The Ibrox Derry

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It's not like he plucked him from obscurity.  If I remember correctly, a few English clubs were looking at him but there were question marks over his ability to cope with the more physical British game.  Still, credit where it's due as he's the best defender I've ever seen in a Rangers jersey.

Yawn, you haven’t seen much have you.

6 minutes ago, Ace said:

Some of the comments on this thread are aids & not the good kind of aids.

As for "we should appoint a manager first" ... I'm not sure you understand what a DoF does.

We all understand, a man who has never managed a football club at any level gets to forge our future, give it a rest ffs.

BA is right, another smoke and mirrors job to deflect from the real reason that this board are so inadequate in running a football club.

If in a situation that you are suggesting and it goes tits up, we will have to sack both him and the failure he has picked as manager, not to mention any other of his fantasy football methods.

After all it hasn’t hindered the scum.

9 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

6 months in the job. Has he achieved anything yet? Seems a waste of a big wage to me. What will he be on per annum?

He's set up the scouting system but he's not had a full transfer window to recruit yet. I'd like to know the full extent of his duties, maybe RTV could interview him.

What do people expect a director of football today?

not fishing, a serious question, because I don’t think have of the people on here know what he even does, so I don’t know how people can comment on how good/bad he has done. 

Do you exoect him to hire and fire managers, sign players, scout players? 

We won't get a big name manager in as long as we've got a DoF, IMHO.

Most British managers don't like them.

If we have a DoF, we should be looking for a Head Coach rather than a manager.

Let the DoF do all the managerial work at the club, and allow the Head Coach to concentrate on getting a winning team on the pitch.

I don't believe that we need a DoF, and  I think it's a wasted wage, but we'd be paying a Head Coach less than a manager, because he'd have less responsibilities. 

This situation could allow Murty to take control, as Head Coach, and give him and MA a couple of transfer windows to get it right, or get out!?

10 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Might be wise to give him a transfer window but who knows if he's not able to sign anyone up when the transfer window ain't open he's obviously a dud and we should get to fuck. Think he set up a scouting system or some shit but sounds a bit far fetched to me and waste of time get him to fuck!!!!

:lol:

7 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

He's set up the scouting system but he's not had a full transfer window to recruit yet. I'd like to know the full extent of his duties, maybe RTV could interview him.

They have interviewed him. Check it out in YouTube it was quite informative

45 minutes ago, Basrah Bear said:

we got him and Hivs got Barker, something wrong there.

Nemane was signed for the development squad. His deal with City is up at the summer and we took a chance to see him with a view to giving him a contract. 

One is a really good prospect who has played in England, Holland and now Scotland, the other is Nemane. 

3 minutes ago, Del said:

Nemane was signed for the development squad. His deal with City is up at the summer and we took a chance to see him with a view to giving him a contract. 

One is a really good prospect who has played in England, Holland and now Scotland, the other is Nemane. 

Exactly, we got a youth prospect of what is basically an extended trial and DJ on the same basis for the first team. 

Nobody here knows his remit or the constraints he works within, so how can we know if he is performing?

This is a simple example of where the board could display some commitment to transparency. Help the supporters understand roles and responsibilities in the organisational structure.

He discovered the young forward-thinking coach/scout/deeds checker John Brown he also brought in two players is Nemane and Declan John one who's as visible as Nicky Law and the other loves to watch players run by him to cross balls into the box.

53 minutes ago, Smile said:

He discovered the young forward-thinking coach/scout/deeds checker John Brown he also brought in two players is Nemane and Declan John one who's as visible as Nicky Law and the other loves to watch players run by him to cross balls into the box.

Pretty sure Bomber advised us to sign Jamie Vardy