Full rebuild required

KingKirk

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The quick rebuild idea has been our downfall the last couple of seasons. If we want success I think we need to look at bringing in quality rather than quantity. Although they may all look shite at the moment a good manager will be able to get more out of some of them. 

5 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Never ever ever going to happen. The next squad should be built around Foderingham, McCrorie, Barjonas, Jack, Dorrans, and that's it. The rest should be fucking chased to fuck. Golden boys Morelos and Candeias were a couple of bags of shite today, again. Windass a disgusting fucking shite bag. Holt, the modern Nicky Law, a fucking anonymous ghost. Tavernier, pish again. John, a Cardiff reserve and nothing else. Alves a fucking imposter who clearly doesn't want to be here. This squad does need ripped apart and completely rebuilt, but it's not going to happen. The new guy will believe he can get a different tune out of these cunts, nothing is surer. 

I’m with you except for Barjonas and Holt. I don’t think Barjonas has the quality to be a Rangers player. He’s neat and tidy at times but lacks the quality we need. Holt is the most inconsistent player ever but I think would be a valuable squad player for us. On his day he is a good midfielder and used to make good runs beyond the front line. Has been given a different role now but one to keep for the bench imo.

5 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Never ever ever going to happen. The next squad should be built around Foderingham, McCrorie, Barjonas, Jack, Dorrans, and that's it. The rest should be fucking chased to fuck. Golden boys Morelos and Candeias were a couple of bags of shite today, again. Windass a disgusting fucking shite bag. Holt, the modern Nicky Law, a fucking anonymous ghost. Tavernier, pish again. John, a Cardiff reserve and nothing else. Alves a fucking imposter who clearly doesn't want to be here. This squad does need ripped apart and completely rebuilt, but it's not going to happen. The new guy will believe he can get a different tune out of these cunts, nothing is surer. 

Oh and Morelos is one of our better players. Best first touch of any of our forwards and while raw and inconsistent 6/7 times out of ten he will find the back of the net. That will also improve with age and experience.

6 hours ago, bil 65 said:

Last post from me on here ...agree wi blue avenger....but get right pissed off wi folk on here when we get a couple of close wins start talking us up about winning the league.

The bottom line is we're shite and have no money to improve. Do u really think if we had money we would be without a manager for two months?

its mindbogling how naive our support are.

Ffs some posters are probably to young to appreciate the players from the Nineties, early Noughties.

You can't really blame them for trying to have a bit of belief and positivity.

Is there any players that are actually well established and in there prime, Dorrans at a push.

Unless we really start throwing money at this team and buy established players and not potential then we're always going to get inconsistent  performances like yesterday.

Oh and an experienced Manager.

1 hour ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Oh and Morelos is one of our better players. Best first touch of any of our forwards and while raw and inconsistent 6/7 times out of ten he will find the back of the net. That will also improve with age and experience.

Doing ok on a goals per game ratio, but you can smell smoke when he’s thinking about where to put it for a link up.

And think back to Wednesday - 1 in 3!!

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

A decent manager would get more from the current squad although we do need some additions.  Murty is useless but it is the board's fault for putting him in temporary charge and leaving him there.

Not sure I’d go as far as useless, but good things appear to be happening ‘despite’ rather than ‘because of’.

Obviously, all bad things happen ‘because of’.

1 hour ago, westenclosure2008 said:

The quick rebuild idea has been our downfall the last couple of seasons. If we want success I think we need to look at bringing in quality rather than quantity. Although they may all look shite at the moment a good manager will be able to get more out of some of them. 

We will not have a quick rebuild as we don't have the money to do that. A slow rebuild is on the cards as players contracts end, so 2019/20 before we have enough money to put out a half decent team, or, we splash 4 to 5 million on 5 to 10 players and they turn out inconsistent and of poor quality, just like we have now.

There wont be a quick rebuild as we have far too many deadwood players on the books soaking up a wage.  Off the top of my head: Halliady, MOH, Dodoo, Forrester, Hodson, Rossiter, Kranjcar, Miller, Herrera, etc.  I think Wilson, Kranjcar, and Miller's contracts expire at the end of the season but that's it.  We're a team without a manager and the state of our squad will limit our transfer activity for quite a while.  I imagine any new manager will need to sell before he can buy and that's worrying.

7 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

100%this is that to build 8m wasted in the summer should have been spent on 3 or 4 max quality additions  then add another 2 in January and maybe get a couple of pre-contracts lined up for summer look at the other mob basically Ronnie squad but added quality  with sinclair and Dembele  the quality players inspire the others to raise their game 

5 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

There wont be a quick rebuild as we have far too many deadwood players on the books soaking up a wage.  Off the top of my head: Halliady, MOH, Dodoo, Forrester, Hodson, Rossiter, Kranjcar, Miller, Herrera, etc.  I think Wilson, Kranjcar, and Miller's contracts expire at the end of the season but that's it.  We're a team without a manager and the state of our squad will limit our transfer activity for quite a while.  I imagine any new manager will need to sell before he can buy and that's worrying.

We seem to have a habit of collecting players nobody else will pay for in fact we will end up chucking money at them to fuck off, its not a recent thing only as we have been doing it for years, name me one other club anywhere in football that ends up repeatedly in the same situation, McCoist/Warburton and Caxinha all equally guilty, all the moves for everyone from Kyle to Pena sanctioned from upstairs, I get the shivers thinking about the shite that have had a peg in our dressing room.

12 yard skip required for Ibrox every close season (level load only) "sorry driver we just topped it up a bit"

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

A decent manager would get more from the current squad although we do need some additions.  Murty is useless but it is the board's fault for putting him in temporary charge and leaving him there.

People said that when we sacked Mccoist and McCall didn’t manage it. People then said it when Warburton got the bullet and Caixinha didn’t manage it and people are saying it again now. I think the reality is that no manager is getting anything close to what our expectations are out of these players because they the majority of them are dreadful.

You could have put a good experienced manager in charge of that squad, Clarke, Sir Walter, Moyes and a host of others and we wouldn't capitulate at home. My guess is that we could buy 3-4 players in summer and see a huge difference with a decent manager 

The players need someone who is in charge to answer to, not the substitute teacher. We all remember how much fucking around went on when the guy taking the class wasnt hanging around.

11 hours ago, DBBTB said:

People said that when we sacked Mccoist and McCall didn’t manage it. People then said it when Warburton got the bullet and Caixinha didn’t manage it and people are saying it again now. I think the reality is that no manager is getting anything close to what our expectations are out of these players because they the majority of them are dreadful.

I disagree.  Murty is not a manager, plain and simple.  A better manager will get more out of the squad with better training and particularly with better tactics.

On 16/12/2017 at 16:52, KingKirk said:

There is not a first team player currently at our club thats anywhere near good enough. The journey back to this league has done us more damage than good. We aint winning this league anytime soon. Nothing more than a mid table team atm. I suppose thats what we get for signing players from the likes of  swindon and accrington stanley. We try and convince ourselves every fucking week that this mob are good enough when they simply aren't enough is enough IMO

McCrorie?

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

It is quite simple, we cannot afford a full rebuild as we do not have the finance.  A new manager will have to work with the current squad plus a few new signings.    

Exactly, this is what people can't grasp. The idea of rebuilding again isn't going to put us any further forward, we've got a side that can beat teams and be damn good about it. 

They play against celtic like they did against Aberdeen and we'd win that. We've got good goal scorers and the defence isn't as shaky as some would lead you to believe. Ultimately it's a problem of mentality, confidence and grit. and understanding that every game needs to be treated like a cup final against celtic. They have to give it their all and a bit more. 

And the way to do that is by having a good manager who can psyche them up. Murty is likely a man manager, he knows how to lift a players spirits and get them going but it can't motivate them or grill them. We need a Walter or a Ferguson. A real hot head who can scruff all 11 players, tell them to get their cunts unfangled and get out there and do the business.