Alves v Hill

bordersbear

Hill was a great player for us but who is to say that this season wouldn'tĀ  have been 1 too much for him the same as Miller.

I think he might have been a better option than Cardoso .Alves is a quality signing but I think he hasn't had the impact most people thought he would. The standard of football and the hammer throwers in our game seem to suck the quality out of everyone

Still donā€™t understand how Clint Hill played so well for us yet a Portugal centre back looks pretty poor for us, youā€™d think he would be ten times fitter given heā€™s always played at a higher level and heā€™s younger.

Hill wouldā€™ve been just as bad as Miller this season though, one season too many.

3 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Hill was consistently decent, Alves is inconsistently very good. Tough choice tbh

Was he consistently decent though? Our defence was a total shambles and Hill had Ā a few good games towards the end of the season if I remember correctly.. is it not just a case of players getting better as time passes?

Big Clint had a bit of a slow start when he first came and he admits himself that it took him a bit of time to adjust to the pressure of being at Rangers. Alves has been in and out of the team and just when we look as if we might get a good run of games with him and Wilson together we are going to hit the winter break. I believe we will see Alves have the same sort of second half of the season that we see withĀ Hill

I think itā€™s fair to point out that Hill would always adapt quicker to our game faster than Alves could be expected to, and even Hill struggled at first.Ā 

Alves is a better CH and if settles into some consistency here then whoever plays beside him will benefit greatly. Wilson is already stepping up to the plate. ??

36 minutes ago, JR said:

I think itā€™s fair to point out that Hill would always adapt quicker to our game faster than Alves could be expected to, and even Hill struggled at first.Ā 

Alves is a better CH and if settles into some consistency here then whoever plays beside him will benefit greatly. Wilson is already stepping up to the plate. ??

Agree with that. Wilson was utter shite last season but is thriving playing alongside Alves, even scoring 2 important goals after an 18 month drought.

For the first time in years I think we have a centre back pairing capable of keeping a clean sheet against the filth.

Ā 

Hill done alright but we were shocking defensively last year . This year we're not much better . Personally think alves has done ok so far . Maybe not the top class defender we hoped for . We get a a settled back four with extra protection from midfield in mcrorrie n Jack( admittedly hill didn't have that)Ā  I think he'll shine . So in summary, fuck knows who'd of been betterĀ 

2 hours ago, bordersbear said:

I would have preferred keeping big Clint on for another season. I don't think Bruno has been any better and it seems he maybe wants out in January if he can't be guaranteed a start. I bet Alves is on far bigger wages than hill would have wanted as well.

Youā€™re fucking at itĀ :lol: