I don't think Rangers know how to handle deep sitting, counter attacking teams.

Murty is as good as far as he goes, but he knows and we know he is just waiting for the right man.

That's been our big problem for a while against well organised teams.  Just not enough creativity to break them down.  Plenty of the ball in front of their penalty area,  but hardly tested their keeper.  I wouldn't give a pass mark for anyone today.  Very poor right through the team.  We are short of a couple of decent attacking midfielders and a manager with better tactical ability.  Tommy Wright would not be a choice of many,  but a big step up from where we are.

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Yes because who we were playing on Wed it made us turn a blind eye to how that game could have ended and it could have easily gone against us.

I hoped today we would try and step up and get 5 wins on the trot and keep us second but once they made it 1-1 we seemed to have no idea how to break them down. 

Was hoping the same mate.

2 hours ago, DMax399 said:

I agree Candeis was pants, so were the rest of them. 

But, for the most part this season, so has Miller been.

I just don’t think he would have made a difference today. 

I know where you’re coming from.

What Miller may (& I only say ‘may’) have brought was the very thing that drives a lot of folk mad - the fact he moves all over the place.

He might be in the wrong place a lot of the time, but he drags folk around with him.

Movement was awful today & they just had to hold their positions & challenge us to break them down.

Which obviously went well for us...

1 hour ago, Rangers#1 said:

Was hoping the same mate.

Was very disappointing mate, but as I read in another thread maybe our board as well as many fans were thinking Murty could do the job, today hopefully put an end to that thinking. I do not blame Murty for that, he is a youth coach not a manager at the moment and with time he might well make a good manager, but not Rangers manager at this time IMO.

3 hours ago, jintybear said:

For the first time we left after the third went in. I was so angry I was ranting, swearing and raving in the family stand surrounded by kids and I was acting like a mad woman. It was a complete joke today. How far have we fallen? The signs were there because the last few games against Ross County and Hibs were brutal. Funny how the team performed when Derek McInnes was in the stands and they though the he was going to be their manager. 

If I had been near the Director's Box today when the third went in I would have had a real go at them :angry: probably just as well I sit in the East Enclosure. :happy:

Archived