Bruno Alves

Prso's headband

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

He does doesn't he.   A Portuguese pearl who finds himself playing in the backward retarded mire that is Scottish football.    Different game methinks.  Way too aggressive and 'up and at 'em' compared to the refined respectful game that is the game on the continent.  

Tempted along with quite a few others by Pedro to give it a whirl here in Scotland.   But its not working out for him or the others.   They are just marking time imo waiting for the transfer window open in the hopes that they can move back to sunnier football and a game they understand and leave behind the blood and guts that passes for the game here.    Pedro, it seemed to me, was trying to modernise or change the way we'd approach games but it all went sour and with him gone his disciples will most probably follow him and we'll go back to trying to find more of the 'up and at 'em' combative players needed to muscle our way through league seasons.   

Not offence mate but that's a load of shite. Pedro was a fucking clown. 

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If you look up the definition of downed tools in dictionary, you’ll find a picture of him beside it.

Just goes through the motions no conviction, all those video's of crunching tackles and sending a message to the oppostion. Also as said will be injured for taigs game where he might need to show those qualities which totally baffles me he needs to show some fucking fight and pride!

Alves was shocking today and Wilson was poor too.

Is it coincidence that Alves was skipper and not Wilson?

Wilson played well last game when he was captain.

I would try 3 at the back with Wilson as skipper, Cardoso and Bates with McCrorie sitting in the middle.

Sounds very defensive but it would release our fullbacks (neither of whom could tackle a fish supper) to go forward.

Watched Tavernier "jog" back today after giving the ball away in the final third.

Watched John jump over the ball at their third goal. Pathetic!

1 hour ago, Jasper Blues said:

Alves was shocking today and Wilson was poor too.

Is it coincidence that Alves was skipper and not Wilson?

Wilson played well last game when he was captain.

I would try 3 at the back with Wilson as skipper, Cardoso and Bates with McCrorie sitting in the middle.

Sounds very defensive but it would release our fullbacks (neither of whom could tackle a fish supper) to go forward.

Watched Tavernier "jog" back today after giving the ball away in the final third.

Watched John jump over the ball at their third goal. Pathetic!

Good post In my opinion, said in the match thread Alves was pish and you raise a good point about Wilson playing better without Alves beside him. I've said before Wilson seems to thrive on playing the role of the more experienced centre half.  John jumping over the ball was absolutely horrendous.

Just now, Boybluesy said:

Give me Hill any day of the week. Alves doesn't want to be here.

No Hill left with respect and dignity I do not see the same for Alves he looks like he thinks he is above our league and also the club, Wilson should have been Captain today not him which is a baffling decision but maybe Murty thought he would be in about them more.

1 hour ago, Gman36 said:

Not offence mate but that's a load of shite. Pedro was a fucking clown. 

None taken and none offered in return.  The point is he was persuaded by Pedro to ply his trade in Scotland.  He is a current Portuguese international player so his playing credentials at the time of signing him were, imo, impressive enough.  Would he have come to Scotland if Pedro had not been manager?   I doubt it.  But with Pedro gone and with the backwater retarded way the game is played in Scotland I don't think this suits Alves or any of the others that Pedro brought in so I see them as marking time until they can follow him out.  That doesn't make Alves a bad player but its clear enough to me he doesn't rate playing in Scotland.    I'm sure he will do well enough in the WC playing a style of football more suited to him and about as alien as it gets to Scottish football. 

10 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

None taken and none offered in return.  The point is he was persuaded by Pedro to ply his trade in Scotland.  He is a current Portuguese international player so his playing credentials at the time of signing him were, imo, impressive enough.  Would he have come to Scotland if Pedro had not been manager?   I doubt it.  But with Pedro gone and with the backwater retarded way the game is played in Scotland I don't think this suits Alves or any of the others that Pedro brought in so I see them as marking time until they can follow him out.  That doesn't make Alves a bad player but its clear enough to me he doesn't rate playing in Scotland.    I'm sure he will do well enough in the WC playing a style of football more suited to him and about as alien as it gets to Scottish football. 

Regardless of where he is playing a quality centre back with his cv should be strolling it in a league supposedly beneath him, if the SPL is so shite why is he looking so poor consistently being outplayed by various Rabs, Tams and Boabs?

40 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

I could probably run in behind him and I'm a fat bastard 

i said today that alves in the 2nd half on wed when it was a seige situation did well when all he is asked to do is head and kick the ball away  when it is a open game and players run at him he is hopeless

6 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Regardless of where he is playing a quality centre back with his cv should be strolling it in a league supposedly beneath him, if the SPL is so shite why is he looking so poor consistently being outplayed by various Rabs, Tams and Boabs?

if i was to come on here and suggest buying any of the st johnstone team i would get shot down in flames yet most of them looked far better than our players

1 minute ago, billscott said:

i said today that alves in the 2nd half on wed when it was a seige situation did well when all he is asked to do is head and kick the ball away  when it is a open game and players run at him he is hopeless

He's good when teams play long and he has plenty time read it , all over the place when ppl are running around him 

3 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I understand that.   Equally though when your mind starts to think about opportunities that might be better elsewhere, or if you start to regret the decision you took in the first case to join a new employer, or you start to worry a bit about whether the studs up, elbows flying, rank poor refereeing, blood and guts nature of what passes for the game in Scotland might result in injury risk and missing the WC then maybe you don't put as much into it as you might otherwise do.   These are only 'what ifs'.   Because you'd think he'd be strolling it but isn't and there clearly must be reasons.   A very good, international experienced, winner of a footballer doesn't just become shite without reason.   My view, rightly or wrongly, is he is looking to get out unscathed and is playing accordingly. 

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I understand that.   Equally though when your mind starts to think about opportunities that might be better elsewhere, or if you start to regret the decision you took in the first case to join a new employer, or you start to worry a bit about whether the studs up, elbows flying, rank poor refereeing, blood and guts nature of what passes for the game in Scotland might result in injury risk and missing the WC then maybe you don't put as much into it as you might otherwise do.   These are only 'what ifs'.   Because you'd think he'd be strolling it but isn't and there clearly must be reasons.   A very good, international experienced, winner of a footballer doesn't just become shite without reason.   My view, rightly or wrongly, is he is looking to get out unscathed and is playing accordingly. 

Maybe, but if you have been playing heart and soul  full blooded for your full career and it is in your dna I honestly don't think you can "switch off", and going at it half arsed would in all probably  lead to more injuries aka (Stevie May)