There goes the feel-good feeling in true Rangers fashion (1 forward 2 back)

K.A.I

All the good work with the Aberdeen double-header, Ross County comeback and Easter Road onslaught right out the window.

We showed bags of character at Easter Road midweek and absolutely fuck-all today.

I like Murty, I've let my feelings known here but he doesn't escape criticism today as you can't play/don't need to play that diamond formation every single game. Playing it against cunts like Ross County and St Johnstone at Ibrox shows them far, far too much respect. 

Murty isn't our biggest problem - far from it - it's these players.

Again it proves they simply can't be trusted to perform on a regular/consistent basis. 

We have no midfield at all. McCrorie I like but he's a defender shoe-horned into a midfield position so we can play that pishy wee diamond every single game and Jack/Holt are two piss-poor central midfielders. They seriously are. You can't make a case for them because they play 2 good games in 4 every now and again - Wilson is in the same boat too.

Windass has all the talent and has been great recently but there always comes a time he resorts to form, again like today.

Declan John and Taverneir I still maintain are fucking God-awful full-backs.

I'm not going to be too hard on Murty albiet he's the manager and responsible for today but these players are going to cost a decent guy his shot at his dream job.

They simply can't be trusted. Not one of them. 

Investment needed - but how many times can we say that online? it's not like the more we shout about it the better chance it will be forthcoming.

What is our problem with playing at Ibrox? our performances and results have been fucking dire. This team keeps raising far more questions and answers.

St Johnstone, a team with someone like Foster in it and their best player is a guy we've loaned them for free and can't play against us.

It's OK saying St Johnstone maybe only 4 chances and scored 3 of them .. how many chances/shots did we have outwith the goal? 3? being generous there.

Good work all undone while we just let Aberdeen back into second (and we still don't want someone like McInnes in charge of us who can churn out win after win with so-called inferior players and a massively inferior budget too)

and yes I started typing this before full-time. So fuck. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve got too the stage that I’m not even angry at the result and I should be livid but I’ve been waiting on it happening it was always on the cards.

The board are the ones that I’m starting to feel real hatred for and the way they have.treated our club and us.

I’m scunnered with it all from back when all this shite happened to us and it still continues,sad,sick,and pissed off with it now we are a fucking laughing stock.

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Hopefully puts the pish about Murty getting the job full time to bed! 

That ridiculous wee diamond formation against shite at Ibrox coupled with these players will cost him the chance of the job now.

If we won today, even fluked it and kept that momentum going some might say it papers over the cracks but when you've fluked 4-wins in a short space of time it doesn't look like flukes, it looks like a team going through a bad spell grinding out wins and that's worth of praise but alas we didn't win and it puts the narrow wins against Ross County and Hibs into perspective and shows these shitbag players again the true light.

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

All the good work with the Aberdeen double-header, Ross County comeback and Easter Road onslaught right out the window.

We showed bags of character at Easter Road midweek and absolutely fuck-all today.

I like Murty, I've let my feelings known here but he doesn't escape criticism today as you can't play/don't need to play that diamond formation every single game. Playing it against cunts like Ross County and St Johnstone at Ibrox shows them far, far too much respect. 

Murty isn't our biggest problem - far from it - it's these players.

Again it proves they simply can't be trusted to perform on a regular/consistent basis. 

We have no midfield at all. McCrorie I like but he's a defender shoe-horned into a midfield position so we can play that pishy wee diamond every single game and Jack/Holt are two piss-poor central midfielders. They seriously are. You can't make a case for them because they play 2 good games in 4 every now and again - Wilson is in the same boat too.

Windass has all the talent and has been great recently but there always comes a time he resorts to form, again like today.

Declan John and Taverneir I still maintain are fucking God-awful full-backs.

I'm not going to be too hard on Murty albiet he's the manager and responsible for today but these players are going to cost a decent guy his shot at his dream job.

They simply can't be trusted. Not one of them. 

Investment needed - but how many times can we say that online? it's not like the more we shout about it the better chance it will be forthcoming.

What is our problem with playing at Ibrox? our performances and results have been fucking dire. This team keeps raising far more questions and answers.

St Johnstone, a team with someone like Foster in it and their best player is a guy we've loaned them for free and can't play against us.

It's OK saying St Johnstone maybe only 4 chances and scored 3 of them .. how many chances/shots did we have outwith the goal? 3? being generous there.

Good work all undone while we just let Aberdeen back into second (and we still don't want someone like McInnes in charge of us who can churn out win after win with so-called inferior players and a massively inferior budget too)

and yes I started typing this before full-time. So fuck. 

:lol: usual over reactionary nonsense to a set back 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

:lol: usual over reactionary nonsense to a set back 

Alright fat arse care to actually debate the points instead of letting that wee string on your back wind up with the same shite patter 

What have I said there that's untrue?

Do you think our full backs are good? Jack and Holt are top midfielders? we don't need investment? I've been kind to Murty, why does that escape your attention?

As hard as the result is to take its just the manner it comes in. The passing was atrocious throughout, we struggled to hold possession in their half, we keep trying the pointless corners with no one at the near post. It’s just so amateurish, when this mob deflate you, they really fucking deflate you. 

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

A set back ? A set back that’s been staring us in the face for weeks, we weren’t even unlucky we were shite and you think it’s a set back. :duh:

That's the thing. Its the performance. It was devoid of any passion, fight, willingness to show the fans what it means to them to play for Rangers. If we were bossing games and missing chances then its a different story,but being beaten comfortably at home like that is an embarrassment.

My view is that Murty is one of the biggest problems.     That sounds like an over-strong dig at Murty but its not intended to be.   He was asked to step in again and be interim manager.   He agreed.  And when the DOF and board ran aground on the attempt at luring McInnes he was asked to extend his term as interim and has agreed.   For that he is to be congratulated for taking responsibility.    

But he is still a big part of the problem imo.  Its not of his own making as he lacks any relevant extensive experience of managing first team football, never mind managing under the pressures that surround Rangers these days.   He can't be faulted for not having experience or skills or managerial credentials which he simply does not have, but is still prepared to have a go on an interim basis.

All that is by way of saying that a big reason a big part of the problem is Murty is he simply is not well enough experienced and does not have the credentials to deal with a squad of players and to get the best out of that squad on a consistent basis.    He just does not have that in his experience bank yet.   So we get wild swings of results.  Some stellar counterbalanced by others that are beyond woeful.   He is like Warburton.  He can analyse with 20:20 precision after a game, and he can empathise with the fans and all that.   But like Warburton at Rangers he is nowhere near good enough to translate than into to motivating a squad into far better consistent winning ways.     

So imo he is a big part of the problem but not entirely through his own making.   He can only do what he can do even with the sage advice he gets from Walter. 

We need a proper experienced manager with the sort of credentials that can deal with a squad like this and get far better performances and results out of them.   That's not to say there does not need to be an improvement in the quality of players because improvement is needed.   Can a far better and more experienced manager get more out of them?  Well he's going to have to because there isn't really much money to be spent on wholesale changes even if wholesale changes may be needed.

Time for the DOF to deliver a suitable manager and let Murty return to the role he is more suited to and more comfortable with.