Murty and these December games

Bad Robot

Murty and the December games   

174 members have voted

1. 1. If Murty wins all games should be get the job?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If Murty wins all these games but draws at the peados should he get the job?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If Murty wins all the games and loses at the peados should he get the job?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, jim beam said:

That’s right I wouldn’t,he is a nice guy and all that and has done so so but I want a proven management team not someone that is cutting his teeth at coaching.

We have been down that road with Ally and we all know how that worked out.

We've no chance of getting a proven management team with our DoF.

8 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Fuck getting at draw at the taigs. We should go there with only victory in mind. No Rangers team should ever think otherwise for any game.

That’s what Warburton did and we got pumped 5-1 likewise Advocaats first game there too 

you need to be sensible 

3 minutes ago, Drum said:

Its a fair point but by the same token Ally was clearly piss poor at managing before he even got the job. Watching Walter charge down the stairs to correct his blunders was embarrassing. 

Murty on the other hand appears to be a success at whatever challenge is placed in front of him. Is there a 'proven management team' (by proven I take it you mean successful track record in management) beating down our door right now? 

Agree Ally was just bad at management, Murty is better than him already that is clear but not ready for a club our size just my opinion.

A proven management team is not beating our door down that’s true and that is down to the board.

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That’s what Warburton did and we got pumped 5-1 likewise Advocaats first game there too 

you need to be sensible 

You can be sensible, but still be looking to take all the points. If you go into any game with the mindset that a draw will do, then you are already half way to being beaten.

Just now, Misteral said:

Why put him under any pressure? If he's happy with the current arrangements, and it seems he is, then leave them as they are. I hope he's getting a decent win bonus, though. 

This thread is asking the question for when he is done with the current arrangement tho

I think Murty comes across as a great guy and is passionate about football bit for me the jobs just too big for him atm. I would hate for him to get the job and be sacked after being hounded out for poor results.

For me its a question of is there a candidate out there suitable and willing, the answer being no or he would have been here

There is little chance that even with PepG in place with this squad that he could beat the the scum.

Whilst it is an unrealististic expectation of the the mentalists for Murty to win this one, there is always a one off chance that could do it, but should not be a prerequsite to him getting the jpb and let's be honest, he will be getting the job amyway, as it is Kng's out from spending any more money.

I've asked before, just who the fuck could we afford to take the job anyway and make a success, because I don't know of any and judging by the silence, neither does anyone else. Just moan and winge with every xcuse for it not to be Murty.

2 hours ago, Gustav said:

This thread is asking the question for when he is done with the current arrangement tho

Same answer. Status quo if the board and him are happy. I don't think they would need to give him an end date and I don't think he would ask for one.........just yet. 

8 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Same answer. Status quo if the board and him are happy. I don't think they would need to give him an end date and I don't think he would ask for one.........just yet. 

Think it's disrespectful to him doing that. 

If we win all but 1 and that being the scum game then he should still get it until the season ends.  As that would basically prove that we lost 1 game to team with far superior resources than ourselves.  

Beating the rest a lot more often is the absolute minimum and aslong as he achieves that consistently then the job should be his..  what’s the point in spending a lot more to achieve the same scenario?  If we go out and get a good premier league manager and give him a good budget then that’s different but almost certainly will not happen.

Leaving out the Rangers teams that played in the lower leagues,  the current  team must be one of the weakest in our history.

With that in mind and taking into account the squad has been further weakened through injury and suspension it's unfair to judge Murty's future on the next four matches, even an established top manager couldn't guarantee winning the next 3 never mind 4 games. 

For me Murty's  already shown enough to merit being given the remainder of the season in charge.

9 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

When's the last time we went into a game against the taigs at full strength? I literally can't remember the last time I wasn't thinking the morning of the game fuck sake typical

True . We always get some suspended or injured just before

Whereas the scum have someone injured or should be suspended but miraculously take the field

I can never get my head round how often that happens

14 minutes ago, Smile said:

I answered No to all these questions as I want a Manager at Rangers, not a Youth coach an experienced Manager.

If we win the next 4 games, do you think there is a manager out there that we could realistically get who could win 8 games on the bounce with 4 of those games being against the sheep, Hibs and the filth, 3 of them being away from home?

It’ll be the similar situation to Craig    Shakespeare at Leicester. You get that initial ‘bounce’ from a new manager but it’ll fall away in a couple of months. Knowing our board he’ll get a 5 year deal FS!

26 minutes ago, Gustav said:

If we win the next 4 games, do you think there is a manager out there that we could realistically get who could win 8 games on the bounce with 4 of those games being against the sheep, Hibs and the filth, 3 of them being away from home?

We need an experienced Manager Murty inexperience will show up eventually and he will get slaughtered for it.

On 15/12/2017 at 14:19, Bears r us said:

I am just going to take it one game at a time, but if he manages number 2 or better then I would give it to him until the end of the season. Sometimes stand in managers do well, then they are given the job and it all goes wrong and they are sacked within a few months, we do not want that after the last two fuuck ups IMO.

We have wasted so much time now and seemingly players being looked at by MA for the next window I cannot see any top manager taking on the job under that conditions.

When I wrote this post yesterday I did so because I had experienced what we had today too often this season. I do not blame Murty in any way, although he has had some great results he has also been hung out to dry by our board.

If they have been hoping a miracle would happen and he would dig them out of a 7/8 week hole then they better be starting tonight searching for a new manager. Bunch of wankers. 

It's unfortunate that the optimism of winning the games and contemplating only draw or loss against the other lot bumps into the all-too-often seen reality of actually losing games against supposedly lesser opposition.   Which then introduces different considerations about whether he has done enough over the course of his interim period to justify being appointed on a permanent basis.    

My view is there is no way on this earth he should be appointed Rangers manager  He does not have enough direct relevant experience or credentials or track record in managing first teams and of winning some success with them never mind managing a team of Rangers' stature.    

Perhaps this thread has run its course now that its clear that under Murty we are all too often defeated by lesser teams.