Full rebuild required

KingKirk

There is not a first team player currently at our club thats anywhere near good enough. The journey back to this league has done us more damage than good. We aint winning this league anytime soon. Nothing more than a mid table team atm. I suppose thats what we get for signing players from the likes of  swindon and accrington stanley. We try and convince ourselves every fucking week that this mob are good enough when they simply aren't enough is enough IMO

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think the most of the squad, apart from utter shite like Dalcio and has beens like Kranjcar, would all be ok back up players in a normal Rangers side.

McCrorie is the only one who shows me that he has the goods to be a starter in a Rangers winning title team.

How many times has Dalcio played for you to say he is worse than the team that's playing now? We seem to be the only team that wont drop shite players including over age ones and giving others a decent chance

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

There is not a first team player currently at our club thats anywhere near good enough. The journey back to this league has done us more damage than good. We aint winning this league anytime soon. Nothing more than a mid table team atm. I suppose thats what we get for signing players from the likes of  swindon and accrington stanley. We try and convince ourselves every fucking week that this mob are good enough when they simply aren't enough is enough IMO

:lol: quite the over reaction! Bad result but the first on many ‘dummy oot of the oram’ posts I suspect. 

We can’t keep replacing the entire squad every summer. We’ve had to do it for the past 3. Not every player has to be replaced. Why don’t we get a manager who can get the best out of the players we currently have? 

Part of the reason we have to keep replacing is because we’re spending our budget on so many players. If you’re spending 5-10 million on 10 players you’re going to get far less quality than spending 1-2 million on 3 or 4 quality players each. We should be attempting to buy a smaller number of quality players in each window so we don’t have to keep replacing them every year. May take a little longer to build an entire squad full of quality but unfortunately that’s what the current mis-management has caused. 

I think wes, McCrorie, jack and Morelos could do a job with better players around them.

we don’t have a talisman or somecunt who can grab a game by the throat and make things happen.

This squads been rebuilt more times than a Haitians shed.

Blame lies at the feet of the board, bumbling from poor decision to indecision.

1 minute ago, saltire266 said:

How many times has Dalcio played for you to say he is worse than the team that's playing now? We seem to be the only team that wont drop shite players including over age ones and giving others a decent chance

There is a reason he can't get in the team and it's because he is beyond woeful. Even Pedro realised that quickly.

If a full or substantial rebuild is required - and I don't disagree with that - then it is all the more vital that a suitably experienced manger and leader is needed asap to sort the wheat from the chaff and get on the with job of building a proper title-challenging Rangers side.   That person is not Murty.   Murty is to be respected and applauded for stepping into the interim role but that is as far as it goes.   A real manager is required pronto.    The only way Murty should get the manager job full time is if the Club has been allowed to fall to such a low esteem by King and board that the DOF is unable to attract anyone with sufficient credentials to do the job.    If that happens, and Murty is appointed, my view is it would be a very painful number of years ahead.   And with a lot of angst directed at a board who had allowed this drift to happen under their watch, 

Just now, Bigdave30 said:

I think wes, McCrorie, jack and Morelos could do a job with better players around them.

we don’t have a talisman or somecunt who can grab a game by the throat and make things happen.

If we have players who could do a job with better players around them then they are not Rangers players in my opinion.

We've rebuilt the team every single transfer window for about 3 transfer windows now. We don't need 11 new average players and we aren't buying 11 new quality players. We need a creative centre mid, a left winger and another striker. Get quality in those positions and it will go a long long way.

If we are being strict then Fod, Tav, McCrorie, Dorrans, Jack, Morelos can all stay and I wouldn’t be suprised if they looked a lot better in a decent team, few of those could be argued like Tav, Jack, Fod, rest are absolutely garbage regardless.

love wee Holt but he should be as far away from first team football as folk like Jordan Thompson, squad players at best becoming first team guaranteed starters fs.

4 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Wes isnt good enough 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If we have players who could do a job with better players around them then they are not Rangers players in my opinion.

It’s definetly not my definition of a Rangers class player but we are well short of having anyone close to the likes of gazza, laudrup or even Barry Ferguson.

Im looking for silver linings/clutching at straws in this absolute shit shower.

8 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

We don’t have the finances to rebuild, not to rebuild to compete for the title anyway. What we have should be good enough to finish second, but they are just so inconsistent that I can’t see that happening. 

the board needs chased and we,ve no money with a mediocre team. we're fucked. 

2 full-backs, a decent partner for Alves at the back, 2 central midfielders and get Holt/Jack to fuck and a partner for Morelos. That's what we need.

The likes of Candaies, Windass, Herrera, Tav, John can take places on the bench as squad players as far as I'm concerned.