*Official Rangers v St Johnstone Match Thread*

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

St Johnstone win a league match at Ibrox for the first time since 1971 and consign Rangers to a fifth Premiership loss of the season - four of which have been at home.

???????????????

Records keep tumbling this season

All on DAVE KINGS watch 

fucking piece of shite 

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

you blaming fod for our defeat?

Take 2nd goal... I'm right behind him... he sees their wide man breaking, Fod looks in the middle & sees their striker on the 6 yard line (i.e. HIS fkn territory), yet he's still rooted on his line when the ball's crossed & knocked past him. Tje third went across him & was not hit particularly hard. First one harder for me to see, but it's long-range & he's normally fuckin hopeless with them.

1 minute ago, ronniescu said:

Take 2nd goal... I'm right behind him... he sees their wide man breaking, Fod looks in the middle & sees their striker on the 6 yard line (i.e. HIS fkn territory), yet he's still rooted on his line when the ball's crossed & knocked past him. Tje third went across him & was not hit particularly hard. First one harder for me to see, but it's long-range & he's normally fuckin hopeless with them.

did you watch the other 10 players today? 

7 minutes ago, Ibroxric72 said:

Apart from Morelos and McCrorie, and they were poor today, every last one of them is simply not good enough. Good players can motivate themselves without a manager having to gee them up. 

What pisses me off most though is that we haven’t had a decent defence for more than 5 years. If we had actual defenders we would have won that game. 

apart from the goal, i though both of them were largely anonymous as well

1 minute ago, wearethepeople1 said:

All on DAVE KINGS watch 

fucking piece of shite 

Thats right. the keepers too much of a shitebag to come for a cross. wilsons too much of a shitebag to jump for a header. too much of a shitebag to clear the ball that should have been cleared but fucking ends up in a 50/50 situation in our own box and a cunt called declan shits out of that and the ball ends up in the net. Lets no blame they poor wee lambs though eh. its daves fault. 

Just now, Jam_piece said:

Thats right. the keepers too much of a shitebag to come for a cross. wilsons too much of a shitebag to jump for a header. too much of a shitebag to clear the ball that should have been cleared but fucking ends up in a 50/50 situation in our own box and a cunt called declan shits out of that and the ball ends up in the net. Lets no blame they poor wee lambs though eh. its daves fault. 

9 weeks without a manager has had a big effect on the players I would say. Also maybe employing a fuckin unknown diddy as the manager to begin with is maybe an issue. 

Hes a lying useless cunt mate, no interested in the club and has to stick around because basically has too much to lose now if he chucks it. He as underestimated the job needed here and after 3 years we are probably in as bad a state than we ever have been in the last few years 

37 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

candieas just doesnt work in that, and i have no idea why Murty keeps trying to shoehorn him in their

Because Murty is not experienced enough as a manager to understand what a player can and cannot do.  Just because Walter picked Murty for a Scotland game and played him as a wing back (or whatever position) - aa position he openly said he hated - and Murty seemingly ran up and down all through the game and never saw the ball, does not mean Murty has to take a leaf out of Walter's book of tactial genius and play Candeias in a position he is not suited to. 

21 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

This.

its embarrassing, folk were posting about winning the league after hibs. Are they delusional? Do we forget how awful these players are? 

I agree although I think we need to be careful as a support not to turn on Murty due the position the board have put him in. We have lost good Rangers people in recent years due to the board thrusting them into positions they don't have the qualifications for. Kenny McDowell is an example. A massively highly regarded youth coach but left totally broken by the pressure. I have never though that Murty should be our manager but he is a good man and hopefully can go on and continue the good work he's been doing with younger players. 

22 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

Jesus man. I'm deeply sickened but no going that road. Rangers will be back, maybe not this season but next year or the year after that. You are not the world's most successful club and coming through these years for nothing. 

We are kidding ourself on here. I don’t know ins and outs of business side of things if we are same club or not and I couldn’t really give a fuck it’s about the fans the jersey and the stadium. But one thing for sure we are not the same squad of old. We are awful and we need to stop expecting miracles from a team in our state. The board(s) are 95% of our woes but we the fans aren’t completely blameless we pile pressure on our teams to be of the same standards as 2011 and before squads and they crumble every single time. We actually had fans on Clyde 1 midweek saying we were going to win the league. We need a new manager and he needs time minimum 2 years 

31 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

We were absolutely shite against the spoon burners, the sheep results? , I don’t understand, our lucks ran out

We need a manager, 3rd spot is not good enough.

Yes, a properly experienced manager with good credentials to manage a side of the stature of Rangers is needed pronto.

As for 3rd spot.  Even if a manager is appointed in early Jan I'm assuming we will only see one or two at most new signings and possibly some of the Pedro-contingent making their escape so whoever it is is going to be stuck with the bulk of this squad for the rest of the season.   He's going to need to be quite a decent manager to lift this lot to a level of winning consistency that gets 2nd or 3rd spot because at present if this sort of stop/go form continues even 3rd might be asking a lot.    Be interesting to know how confident an incoming manager would be about getting European football for the start of next season when half of this season has gone and the squad is stuttering from the extremes of very good wins against difficult teams to faltering badly against supposedly lesser opposition.    That's quite a managerial task the new fella will be taking on.

2 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

9 weeks without a manager has had a big effect on the players I would say. Also maybe employing a fuckin unknown diddy as the manager to begin with is maybe an issue. 

Hes a lying useless cunt mate, no interested in the club and has to stick around because basically has too much to lose now if he chucks it. He as underestimated the job needed here and after 3 years we are probably in as bad a state than we ever have been in the last few years 

If hes a useless cunt then he'll fit in with the rest of the fucking imposters. Play him wide right. At least he had a go. He backed a manager with funds, maybe not as much as was "promised". Even the most pessimistic would admit they're  surprised at the shambles of a "team". King doesn't appear to be the answer,  but he can not be held fully responsible for that cowardly display. the rest of tonight is going to be numerous threads, this cunt, that cunt, formation, murty, board blah blah blah. Theres one reason and one reason only we lost today. They fucking wasters on the park! 

43 minutes ago, Bighouse said:

The problem surely is Ibrox

Why can't a Rangers team perform in front of our home crowd? This is really troubling.

My belief is that mangers with enough experience of managing big or decent sized teams who play in front of well-filled home stadiums know what to say and how to say it and how to motivate players to deal with that.   It doesn't just happen - it needs the sort of coaching, motivation, passion and mental preparation that good managers can produce.    Murty does not have that in his experience or skill bank.    His replacement will need to have.   

Just now, Jam_piece said:

If hes a useless cunt then he'll fit in with the rest of the fucking imposters. Play him wide right. At least he had a go. He backed a manager with funds, maybe not as much as was "promised". Even the most pessimistic would admit they're  surprised at the shambles of a "team". King doesn't appear to be the answer,  but he can not be held fully responsible for that cowardly display. the rest of tonight is going to be numerous threads, this cunt, that cunt, formation, murty, board blah blah blah. Theres one reason and one reason only we lost today. They fucking wasters on the park! 

Look I agree most of the players are useless fucking pricks. But even to have a half a chance they need a decent manager thats capable of organising them ffs. We have been terrible for weeks despite a few wins, this has been coming, everyone can see that, yet this scaly eyed fucktard still hasn’t bothered his arse with a manager. We made a complete cunt of mcinnes for what ever reason, that took them nearly 6 weeks to make a complete arse of our only real target. 

He is an embarrassment mate, I think he regrets coming back in, as he has massively underestimated the job needing done to actually make the club profitable again. 

I fully expect mediocrity while he is in charge for the club. 3 year now and he still hasn’t got a fuckin clue what he is doing. 

Things will get worse before they get better imo. More records will fall under his stewardship

33 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Murty showed today why he has a lot to learn in management. Rookie stuff.  

said the same  we did not need a holding midfield player mcrorie against a team with 9 men behind the ball how candelais statred after easter road was incredible i know windass is not a favourite on here but he been ok playing acroos the front 3 today he was stuck back on left wing  what has hardie got to do to get a chance another hat trick in midweek but only on bench i could go on and on

I've just watched Murty's post-match debrief.   If you just listen and don't look it comes over just like a post-match interview given by Warburton.   Abject excuses - not good enough - reality check for players and manager - didn't go into the dressing room and scream and shout - all in this together malarkey.  All hindsight analysis.   All about process and looking at what they didn't do well enough in prep last week and try to correct that.   All about sitting in classrooms trying to learn.    But like Warburton up here.....endlessly talking about learning but never actually learning and translating that into direct improvement as measured by results.    His style is Warburtonesque.   Which is fair enough if that's the way he's built and if that's what he thinks works for him.   It doesn't work for a team like Rangers, as Warburton also found out.  

We need a properly experienced, competent, credible manager asap and let Murty return to football waters where there is a lot less pressure on the outcomes of results and a lot more pressure on producing the inputs of well coached players.

If we end up with Murty as manager then the pathway back to the very top takes on significant extra miles.    And as a result I cannot see any board of directors surviving such a decision for very long as that journey would be full of results like today, and the Dundee result and the Hamilton result and that's before even thinking about future OF results.

The invisible DOF needs to surface very soon with a proper manager alongside.     

Murty got it wrong.

The players were horrific.

The worst performance for a long, long time. 

Whether we like it or not, we missed Miller. Acts as a glue to the team and seems like our only real leader. I've been giving him it tight for his last few performances but he's clearly vital to us still. 

The Board need to get their fucking finger out right now and get a Manager in so they can at least attempt to plan for January. There is no fucking necessity to postpone it any longer, either they're out of work so we get them in now. Or they're in work and we make an approach for them. Why the delay?!

Sort it out.

Archived