Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GOAT

This squad

Recommended Posts

A collective group of cowards, imposters, shite bags and duds. As it was under McCoist and Warburton.....Seems to be the norm these days. Rinse and repeat. I expect the next manager to build another squad of absolute shite as well. Cheers Dave. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'd say (overall and not just a reaction to today)

I think this is as fair as I can be having come out a period of seeing us win 4 in a row, couple good wins, some flukes and making an overall impression over some over the past couple of years too.

Fod - Good goalkeeper, but has his moments. Far from perfect. But aye, he will do and I don't think we'll get better in this climate.

Alnwick - Decent back-up. Not really got a bad work to say about him.

Tav - Has some good games but overall he's a ridiculously bad full-back. Pish at defending, no positional sense and even though he can chip-in with the odd assist his passing is woeful.

John - Another shite full-back. Can barely defend.

Hodson - Identical to John above.

Wallace - Appreciate him staying with us for the journey but he's passed it. Been found out a while before getting injured.

Wilson - Rank-rotten. Has a good game now and again and people think he's came onto a game when he's really not and he's just a crap player who's had a good game no more no less.

Bates - Not the greatest but never really claimed to be. There's a reason Raith Rovers didn't even want him but he's an option to have like Hibs at Easter Road where you can throw an extra body in at the back and just tell him to keep clearing the lines.

Alves - Not been great but not as bad as people make out. He's got talent and pedigree but needs someone decent next to him to help him.

Cardoso - Another stinker. He's like a tanned, foreign Kiernan.

McCrorie - Wasn't that great today but the one shining light at the moment - big future.

Barjonas - Over-rated. People see something in him that's not there. I think they get a wee hard-on for the foreign sounding name or something.

Pena - Fuck actually knows. Not seen enough of him. Some good games, some bad games, seems to be in contention one week and nowhere to be seen for 2 weeks after that.

Jack - Was fucking shite at Aberdeen and shite with us too. One of the most over-rated players I've seen in a Rangers shirt. I'm not being hyperbolic, I mean it - the way fans hold a candle to this guy is unreal.

Windass - Got talent there but can't be trusted. Too inconsistent but there's a player there.

Nemane - Fuck knows. A DOF master-class and hopefully not a sign of things to come. Hibs got that boy Baker from Man City on loan and we are stuck with this cunt?

Dalcio - Who?

Holt - A trier and not the worst today but nowhere near Rangers class.

Halliday - Because he was born on the Copland Road it doesn't make him a Rangers star. Thought he did a job for us in the second-tier but we were always gonna need an upgrade. He's every bit the Bradford player.

O'Halloran - Wee fenian fuck should never have been signed especially for that cash. Never interested in playing for us even if Pedro treated him like shite. Hopefully get a couple of hundred grand for him.

Forrester - As said the other day he's got talent but his attitude is why he's messing about with Wimbledon in the lower leagues. Not got a future in the game at any top level.

Krancjer - Still got some ability but he's done. Finished. Too slow, legs gone. Don't hate him but he should be away shortly.

Rossiter - Thought he was pish anytime I seen him with Liverpool and England under 19's ... another that just because he was on Liverpool's books people think he's great and will too a job. It's not even the fact he's injury-prone he's just not Rangers class for what we need to do.

Dorrans - I've got hopes for him. He was played in the wrong formation under Pedro. He's got talent. Hope he will show it when he's back.

Dodoo - Fucking pish. Headless chicken. Another who will be playing for AFC Wimbledon or something this time next year.

Candiaes - Been OK for 700k but very inconsistent and even though he has his uses, we need a serious upgrade on guys like him to compete.

Miller - Another that's passed it but would still use sparingly in some of the bigger games. He's still got a wee bit in his locker but playing him every week without fail benefits no-one.

Morelos - Good wee player and a bargain for a million. Shame he's isolated most of the time. Not really his fault. Could be doing with a decent partner upfront.

Herrera - Again, like Pena difficult to tell. Don't think he's the worst player I've seen but it's obvious he's never going to get the chance so a classic case of what if, perhaps.

Agree with the exception of Fod. Great shot stopper and that's about it. His overall game is as weak as piss. You build from the back and we have a keeper who lacks so many of the basic attributes and a bit of a shrinking violet and that's not good for a keeper, nor good for the defenders in front of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I like both of them tbh I think Tav is the best RB in the league. He’s good enough 8/10 games IMO and that’s a lot more consistent than the rest of the squad. 

Jack as well, he keeps us ticking and won the ball for the goal today cause he was up and pressing them. I think we missed him in the middle for the Hibs game, we’d have kept the ball a lot better I think. 

Agree 100%. If Tav was playing elsewhere he’d be exactly the type of player I’d want us to sign, and Jack has a big future with us if he can stop getting sent off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a manager now as this lot need a kick up the ass and  to up there game there's no urgency about there play.

King  if you can't handle it then get someone who can .

We're becoming the  bleeding laughing stock due to the boards antics and dithering .

Murty needs help as the players like him but are not scared of him.

So let us fans know what your doing as your silence is only causing more rumours that your doing nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'd say (overall and not just a reaction to today)

I think this is as fair as I can be having come out a period of seeing us win 4 in a row, couple good wins, some flukes and making an overall impression over some over the past couple of years too.

Fod - Good goalkeeper, but has his moments. Far from perfect. But aye, he will do and I don't think we'll get better in this climate.

Alnwick - Decent back-up. Not really got a bad work to say about him.

Tav - Has some good games but overall he's a ridiculously bad full-back. Pish at defending, no positional sense and even though he can chip-in with the odd assist his passing is woeful.

John - Another shite full-back. Can barely defend.

Hodson - Identical to John above.

Wallace - Appreciate him staying with us for the journey but he's passed it. Been found out a while before getting injured.

Wilson - Rank-rotten. Has a good game now and again and people think he's came onto a game when he's really not and he's just a crap player who's had a good game no more no less.

Bates - Not the greatest but never really claimed to be. There's a reason Raith Rovers didn't even want him but he's an option to have like Hibs at Easter Road where you can throw an extra body in at the back and just tell him to keep clearing the lines.

Alves - Not been great but not as bad as people make out. He's got talent and pedigree but needs someone decent next to him to help him.

Cardoso - Another stinker. He's like a tanned, foreign Kiernan.

McCrorie - Wasn't that great today but the one shining light at the moment - big future.

Barjonas - Over-rated. People see something in him that's not there. I think they get a wee hard-on for the foreign sounding name or something.

Pena - Fuck actually knows. Not seen enough of him. Some good games, some bad games, seems to be in contention one week and nowhere to be seen for 2 weeks after that.

Jack - Was fucking shite at Aberdeen and shite with us too. One of the most over-rated players I've seen in a Rangers shirt. I'm not being hyperbolic, I mean it - the way fans hold a candle to this guy is unreal.

Windass - Got talent there but can't be trusted. Too inconsistent but there's a player there.

Nemane - Fuck knows. A DOF master-class and hopefully not a sign of things to come. Hibs got that boy Baker from Man City on loan and we are stuck with this cunt?

Dalcio - Who?

Holt - A trier and not the worst today but nowhere near Rangers class.

Halliday - Because he was born on the Copland Road it doesn't make him a Rangers star. Thought he did a job for us in the second-tier but we were always gonna need an upgrade. He's every bit the Bradford player.

O'Halloran - Wee fenian fuck should never have been signed especially for that cash. Never interested in playing for us even if Pedro treated him like shite. Hopefully get a couple of hundred grand for him.

Forrester - As said the other day he's got talent but his attitude is why he's messing about with Wimbledon in the lower leagues. Not got a future in the game at any top level.

Krancjer - Still got some ability but he's done. Finished. Too slow, legs gone. Don't hate him but he should be away shortly.

Rossiter - Thought he was pish anytime I seen him with Liverpool and England under 19's ... another that just because he was on Liverpool's books people think he's great and will too a job. It's not even the fact he's injury-prone he's just not Rangers class for what we need to do.

Dorrans - I've got hopes for him. He was played in the wrong formation under Pedro. He's got talent. Hope he will show it when he's back.

Dodoo - Fucking pish. Headless chicken. Another who will be playing for AFC Wimbledon or something this time next year.

Candiaes - Been OK for 700k but very inconsistent and even though he has his uses, we need a serious upgrade on guys like him to compete.

Miller - Another that's passed it but would still use sparingly in some of the bigger games. He's still got a wee bit in his locker but playing him every week without fail benefits no-one.

Morelos - Good wee player and a bargain for a million. Shame he's isolated most of the time. Not really his fault. Could be doing with a decent partner upfront.

Herrera - Again, like Pena difficult to tell. Don't think he's the worst player I've seen but it's obvious he's never going to get the chance so a classic case of what if, perhaps.

Agree with most of that but for Fod who is utter pish (think Cammy Bell) and Herrera who is lump of wood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Of course they’re miles ahead of us at the moment, we haven’t had a manager for months and prior to that we didn’t really have one either. We’ve also had a ridiculous amount of injuries and suspensions to key players. And still we’re only 5 points behind them.

By the time the New Year comes we'll be a lot more than five behind,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, London Calling said:

My fear is the board cashes in on Morelos if a decent offer comes in..

That’s not an If. That’s a when

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, surfsup2 said:

We need a manager now as this lot need a kick up the ass and  to up there game there's no urgency about there play.

King  if you can't handle it then get someone who can .

We're becoming the  bleeding laughing stock due to the boards antics and dithering .

Murty needs help as the players like him but are not scared of him.

So let us fans know what your doing as your silence is only causing more rumours that your doing nothing.

A kick up the ass by PepG would make no difference to this squad. The stuff just aint there. 

Murty or any other manager needs qiality to work with and that aint happening under this board.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just makes you so angry after the last few games especially at home .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm genuinely surprised that people stilll rate Jack. He's absolutely anonymous. I don't think Holt is a high quality player but even he's better than Jack. 

We need 3 centre midfielders.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, London Calling said:

My fear is the board cashes in on Morelos if a decent offer comes in..

I'd be gutted

Possibly the only player in the current squad I've taken a liking to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've had the Warburton squad. Shite.

We've had the Pedro squad. Arguably better shite, but still shite.

We're now left with mixed shite, in what I've got to say we've seen the best of mixed shite in that first sheep victory.

2 or 3 players at most are a bit of quality and the rest of the squad shall remain exactly what they are. 

There is no improvng them as too many lack the basic attributes to become better players. Yes, they will over perform at times and click, but in the main, they will be going head to head with all the other mediocrity in this league, with the outcome unpredictable, as that is just what you get from very average players. Inconsistency.

As the old saying goes, there is no polishing a turd, but the penny is just failing to drop with many.

Spend the money, get in the quality, gain the consistency and results become very predictable

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I'd say (overall and not just a reaction to today)

I think this is as fair as I can be having come out a period of seeing us win 4 in a row, couple good wins, some flukes and making an overall impression over some over the past couple of years too.

Fod - Good goalkeeper, but has his moments. Far from perfect. But aye, he will do and I don't think we'll get better in this climate.

Alnwick - Decent back-up. Not really got a bad work to say about him.

Tav - Has some good games but overall he's a ridiculously bad full-back. Pish at defending, no positional sense and even though he can chip-in with the odd assist his passing is woeful.

John - Another shite full-back. Can barely defend.

Hodson - Identical to John above.

Wallace - Appreciate him staying with us for the journey but he's passed it. Been found out a while before getting injured.

Wilson - Rank-rotten. Has a good game now and again and people think he's came onto a game when he's really not and he's just a crap player who's had a good game no more no less.

Bates - Not the greatest but never really claimed to be. There's a reason Raith Rovers didn't even want him but he's an option to have like Hibs at Easter Road where you can throw an extra body in at the back and just tell him to keep clearing the lines.

Alves - Not been great but not as bad as people make out. He's got talent and pedigree but needs someone decent next to him to help him.

Cardoso - Another stinker. He's like a tanned, foreign Kiernan.

McCrorie - Wasn't that great today but the one shining light at the moment - big future.

Barjonas - Over-rated. People see something in him that's not there. I think they get a wee hard-on for the foreign sounding name or something.

Pena - Fuck actually knows. Not seen enough of him. Some good games, some bad games, seems to be in contention one week and nowhere to be seen for 2 weeks after that.

Jack - Was fucking shite at Aberdeen and shite with us too. One of the most over-rated players I've seen in a Rangers shirt. I'm not being hyperbolic, I mean it - the way fans hold a candle to this guy is unreal.

Windass - Got talent there but can't be trusted. Too inconsistent but there's a player there.

Nemane - Fuck knows. A DOF master-class and hopefully not a sign of things to come. Hibs got that boy Baker from Man City on loan and we are stuck with this cunt?

Dalcio - Who?

Holt - A trier and not the worst today but nowhere near Rangers class.

Halliday - Because he was born on the Copland Road it doesn't make him a Rangers star. Thought he did a job for us in the second-tier but we were always gonna need an upgrade. He's every bit the Bradford player.

O'Halloran - Wee fenian fuck should never have been signed especially for that cash. Never interested in playing for us even if Pedro treated him like shite. Hopefully get a couple of hundred grand for him.

Forrester - As said the other day he's got talent but his attitude is why he's messing about with Wimbledon in the lower leagues. Not got a future in the game at any top level.

Krancjer - Still got some ability but he's done. Finished. Too slow, legs gone. Don't hate him but he should be away shortly.

Rossiter - Thought he was pish anytime I seen him with Liverpool and England under 19's ... another that just because he was on Liverpool's books people think he's great and will too a job. It's not even the fact he's injury-prone he's just not Rangers class for what we need to do.

Dorrans - I've got hopes for him. He was played in the wrong formation under Pedro. He's got talent. Hope he will show it when he's back.

Dodoo - Fucking pish. Headless chicken. Another who will be playing for AFC Wimbledon or something this time next year.

Candiaes - Been OK for 700k but very inconsistent and even though he has his uses, we need a serious upgrade on guys like him to compete.

Miller - Another that's passed it but would still use sparingly in some of the bigger games. He's still got a wee bit in his locker but playing him every week without fail benefits no-one.

Morelos - Good wee player and a bargain for a million. Shame he's isolated most of the time. Not really his fault. Could be doing with a decent partner upfront.

Herrera - Again, like Pena difficult to tell. Don't think he's the worst player I've seen but it's obvious he's never going to get the chance so a classic case of what if, perhaps.

Always respect your opinion  as you probably see more football than most of us. 

Talk about fods faults and something about climate? No sure what that means but I'm assuming you're  suggesting he would do better with better players around him. He's not a striker. Hes either pish or hes pish, no hiding. in my opinion ges utterly pish.  He could have came for that cross for the second. A fucking floater and didnt want to come. Yp

you say you dont have a bad word against alnwick so get him fucking in. 

tav, wallace (when fit) hodson, john all get caught the same way. Ball watching and too far up the park, getting caught inside. Its fucking embarrassing. Theres the baw, fuck, theres a cunt running behind me. Fucking oor josh had his hand up trying to play offside when HE was actually on the goal line. Dont imagine part of our training is, fucking glove puppets, when he's here, you go there.

The jack comment not sure about, he's been the 2nd best defensive midfielder of the 7 we play.

Candieas was a disgrace, he has pace yet would rather  bounce a ball off the first man than show some balls and take a man on.

Rositter. pfff. its the hope that gets you.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jam_piece said:

Always respect your opinion  as you probably see more football than most of us. 

Talk about fods faults and something about climate? No sure what that means but I'm assuming you're  suggesting he would do better with better players around him. He's not a striker. Hes either pish or hes pish, no hiding. in my opinion ges utterly pish.  He could have came for that cross for the second. A fucking floater and didnt want to come. Yp

you say you dont have a bad word against alnwick so get him fucking in. 

tav, wallace (when fit) hodson, john all get caught the same way. Ball watching and too far up the park, getting caught inside. Its fucking embarrassing. Theres the baw, fuck, theres a cunt running behind me. Fucking oor josh had his hand up trying to play offside when HE was actually on the goal line. Dont imagine part of our training is, fucking glove puppets, when he's here, you go there.

The jack comment not sure about, he's been the 2nd best defensive midfielder of the 7 we play.

Candieas was a disgrace, he has pace yet would rather  bounce a ball off the first man than show some balls and take a man on.

Rositter. pfff. its the hope that gets you.....

All I meant by in this climate mate was could we afford/attract a better goalkeeper than him is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'd say (overall and not just a reaction to today)

I think this is as fair as I can be having come out a period of seeing us win 4 in a row, couple good wins, some flukes and making an overall impression over some over the past couple of years too.

Fod - Good goalkeeper, but has his moments. Far from perfect. But aye, he will do and I don't think we'll get better in this climate.

Alnwick - Decent back-up. Not really got a bad work to say about him.

Tav - Has some good games but overall he's a ridiculously bad full-back. Pish at defending, no positional sense and even though he can chip-in with the odd assist his passing is woeful.

John - Another shite full-back. Can barely defend.

Hodson - Identical to John above.

Wallace - Appreciate him staying with us for the journey but he's passed it. Been found out a while before getting injured.

Wilson - Rank-rotten. Has a good game now and again and people think he's came onto a game when he's really not and he's just a crap player who's had a good game no more no less.

Bates - Not the greatest but never really claimed to be. There's a reason Raith Rovers didn't even want him but he's an option to have like Hibs at Easter Road where you can throw an extra body in at the back and just tell him to keep clearing the lines.

Alves - Not been great but not as bad as people make out. He's got talent and pedigree but needs someone decent next to him to help him.

Cardoso - Another stinker. He's like a tanned, foreign Kiernan.

McCrorie - Wasn't that great today but the one shining light at the moment - big future.

Barjonas - Over-rated. People see something in him that's not there. I think they get a wee hard-on for the foreign sounding name or something.

Pena - Fuck actually knows. Not seen enough of him. Some good games, some bad games, seems to be in contention one week and nowhere to be seen for 2 weeks after that.

Jack - Was fucking shite at Aberdeen and shite with us too. One of the most over-rated players I've seen in a Rangers shirt. I'm not being hyperbolic, I mean it - the way fans hold a candle to this guy is unreal.

Windass - Got talent there but can't be trusted. Too inconsistent but there's a player there.

Nemane - Fuck knows. A DOF master-class and hopefully not a sign of things to come. Hibs got that boy Baker from Man City on loan and we are stuck with this cunt?

Dalcio - Who?

Holt - A trier and not the worst today but nowhere near Rangers class.

Halliday - Because he was born on the Copland Road it doesn't make him a Rangers star. Thought he did a job for us in the second-tier but we were always gonna need an upgrade. He's every bit the Bradford player.

O'Halloran - Wee fenian fuck should never have been signed especially for that cash. Never interested in playing for us even if Pedro treated him like shite. Hopefully get a couple of hundred grand for him.

Forrester - As said the other day he's got talent but his attitude is why he's messing about with Wimbledon in the lower leagues. Not got a future in the game at any top level.

Krancjer - Still got some ability but he's done. Finished. Too slow, legs gone. Don't hate him but he should be away shortly.

Rossiter - Thought he was pish anytime I seen him with Liverpool and England under 19's ... another that just because he was on Liverpool's books people think he's great and will too a job. It's not even the fact he's injury-prone he's just not Rangers class for what we need to do.

Dorrans - I've got hopes for him. He was played in the wrong formation under Pedro. He's got talent. Hope he will show it when he's back.

Dodoo - Fucking pish. Headless chicken. Another who will be playing for AFC Wimbledon or something this time next year.

Candiaes - Been OK for 700k but very inconsistent and even though he has his uses, we need a serious upgrade on guys like him to compete.

Miller - Another that's passed it but would still use sparingly in some of the bigger games. He's still got a wee bit in his locker but playing him every week without fail benefits no-one.

Morelos - Good wee player and a bargain for a million. Shame he's isolated most of the time. Not really his fault. Could be doing with a decent partner upfront.

Herrera - Again, like Pena difficult to tell. Don't think he's the worst player I've seen but it's obvious he's never going to get the chance so a classic case of what if, perhaps.

Collectively, fucked up the whole weekend, Christmas and New Year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of them seem to find the pressure of playing at Ibrox too much and the weight of the jersey too heavy imo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, surfsup2 said:

We need a manager now as this lot need a kick up the ass and  to up there game there's no urgency about there play.

King  if you can't handle it then get someone who can .

We're becoming the  bleeding laughing stock due to the boards antics and dithering .

Murty needs help as the players like him but are not scared of him.

So let us fans know what your doing as your silence is only causing more rumours that your doing nothing.

:tu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

The thing tbis squad lack mostly is the mental toughness to rise above the opponents 100%.   Even with Gazza and laudrup there was always games that we win ugly consistently.  This team don’t have any flair at all but really lack the hard work needed to win consistently.

i also think that this team was assembled to play a counter attack with the results away from Home backing this up.  Teams come out a lot more at their own middens whereas at ibrox they sit in and flood the 18 yard line knowing we lack the flair and creativity needed to break through.

were meant to have spent about 8-9 million and still behind Aberdeen after beating them twice. That’s a fucking disgrace and we need another rebuild next summer

Totally agree you could see how easily at Easter road we broke and with a bit more quality would've scored 3-4 without even controlling any of the game really 

total summation of Pedro's lack of ideas around the Scottish game.  Counter attacking football is never going to work in a league where 8-9 of 11 teams are happy with a draw against us 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny. Cunts were creaming over this squad after our last 3 results. Thank fuck we lost yesterday,maybe it will put to bed this ridiculous fucking notion that an under 20s coach is the man to stop them doing 10 in a row.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×