Murty and these December games

Bad Robot

Murty and the December games   

174 members have voted

1. 1. If Murty wins all games should be get the job?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If Murty wins all these games but draws at the peados should he get the job?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If Murty wins all the games and loses at the peados should he get the job?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I worry about how nice a guy Murty is tbh. I like the guy and he's doing a great job atm, im just not convinced that if the going gets tough he'll be able to be hard on the players 

That's my only concern,if he gets it I think he would need an assistant who was a bit tougher.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Murty guy. He has done superb considering his positiom. Really like him but he is not ready to be manager.

After loosing the 2 games to Dundee and Hamilton, people were on his back. He scraped past Ross County and Hibs and the Mcciness saga had a lot to do imo with the Aberdeen results. 

If we lost the hibs game this poll wouldn't even exist. Whilst he has done great there have been a lot of tactical decisions he made which were poor. 

Just now, jim beam said:

Voted no for all three.

How can anyone honestly say that?

If he wins us 8 on the bounce including the sheep, junkies and filth away and gets us into a title race from mid table he will 100% and quite rightly get the job.

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

If he does though you still said you wouldn't want him.

That’s right I wouldn’t,he is a nice guy and all that and has done so so but I want a proven management team not someone that is cutting his teeth at coaching.

We have been down that road with Ally and we all know how that worked out.

Just now, jim beam said:

That’s right I wouldn’t,he is a nice guy and all that and has done so so but I want a proven management team not someone that is cutting his teeth at coaching.

Nothing like Ally.

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Nothing like Ally.

Really? Murty is getting a lot of slack and rightly so but if he got the job full time or until the end of the season then he would be het.

The two recent defeats and another lacklustre performance at home against Ross County and a lot of luck againsts the junkies add a defeat against them and the slack he is getting would disappear amongst the howls too get rid of him and back we go to square one.

If he wins about 8 games in a row then beats celtic at Parkhead he should get the job.  If the arse falls out the team the way it did against Dundee and Hamilton then he should be replaced before we even get to the Old firm game.  We got the win against Ross County but were absolutely brutal at home again.  

Just now, jim beam said:

Really? Murty is getting a lot of slack and rightly so but if he got the job full time or until the end of the season then he would be het.

The two recent defeats and another lacklustre performance at home against Ross County and a lot of luck againsts the junkies add a defeat against them and the slack he is getting would disappear amongst the howls too get rid of him and back we go to square one.

McCoist got it because he was pals with Walter, if Murty gets it he will have earned it.

22 minutes ago, Gustav said:

How can anyone honestly say that?

If he wins us 8 on the bounce including the sheep, junkies and filth away and gets us into a title race from mid table he will 100% and quite rightly get the job.

Tbh mate as sensational as that would be I still think it would end up with him being sacked before long, I'm not trying to be harsh on him if anything I think he needs to be given more time for his own development

Can't argue against that he's making a case though

3 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Its a fair point but by the same token Ally was clearly piss poor at managing before he even got the job. Watching Walter charge down the stairs to correct his blunders was embarrassing. 

Murty on the other hand appears to be a success at whatever challenge is placed in front of him. Is there a 'proven management team' (by proven I take it you mean successful track record in management) beating down our door right now? 

Just now, simplythebest said:

Tbh mate as sensational as that would be I still think it would end up with him being sacked before long, I'm not trying to be harsh on him if anything I think he needs to be given more time for his own development

Can't argue against that he's making a case though

Don't agree with that mate. Everyone goes on about us(the fans) not giving managers time, I don't agree with that, if he showed signs of progress, which he is, he would be given that time. It's just the last 3 clowns haven't showed anything.

Just now, jim beam said:

Agree with the McCoist bit but Murty shouldn’t be cutting his teeth at a club like Rangers it will set us back again.

If there was a standout alternative fine but there isn't.